Realms of Dread, Chapter Five

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:
ewancummins wrote: ''You just made a bad mistake, big man.''

The forked one now rushes to Ironheart and moves to slice the barbarian's throat!
"Parleley, parlelellyleloooo, par le nee, partner, par... snip, parsley...

...Parley?!"
The words barely escape the big man's lips before the paralysis is complete.

The fellow with the fork sticking out of his leg is now enthusiasticaly sawing away at Ironheart's neck!

Lout gestures again, and Ironheart's world goes utterly black as blindness overtakes him.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lout speaks, Ironheart can hear that. Suddenly the big man feels a pain in his chest. His already paralyzed body grows weaker still..

-

Shana hunts through the fog, seeking Ironheart amid the chaotic aftermath of the raid. Guards and soldiers are everywhere, but of course none of them sees the sorceress as she moves among them.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

by the prison-wagon

Ironheart can smell the foul breath of Fork-leg, and can hear the man grunting as he fumbles at his butcher's work.

Lout's voice-

''Naw, that's not how it's done.''

SNICK- a sword scrapes on its scabbard as it's pulled free.

''Off with his head, just like he did to our buddy.''

CHOP

Ironheart feels the impact of the blade, and then, nothing...
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Back at the HQ, Blaise had been looking around for Jamethon, a curse on his lips. Something about the way Moorcroft had beckoned Ino didn't sound right. He's then distracted by the soldiers about to open fire on Inovidil. As the bolts strike her, he prepares to summon his magic but then ... he's somewhere else!
VAN wrote:Inovidil looks around and smiles.

"Hope you don't mind our not so classy escape Blaise! A man like you for sure isn't used to these methods, but I thought was necessary. We are at a small island, this building over there is The Drowning Flagon. Is the place where I met the illusionist earlier today. Don't think they will search us here and we can benefit of a free room to sleep and figure out what to do to help our friends. Better use different names there."
"Ino!" he says, hugging her. "Nicely done! But wait... the illusionist? Hmm, so does Threan or Glim know about this place? If so, we can't stay here. They're so blindly obedient to the authorities that they'll tell everything they suspect about where you've gone, simply because a superior will order them to."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

By the field HQ

Lying on the ground, Jamethon turns his face towards Alain and says-

''Damn that witch! Trusting her was a mistake. Shana has betrayed us again-you heard her words, Alain! ''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Maybe you are right Blaise. I trust the gnomes but yes might tell that we have visited this place earlier today. Do you know another inn? We will go there on foot though, I cannot cast another spell now. I need to rest properly to be able to do so."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"Don't worry," says Blaise. "You've done plenty. Fortunately, I made contigencies with Shana -- considering the people involved, something like this was bound to happen again."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

By the prison wagon-

Shana arrives to find a cluster of men gathered about the prison wagon Through the fog and smoke and pasty the half circle of men, Shana can see two bodies sprawled on the paving stones. One of the men, a balding fellow in a long overcoat, reaches down and picks something up from the ground- Ironheart's severed head.

''Crazy murderin' whoreson got what he had coming, boys. We just saved the city hangman a bit of work.''

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

After discussing their next moves with Inovidil, Blaise takes his friend to a quiet spot and says, "All right, Ino ... hold still for a few minutes. I'll try not to tickle you ... well, not TOO much that is." He opens up his makeup kit and begins altering her appearance and his.

When he's finished, he shows Ino her new appearance in his kit's small mirror. "I hate to modify your exquisite appearance, Ino, but alas, dire times call for dire measures. Now, let's get a drink -- just one, unfortunately -- and some food. We may not have much opportunity to eat well for a while, depending upon how things go." He follows her to the inn. "And when we're done, please lead the way to the harbor."

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

inside the Drowning Flagon-Blaise and Inovidil

This is the biggest dancehall, inn, and tavern in the whole city.
The morning crowd is small but lively. Banners depicting the dragon emblem of Cormyr hang from the four walls of the dancehall. Maids are busy scrubbing the floor. At the bar, a tall gray-haired man in fine clothing chats with one of the bartenders, while a couple of dwarves on tall chairs arm-wrestle over a mug of ale.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil looks at herself and nods satisfied.

"Great job indeed! Agree also with your food and drink idea."

Once inside Ino says in low voice:

"Better go to the 2nd floor, I have been here earlier and despite you did an amazing disguise job I don't want to risk any maid to see through it. We will get a table, order our drinks and meal and discuss about anything except of our situation. We don't know who might be at the next table."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

King's Tower, baronial dining hall

Lord Ildool is nervously playing with his food.

''Ah, well, yes, now that you mention it...I could use a new adviser. Your chosen manner of introduction was a bit...brusque, but I think we can chalk that up to a certain directness that's not altogether undesirable in an adviser, hey?''

After chewing and swallowing a deviled egg, he says-

''Now, as for the Wynnet woman, Delthrin's daughter, she's here at the Tower with her ward. She has requested an audience with me about her late father's estate, you see. Ah, would you like to speak with her? ''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Threan surrenders with the others to find out what's going on and so gives up his Kukri only . "I'll want that back so take good care it for me ."
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Threan surrenders with the others to find out what going on and so gives up his Kukri only . "I'll want that back so take good care it for me ."
One of the men takes the knife.

''Sure, no problem, Master Threan.''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"So where is my brother any way, because I'm worried about him ." Threan's asks about his brother of the officer .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .