Realms of Dread, Chapter Five

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon, seeing his duty, goes about the business of rounding up the team. He tells them all the essentially the same thing:

'We are needed over by the field HQ. Messengers have arrived for us from the King's Tower. Report at once to Lieutenant Guischard.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana will finish her conversation with the Dawnbringer and, unless something dramaatic comes of that, will head over to the field HQ, where she will wait, a little distance from the HQ but within hearing distance.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Threan follows Ironheart in to help in interrogating the prisoners .
Ironheart takes a grotesquely looking fork out of his bagpack.

"Well, you try first. Then, if they are unwilling, I can try."

And louder:

"The legends of my people tell that hunting dogs who are fed with male testicles are the best. I just bought a dog.
- Do you talk right away, or shall find out together if the legends are true?"
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

ewancummins wrote:'We are needed over by the field HQ. Messengers have arrived for us from the King's Tower. Report at once to Lieutenant Guischard.''
"Lieutenant...? OHHH, you mean Alain! Why didn't you just say so?" says Blaise after Moorcroft finds him. He moves forward to listen, and he chooses a spot to stand at the back of the gathering.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:
ewancummins wrote:'We are needed over by the field HQ. Messengers have arrived for us from the King's Tower. Report at once to Lieutenant Guischard.''
"Lieutenant...? OHHH, you mean Alain! Why didn't you just say so?" says Blaise after Moorcroft finds him. He moves forward to listen, and he chooses a spot to stand at the back of the gathering.

Jamethon does not laugh at what he considers to be yet another of Blaise's pathetic little jokes.

To Alain he says:

''Lieutenant, sir, the team has been informed. I expect them all here in a matter of minutes.''
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:
Lord Skybolt wrote:Threan follows Ironheart in to help in interrogating the prisoners .
Ironheart takes a grotesquely looking fork out of his bagpack.

"Well, you try first. Then, if they are unwilling, I can try."

And louder:

"The legends of my people tell that hunting dogs who are fed with male testicles are the best. I just bought a dog.
- Do you talk right away, or shall find out together if the legends are true?"
''We'll tell you everything! Don't fork us!''

The men confess to burning Morningmist Hall and killing the clerics there. They claim that Vakros was their leader, and that he is now dead. The new leader is Narissa Jihb, AKA Breana. She is a renegade priestess of Lathander, according to temple scuttlebutt. She is also not present here or inside the Fane. Apparently, she left this morning, headed for the King's Tower.

Not long after this confession has been obtained, and Jamethon has informed both Ironheart and Threan that they are to report to field HQ[ by the big wagon], a group of Lord Ildool's greenjacketed private guards approaches and waves a document at Ironheart.

''Thank you very much. These prisoners are ours now. You may carry on.''
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil cannot help her smile at Blaise comment! Then follows him at the HQ standing in hear shot but at the back of the group.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Seeing Ino timidly hanging back, Jamethon calls to her-

''Ino, why are you way back there with Shana? Show some pride, come on up front and stand with your team! We've done a harsh but necessary thing this morning- it's nothing of which to be ashamed.''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"We have gotten what we needed from them . Please take them away . "With that he goes to see what the rest of the team are up to .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

vicinity of field HQ

At that moment, the trap is sprung. Ten green-jacketed guardsmen with loaded crossbows emerge from the fog and take aim at Threan, Ino, Blaise, Alain, Shana, and Jamethon.

''Down on your faces, traitors- or we'll bolt you good an' proper! No magic, or we'll shoot!''

The half dozen Purple Dragon knights on scene draw their swords and move to encircle the party!

The knight-commander says, in a calm and civil tone-

''You are all under arrest by order of the Baron. Lay down your weapons and do not offer resistance, and I will see to it that you are not harmed or treated with indignity.''

In the ruins-

Glim becomes aware of the soldiers as they draw near, but doesn't bother looking up from the fascinating crystal shards until he hears the unexpected snick of cold steel sliding out of their scabbards. Five swordsmen, all more than twice his size.

''Hi, what can I do for you fellows?''
One of the grim-faced soldiers answers-

''Forgive us, but we've been ordered to arrest you, Master Glim. Just come along quietly, please. Must be some kind of foul-up at the citadel, wrong name on a list...orders are orders, though.''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the gaol-wagon

Ironheart hears a clink of manacles in the fog before he sees the two men carrying the chains. With these newcomers is a balding, paunchy man with a thick neck and hair growing from his ears. The loutish looking fellow wears a heavy coat with pockets big enough to hide a crossbow. His hands are not in view.

Standing back behind the chain-bearers, Lout says, in a deep voice-

''Big man, you're unner arrest! You wan' a whuppin', just act up.''

Le Noir Faineant

ewancummins wrote:the gaol-wagon

Ironheart hears a clink of manacles in the fog before he sees the two men carrying the chains. With these newcomers is a balding, paunchy man with a thick neck and hair growing from his ears. The loutish looking fellow wears a heavy coat with pockets big enough to hide a crossbow. His hands are not in view.

Ironheart looks to Threan, and raises the fork, a questioning look in his eyes...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:
ewancummins wrote:the gaol-wagon

Ironheart looks to Threan, and raises the fork, a questioning look in his eyes...
Threan, quick footed as he is, has already slipped off to join the others. Ironheart is alone with the city-men when they tell him that he is 'unner arrest.'

Le Noir Faineant

:D Ewan, you're a meanie!!!

Ironheart's inner monologue:

"Relax. Relax. Don't kill them right away. Say... Something smart."

Ironheart's response:

"You might want to accompany me for a moment, then. My law attorney is but a moment away."

"Phew. I am so S-M-R-T."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote::D Ewan, you're a meanie!!!

"Relax. Relax. Don't kill them right away. Say... Something smart."

Ironheart's response:

"You might want to accompany me for a moment, then. My law attorney is but a moment away."

"Phew. I am so S-M-R-T."
Lout answers-

''Naw, you'll come with us. This isn't Sembia- you don't get a lawyer in Cormyr- no one does.''