Realms of Dread Chapter Two

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Oh it gits better than that, I assure ye. So as I am walkin out, I see a figure fleeing. I cast a Hold on it. It freezes but something lands on the ground, a child! I git closer and see that it is in fact what used ta be a girl but now, as Blaise supects and you all do, undead child. I was gonna end it but it never asked foir it's fate. I tried to reason witwh the woman but she wouldn't have any of it. We nearly came to blows but she ran off with the child. I won' kill it or blame 'er. Tis that bastard Delthrin who needs to be punished an I suspect that the Min'Flayer will take care o that fer us. He deserves far worst. YE shoulda seen how tui was caged up and it was nailed too. Really a sick display."

Rardi stops talking and waits for the others to react.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"That's horrible! And to think, this twisted necromancer was a respected citizen of Cormyr... and operating quite openly, too!"

Shana shudders

"maybe we should burn his house down..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil listens Blaise carfully.

"He had to do with the smuggling case too...amazing. I'm glad you overheard the discussion Threen!"

When Rardi tells them about the woman and the child Inovidil sighs.

"An undead child, ah. Well not a big surprise indeed. This man was living with undead and was making experiments to other creatures. Guess the woman might be his daughter but we need to crossexamine that. If you remember when we came here the first time and Blaise asked about a paintimg, Delthrin said that one of his children did it, so maybe there are more here. Can you guys handle another fight? I have used almost all of my magic and cannot be much help. Rardi, can you heal us if we need it?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

the Old Shell-

Alain smiles and wishes Jamethon a good evening, saying that he plans on waiting up for the others and being far too excited over the prospects of Lantan to sleep just yet.

He orders another mulled wine, casting his eyes about the inn's common area occasionally looking to the door in anticipation.

Feeling the mild euphoria that comes with drinking, he smiles and idly passes time by shooting random questions at the person handling the bar.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yeah I have a few more potions an a few cures but me big ones are all gone. Mebbe we should come back. It ain' like Delthrin's gonna come back anytime soon, is it? An can we grab tha slipper so we can find that woman an child if need be? I want you to scry on Archedius as soon as you can, even if it means buyin tha spell, Inovidil."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Better leave then yes and return another time. As about the spell, no need to buy itl Rardi, I just need to rest and then I will be able to cast it."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

"Well, wait a moment," says Blaise. "While I sincerely doubt that there are any living children here -- and frankly I hope not! -- shouldn't we see whether Archedius returns? Granted, if he's made friends with a mind flayer, then based on what I've heard, he could reappear anywhere." He shrugs his shoulders. "Okay, I'm fine with leaving. Hey, maybe we could go back to that warehouse? As you said, Delthrin likely isn't returning anytime soon. It would be good to have more evidence against Delthrin. I'd like to have something other than bite marks to show for what we've been through tonight."

He allows a slight smirk. "But any more creepy children like Rardi described, and I'm running back to that boat!"
Last edited by Ken of Ghastria on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"OK let's vote. But Imma sayin if we git inta trouble less' git outta here an quick. Blaise we kin come back well rested. Delthrin won' be comin back, I kin bet ye a pint o ale."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"I'm ready to go. Delthrin's deaad, and it looks like he was behind the decapitations. Feeding his pet Mindflaayer....ugh. I suspect thaat we should make ourselves scarce though: I doubt the good lords of Cormyr will appreciate the fact that they were tolerating a vile necromancer becoming public knowledge. It might be best if we were never here..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi begins making her way out and looks back at Shana, then the others, "I dunno what ye be talkin about. I'm right at this moment in me bed sleepin away tha evenin", before exitting the house and waiting for the others.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"That's true, maybe they will want to reassign us as soon as we tell them that Delthrin was behind the smuggling case too...In fact we should tell them that we were investigating on that one and "by accident" find out this place and what was in here. Or we will do as we know nothing and continue working on our smuggling case and leave Delthrin and the undead children for now. Nobody knows what happened here and what we found out. Delthrin has disappeared for ever and doubt he will be missed...and if anyone comes in here searching for him might think that the necromancer is dead or eaten by an undead... My point is that better not talk about what we found out and why we came here in first place. They assigned us another mission and that is what we will do. What do you think?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi looks at Inovidil. "I said I was in bed asleep all night if anyone does asks me."
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise nods after Rardi speaks. "Agreed. Don't mention a thing about being here. No good can come of that. We'll go to the warehouse and collect as much information as we can. If we're still missing some answers after that ... well, I've gotten an invitation to do more work for Deltrin's man who's doing the 'grunt' work of the smuggling operation. I'll follow up with him in disguise to learn more if we have to."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Indeed. Delthrin? never heard of him."

Shana heads rapidly out of the house and, assuming the others follow, will make for the boat
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Blackpillars

The party begins to file out of Blackpillars, heading for the opposite shore and the waiting boat [if, indeed, it is still there]. All but two members are accounted for: Threan never returned from scouting and Archideus is...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)