Setting newbies Wanted for Totally Excellent PbP

Online roleplaying at the Café
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Setting newbies Wanted for Totally Excellent PbP

Post by The Whistler »

Obviously, this might not be the best place to put out the call for this sort of thing, but I figured I'd try anyways. :) I've been running a story/writing-centric Ravenloft PbP game for a month-ish now on an external forum, with the aim of getting some of my buddies involved in D&D--none of them had played beforehand, but were curious to try it out. Unfortunately, this meant that a few of them didn't actually like it after said test run. :P

The majority of us, however, are still totally gung-ho about it, and I've still got a heck of a story to tell, which means I am now looking for a pair of Spectacular Understudies! To wit: if anyone would like to play a Victorian-British undercover constable (sneaky Cleric) or a Late Edo Period Japanese academic researcher (Wizard), I would be absolutely delighted to have you. A few notes:

-These are *understudy* gigs, in that you'd be subbing in for someone else's dude. While the basic character concepts are already in place, however, it's extremely early in the game, so you'd be welcome/encouraged to muck with whatever you want in these guys' backstories. That is to say, if it's not explicitly stated in the couple paragraphs of text that the prior players have already posted, you get to come up with it yourself. In practice, this will give you a *lot* of leeway--for example, aside from the classes, the characters' builds will be totally up to you game-mechanic-wise.

-This is the kicker: ideally, I'd like any candidates to be *mostly* unfamiliar with the Ravenloft setting, or at least the secrets behind it. If you're a curious newcomer to the setting (and this site, presumably), so much the better; if you've played around with it a little in the past, that's probably cool too--basically, I'm looking for a lack of DM knowledge. While I have tweaked some of the details within the gameworld, this campaign is ultimately intended to be a "best-of" for people who want to get more involved in the setting, and it doesn't help my attempts at storytelling if you know all of the plot twists in advance. :) Anyways, if you're unsure about how qualified you'd be on this score, just ask.

Other than that, you can look forward to an excellent, low-key adventure yarn, with a bunch of friendly co-players to back you up. If you're interested or want to know more, shoot me a PM and we can talk about it. Thanks for listening!
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Please to be IMing me when you have a convenience :D
Sareau
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sareau »

I'm new to this forum, but would like to learn more, and thsi seems as good a way as any. Please IM me and we'll collaborate...
Twin Agate Dragons
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Twin Agate Dragons »

Right now I only have a basic overview of Ravenloft, with the exception of Barovia. It is the only domain I know very well (of course I will have to become more intimately familiar with other aspects and domains of the setting to fully develop the Dreull Lands).

I'd love to get in on a PBP game.
[url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6410]Ravenloft - The Dreull Lands[/url] | [url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6413]Recent Updates[/url]
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Wow, actual demand! There's pretty heavy competition for the remaining spot at this point, but I'll contact everyone interested soon if I haven't already. If you're still game but haven't said so yet, never fear; you should totally still let me know. :-)
Michael Cross
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Michael Cross »

H-hello there, sir. I'm completely new to this whole thing, but I am doing a bit of reading at this point to learn more. What you have planned seems quite ideal for a person such as myself, but I am unsure if I'm too new. However, I am a quick learner and I wish terribly to learn how to roleplay on this site.

Please, if you're willing to take on a complete newbie and it isn't too late, send a message.