New Pbp game , after the TouD!

Online roleplaying at the Café
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

tarlyn wrote:1st level 32 point buy. I am fair to any books you wish to use and of course it will be anything but 4th Ed. I 'd actually prefer 2nd edition but am open to 3,5 or even Pathfinder!

I would like to play a rogue from pathfinder. I will make a pc and mail it to you.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Perfect! And everyone else the same, please. Backgrounds would be nice as well, guys and gals. JMatyr I wouldn't mind your email address actually.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I've Thought about playing also . But to decide what to play I do need to know what characters(fighter,thieves,clerics etc.) are in the party for me to help balance it out if possible . Oh and would also want to play a character from Pathfinder Also . I was thinking a Elemental Blood Lined Sorcerer for my character .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

For me, it's someone along the lines of Bard/Rogue wanting to become a Duelist later. Probably coming from Mordent.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

For Thomas I am thinking about either Rogue (after his father) or Ranger (after his great uncle)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

What with the saves for the Bard . They are all wrong because you don't have the Base save for a bard of 7th level in there . They should be Fort +2,+5 Reflex,+5 Will .

Also as far I remember Cold Iron Weapons don't do less damage/hit penalty, that only goes for Alchemical Silver(only have -1 to damage) unless those are a different type of Cold Iron from the ones in the DMG .

Oh and as far I remember you have to specify a type Performance for Perform as their are alot different ones .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Skybolt is right- what's up with the saves, man? You'll be failing often and early, with those numbers. :wink: :twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

I would be willing to play, would the ravenloft character generator on pathguy be good for this?
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

RL pathguy pc gen is fine with me!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Any info on starting gold?
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Whatever the max is for your class is fine by me. Any items you wish to purchase please add an extra 20% to its price. This includes items from The Van Richten's Arsenal. I don't use spell points.

The game starts in Krezk Barovia as a little heads up.

House rules I am pretty flexible. We can talk about them. Any ideas or suggestions for them are welcome.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I think we are pretty complete as for pc's. I would like to have emails from those of you whom I don't already have, please.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

So if your pc is created from a book that isn't the RL PHB or the 3.5 PHB, I would like to know what book he or she is from and what page it is on!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Woot, I finished my character.

General info:

Name: Thomas R. Cante
lvl 1 Ranger

Thomas is a young attractive man of an average height and lean build. He has striking icy blue eyes which contract his dark jaw length dark hair.
He is most often dresses in a long traveling coat which is a faded deep blue, dark pants and knee high boots black leather boots. He often wears a tri-cornered hat.

Thomas is the product of two very different parents. His father, who was a very rebellious youth who at a young age stowed away aboard a ship and changed his name, always impressed upon his son the importance of ones freedom.
His Mother, A beautiful woman raised as a socialite who learned of her families careers in monster hunting, always taught the importance of order in society.
Due to the two conflicting natures, Thomas adopted the one shared trait between the two. Doing what was right.
Thomas Is a driven man who knows how dark the world can be. He is determined to do what he can to help people in most any given situation.

So far I haven't figured out the exact motivation for him to be in Krask, but I still have yet to read the QTR article. Perhaps that will shed some light on more of the characters personal motivations. We shall see.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

So I have 6 people interested by the looks of it. I have BBQD's pc already and Lord Skybolt is working on sending me his as well. Once I have everyone's pc's then I can begin with the first cutscene.

The name of the campaign is TouD: The Unexpected Return