Real life fear/horror/madness

Books, movies, television and everything else
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Real life fear/horror/madness

Post by Dark Angel »

Zilfer wrote:Is there a problem with introducing the younger generation to Star wars? It's not THAT bad, and it's not aimed at your audience. I would love to play with you Gonzoron but does it only include the Movie Trivia or does it open to EU?

I mean if I say....

Ysalamiri
Yuzhan Vong
Mandalorian
Great Hyperspace War
Miraluka
Darth Revan
Exar Kun
The Thrawn Campaign
Sith'Ari?
ect....

Do those even say anything to you?
The questions focus mainly in the original trilogy and as it was released in the late 90's, it included a bonus set (like 10-20) Episode 1 cards that are heinously easy if you saw the prequels (What planet is covered in one massive city? Duh, Coruscant?). No video game or novel based questions which is a damn shame, but those would be a significantly harder game to appeal to the "normals". If it makes you feel better Zilfer, I know exactly what each term is and realize the damn shame that they are not more mainstream as they make terrific storylines.
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

It does make me feel better. :D Glad to know i'm not the only one that knows too much and when I start talking some people's eyes will glaze over. xD
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Manofevil wrote:How can we have faith in Di$ney when they did THIS: http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link ... TRCqpJsJtw
In the interest of simultaneous rebuttal and getting this thread back to its advertised topic, I present the following

How can we have faith in Luca$film when they did THIS:

And THIS:

And most of all, THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS:

The horror, the horror.... the madness... the fear ... that leads to anger... and then to hate.... and then to suffering.... and then back to HORROR!!!!

But seriously, one thing I love about SW is how it's more than a movie series, it's a shared cultural icon, and can be re-used, re-mixed, joked about, spun towards kids (see MOE's link), spun towards, er... "adults" (see HMB's original comment that started this) etc. It's all in good fun. I don't think the same people who work on theme park attractions over at Disney will be on the new movies...
I didn't particularly HATE the Ewok Adventure. It still had some basic underlying flavor, but even if I did, it would pale in comparison to the idea of women dressed up astar wars characters doing karaoke of THE SPICE GIRLS!! THE SPICE GIRLS!!!!
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Zilfer wrote:It does make me feel better. :D Glad to know i'm not the only one that knows too much and when I start talking some people's eyes will glaze over. xD
I would like to say the same, but when I begin talking all members of my family begin to "tune out". For anything. It is a pain especially when I am the one who has to read the instructions for any new game (anything with less than three hardcover books for rules is easy to process), then they have to listen to me explain them. They then glaze over and want to start before I fully explain. Then I use a more advanced (i.e. something that I didn't get to explain before) rule and everyone accuses me of "cheating".
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Lol can't win them all. *points to the rulebook* XD

Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Who could win? My wife was feeding answers to my sister-in-law (who "won", by the way) and my mother in law was the "impartial" arbitrator. Never had a chance...
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Somehow I still find a way to win. :P

Horror Save: (realizing it's been 3-4 years since you started DnD and your original level 8 rogue that's your highest level you haven't played in 2-3 years....)

HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

On Gender-Appropriate Behavior

Quick cast list review
VIEW CONTENT:
HMB: an HMB. Male.
LomboDot: HMB's girlfriend.
Lyra and Nadia: Same-sex female couple.
Alen and Alcibiades: Male friends.
Aze: slightly morose.
Morning

HMB: Time to buy me a dress and makeup for the costume!

LomboDot: Yay! I'm so excited to get you dressed up like a pretty girl!

HMB: Will two hours of shopping be long enough?

LomboDot: Yes, let's get you something graceful and classy!
* ~ * ~ *
Noon time

HMB: That was fun. I think wig shopping should be next.

LomboDot: Yes! Yay! I can just imagine you in a long haired wig and I'll get to do your hair!

HMB: Let's go! You be my stylist, okay?

LomboDot: Okay! ^_^
* ~ * ~ *
Afternoon time

HMB: Okay, we have the wig, we have the dress, and we have the make up. Can you come into the shower with me and help me shave my back?

LomboDot: Sure! Just make sure to turn up the water temperature so I don't freeze in the stall next to you.

HMB: Okay, and then once I'm all smooth and clean you can do the makeup.

LomboDot: Yay! I'll give you cat's corners and an elevated bridge and such full glossy lips! ^_^
* ~ * ~ *
Evening - at the Party

Alen: Woah, I thought you were a pair of women.

Alcibiades: You're making my man parts react in odd and perplexing ways.

Lyra: Ohai! Wanna hang out with me and Nadia, pretty lady?

Nadia: Wow, LomboDot, you did a really good job on his makeup. You went the same way I would have gone, with the cat's corners.

LomboDot: Oh, thank you so much! I liked working on this!

HMB: My face is but a mere canvas for LomboDot's artistic mastery.
* ~ * ~ *
Later that night

Alen: So LomboDot helped you pick out women's clothes and wig, then shaved your body, then helped you with your makeup so you look like a convincing chick.

HMB: Yeah, that's about the size of it.

Alen: Yeah, that's pretty remarkable.

