Realms of Dread Chapter Two

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Archedius' room at the Old Shell-

Jamethon answers Rardi-

''You don't understand, Rardi. Jarg is what is called a 'dark elf' or 'drow.' He travelled among us in disguise as a fair elf, seeking to earn our trust. When first I came to this land of Faerun, I had no idea what a 'drow' was, but I've heard the tales of their terrible wickedness and depravity. If only I had known earlier.... Well, Jarg seemed to be one of us, but at a crucial moment, he turned against our cause. He attacked without warning and shoved me out of a tower window, thinking to kill me. I was saved from death for I had called upon my patron for the power to walk on air, just seconds before the drow revealed his treachery. I nearly slew him in the fight that followed, and he's since disappeared. ''

Jamethon sits down in the nearest chair.

''I believe that Jarg may have been secretly working for an old ally of ours who has since turned against us, Master Fallenleaf.''
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon May 25, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the gnomish smithy

Ino arrived a little while ago, and found Glim [ a jollier sort of gnome that his reserved brother] working with a couple of helpers [also gnomes]. Glim has been giving her a tour of the showroom, in which many fine weapons are dsiplayed, and chatting about matters magical, when the shop door swings open and Threan enters from the street.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Archedius nods to Jamethon and pats the side of his arm to acknowledge his story. He then nods again to Jamethon and moves to address Alain,

"Alain, if by well you mean we received our new orders then yes. If you mean that the man that was captured has ended up dead and is officially being blamed for the beheadings, then no."

"Forgive my tone, Alain. I am a bit upset by the situation at hand. But we will deal with it..."

Archedius trails off and noticably draws air into his lungs with his mouth slightly agape. Unintentionally, he slightly upcurls the sides of his mouth into a smile. Or as close as his face can make it.

He notices Ironheart entering the room and his gaze is noticably locked on the bloody scalps for an awkward time before he catches himself,

"...Alain, we will be splitting the group up betweent the two cases. Rardi and I have voiced our decision to work the old case and Inovidil has been kind enough to lend her talents to assist."

"Out of respect for you, I will not decide for you what case to work but I would recommend you work the new smuggler case. You have a way with words that would help us on that front."

Archedius moves towards Ironheart, "I heard you took several bolts to your body before slaying most of your attackers." He grins, "Proud of you, young one."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

" A dark elf scum! Ye lucky ye alive then, laddie. I ne'er heard a no good drow. Fallenleaf is someone ye be knowin as well?"
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Threan goes to his brothers side and whispers something into his ear(PM) . Then takes him to the side .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil enjoys very much her chat with Glim. She always liked speaking about magic and the gnome seem to know many things as well. When Threan entered she greets him and gets a few steps back in order to give them some privacy.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Archedius wrote:"Out of respect for you, I will not decide for you what case to work but I would recommend you work the new smuggler case. You have a way with words that would help us on that front."
Alain reluctantly agrees with Archedius. But not beforfe clearing his mind of his thoughts on the smuggling case.

"Personally, I believe the smuggling case to be a waste of time, but if it keeps Rask off the trail of our real goals, then I will comply."
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

"Have no worries, Alain," says Blaise. "I intend that we'll all have an enjoyable time beating up smugglers, even if they end up being nonexistent. Let's review Rask's orders, then we'll pick the parts of those orders that we like.

"Hmm, I will have to take time off tomorrow afternoon. Last night, Lord Ildool granted an interview with a noted historian who happens to look just like me. Fancy that. I know that Ildool was quite enchanted by the sight of Inovidil -- well, naturally! -- and he may be expecting her as well, but if she's going to be sneaking about, then perhaps another historian such as yourself, Alain, would care to accompany me. It's up to you ... and to Ino, of course, if she'd like to come."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The note from Rask appears to be in the form of a summarized report on the case:

report- smuggling activity

One the first of Flamerule 1372, Sergeant Yarris and patrol of five watchmen halted and inspected a barge outside Marsh Gate during the early hours of the morning. A cache of hidden arms is found aboard the barge: 20 crossbows with a dozen bolts for each one, 24 flasks of alchemists' fire, 16 assorted hand-arms[axes, swords,etc].

Under interrogation, the crew admitted only that they had been well-paid by a stranger- the crewmen thought him a foreigner from the southlands by his speech and appearance, to bring the arms into the city, but would not reveal further useful information. The barge pilot, Hesper Fuln, is registered member of the Bro. of Boatmen and Channel-Pilots. Fuln was transferred to the citadel on the 7th of this month, per request of the his Lordship the Baron of Marsember.

Sergeant Yarris X

- Watch Captain Rask -

note- Hesper Fuln is presumed to have died in the fall of the Citadel- but I cannot discount the possibility that he may have somehow escaped amid the fire and confusion.

WC Rask
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue May 26, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Seems mighty convenient if'n ye ask me, people. This smugglin gig is too easy for Rask to have given us. After readin this note, my convictions are even stronger on that subject."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After speaking(PM) to his brother in private ."You can get back to talking shop of the caster sort . I going to the Old Shell to meet up with the rest of the group and see what info they obtained from the guard captain ." And with that he heads out the door to the inn .

PM=Sent to you Ewan .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana leans over to alain, looking impatient.

"Smuggling, shmuggling. Who cares about smuggling? What did the diary say?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil just nods to Threen and turning to Glim says:

"I hope it's all good. Actually I don't came here only to chat about magic. I heard that Amnites came here asking about people that attacked them and then joined Militia. Can you tell me more about that please? How they looked like and if they said what these guys did to them?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

kintire wrote:Shana leans over to alain, looking impatient.

"Smuggling, shmuggling. Who cares about smuggling? What did the diary say?"
Alain looks to Shana. "Right. From what I was able to gather from the readings, this Fortis character had more interest in our Nell than one would assume.
Apparently, on the frequent occasions he would pay visit to her, her did not do so out of want or desire for her services. She accounted that although he paid her for her time, he did not even so much as enjoy a kiss let alone any other practice of her profession.
She does make mention that he would bring her gifts. Food and clothing and such.
Most interesting though, is her final entry in the book, which I will quote;

'How kind he is to me! Fortis has never touched me as other men do, but yesterday he embraced me tenderly and he told that he is going to buy my contract from the Madame and bring me to live with him. I can scarcely understand it all, but somehow I feel that I can trust him. He's not like the other men who come here. He is good and kind.'"

He then closes the book, looking to the rest for a response.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"hmmm. Maybe he's a psychopath with a charm spell, or maybe someone got her before he could take her out of reach. Either way, we need to find him. But we need to keep it quiet. They've already murdered one innocent... well, innocent of this anyway... to cover it up. They won't hesitate to murder more. I wonder if it had anything to do with Lord Ildool's coup?"