Mists over the Musarde, Chapter Five

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Lissen. We been here long enough. That bitch is dead. Let git outta here an back home. I be leavin whether ye followin me or not. Lad, ye comin or not?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Alain says-

''Yes, I think that's a great idea- we don't need to be stuck here. Wat, there is plenty of room in the great village from which we come- your people will have shelter. Let's go now!''

With that, the blind man tugs on Wat's sleeve, prompting the rustic into motion.

Wat and Alain follow Norzak out of the Moot-Hall.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"Let us at least be waiting until the pyre has burnt itself out. Evie, she may be wanting Cirdan's remains."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

after waiting a little while...

The blazing funreal pyre out on the green lawn burns and burns...until nothing material remains of Cirdan Carnesir but ashes and blackened bones.

Wat, stifling his tears, passes silently by the heap of scorched timbers and still-glowing coals, guiding Alain towards the treeline.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak looks at Dorgio then to the dying pyre. "There's yer answer, bub." He stalks over to the pyre, removing a container from his pack. He scoops the hot burning ashes into the container with his gloved hand and stoppers it. Turning, he walks back to Dorgio and hands him the container. "Got his ashes. Let's git the hell out of here and back home."

He starts walking towards the road.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Outside the Moot-House

Norzak is joined by Wat, Alain, Ottokar, and Jon.

The sun is setting and the western skies are ablaze with the glory of its dying light.

In the last light of day, Benn and Dorgio see their companions tramping off into the unknown without them.

There is a commotion in the Moot-house. The doors open-
A couple of dozen men, women, and children exit the hall, all with packs on their backs.

''Wait for us, friends! We are coming with you!''

The folk hustle past Benn and Dorgio, moving to catch up with Norzak and his party.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

As they watch the others leaving, Bennedict turns to Dorgio.

"I did not trust to say anything in front of the others, but this need not be our last trip here if trouble comes out. I have the key to the portal we used to get here in the first place." He grimaces. "We can return, if we even make it back to Pont-au-Museau."

Once the fire burns down and the ashes are gathered, he hefts his pack.

"Come on, let's catch up to the others."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Benn and Dorgio are able to catch up with the larger party in the woods. Moving along an overgrown stone road the party leaves the lights and sounds of the Moot far behind. The night is balmy and pleasant, and your trip is accompanied by the soft hum of woodland life; the songs of night-birds, crickets, and frogs.

After marching perhaps five or six miles, the party enters a foggy section of woods. Now the men must light torches, for the thick fog hides the moon and stars.

A little further down the trail, and even the trees of the wood are lost to view; all one may see are the blazing torches and the hazy outlines of the other travelers. No creatures of the forest sing for you now- your footfalls and your voices alike are muffled and indistinct.

On and on the torchlight procession moves, deeper into the mists...

END OF CHAPTER FIVE