HMB: I'm very lucky. LomboDot's pretty remarkable.

Lyra and Nadia: Hey, would you two kiss? That would be cool. :)

HMB: You're right. That would be pretty cool.

LomboDot: I will not.

HMB: Why not?

LomboDot: Because that is gay.

HMB: ... :shock:
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

^Wow..... *dead pan then face palm*

Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

I have been waiting for the breakdown of your Halloween. Worth it!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

On Professional Milestones

2013-05-16: Applied for job position on Craigslist.

2013-06-12: Phone interview.

2013-07-24: Second phone interview.

2013-08-21: In person interview.

2013-09-16: Job offer.

2013-09-23: First day at work.

2013-09-24: Colleagues notice Dvorak keyboard layout.

2013-10-15: Move out of the ghetto and into the hay clarse residential areas.

2013-11-29: Boss meets girlfriend.

2013-12-13: Desk fort completed from excess paperwork. Boss enters my office without realizing that I am actually present behind my desk.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Xmas presents

HDT came out to stay with me for a bit. Our father, LoudDad, also came over from Beijing.

When HDT got back home, his catsitter had hidden a number of plush My Little Pony toys around his house, including one hiding under his blanket. The cat was not particularly interested in the My Little Pony toys.

Aze also managed to outdo himself. He had this conversation with the lesbians.
Aze: Hey, Lyra. When you and Nadia are in bed, how do you decide who gets to be the top and who gets to be the bottom?
Lyra: Uh, we just go with whoever wants the position most.
Aze: Do you ask?
Lyra: Not really. We just know.
Aze: But maybe you could wear a hat to decide which one gets tops?
Nadia: You mean... like a top hat???
Aze: YES I MEAN LIKE A TOP HAT.
Lyra: TOP HATS!!!
Nadia: TOP HATS!!!
TL;DR - Aze got the lesbians top hats. They probably saw immediate use, because they are a well dressed and affluent bunch.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

On Unhelpful Opinions
LomboDot: I am sad.
HMB: Why?
LomboDot: My mom called from China. She's a mean person. She told me that my aunt thinks I'm not good enough to hang around with my cousins anymore and I should stay away.
HMB: That's really mean, of your aunt and also of your mom to even tell you. She should filter out that sort of stuff.
LomboDot: She just likes to cause trouble. I wish I had a nicer mom.
HMB: :(
LomboDot: :(
HMB: Look, think about it this way. You're over here and they're over there. So somebody in China thinks they're better than you. So what? They're 11,000 miles away, and that's plenty of room for everybody else to bow and admire the searing glory of their manifest achievements.
LomboDot: That's true.
HMB: You know, there comes a time when everybody has to exceed and transcend their teachers. Think about it. Your parents are accomplished people, but you have a Master's degree. So you've exceeded your mother's example. You left China and came to the other world. So you've exceeded your father's example.
LomboDot: Yeah! Yeah, that's right.
HMB: You're above the rumor-mongering and gossiping of bored attention-seekers. The noble soul does not mind that a stray dog barks at him in passing.
LomboDot: Oh, that's a really good way of putting it. She's always trying to stir things up with gossip. She loves that. It's what she does.
HMB:
LomboDot: I'm going to ignore her. Right now I can't deal with this. I have things to do.
HMB:
LomboDot: Anyway, tomorrow I'll do the job interview and I won't even think about her and her problems.
HMB:
LomboDot: Are you there?
HMB: Yes, I am. Sorry, I couldn't find any pants in the bedroom so I put on the light black blanket wrapped around my hips like a skirt and then I walked past the bathroom and saw myself in the mirror and couldn't help but think "DAT ASS JUST TOO FINE".
LomboDot: ...
HMB: ...
LomboDot: I can't really argue with that.
HMB: :D
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Obligatory Relationship Celebration Day

I'm not sure what to do for LomboDot this Valentine's. The last time I actually had an official girlfriend over ValDay was eight years ago, with CitiesOfGold, and she woke me up early to take her to Body Worlds 2 and look at dissected human corpses in formaldehyde.

The weird thing is, disgraced Communist party member Bo Xilai had a mistress working for Dalian television as an anchor, and she disappeared years ago. Rumor had it that Bo's wife, Gu Kailai, had her assassinerated and sold the body to Body Worlds 2, where it became one of the "in fetu" displays of a pregnant mother with child expectant. I may have seen what Bo Xilai saw, a few years before his downfall at the anonymous hands of the Party apparatus...

I think LomboDot just wants to go somewhere outdoors and play Frisbee for a few hours.
Zettaijin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zettaijin »

Allow me to hijack this thread for a few moments.

One of my 1st grade of JHS students here in Japan is particularly curious. He often enjoys picking my brain about certain topics, and he certainly has no taboos.

Here is a collection of some of his more interesting questions:

"Do you kill animals?"
"Do you kill humans?"
"Do you eat humans?"
"Do you eat human flesh?"
"Did you cook humans yesterday?"
"Have you killed Japanese children?"
"Are you killed by children every day?"
"Do you like cannibalism?"
"Have you ever seen a corpse?"

I answered yes to the last one and shocked him out of his socks.