Back to Basics Chapter 1: Where are we ?

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Yes, I heard a weeping as well...to be quite honest I have been rather caught up in the moment and let it slip my mind. Let us have a look."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara greets Alia with a smile and tries hardly to not laugh with her strange appearance. She has never seen anyone dressing like that. But on the other hand she hasn't ever met anyone outside of Pont a Musu...

"Seem both of you are from the same land, am I right? Have you ever heard Richmulot or Pont a Musu Alia? This is the name of my homeland."

When they say about the village Sara nods.

"I have heard women sobbing, I was actually going there when I bumped into the Professor. Lets go there, we might need to assist them and also find out where the mists got us."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Reechmulot? I... havent heard the name, no ma'am. Still, it is an honour to be in the presence of so redoubtable a swashbuckler from this doubtless gallant and beautiful realm!"

She follows the pair towards the village, looking around with interest
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

When Alia, Sara and Huln go into the village they find that all of the women are spread out in about half the fishing shacks with at least one or two women seeming to console one or two other women that are crying on their shoulders . This scene is played out through out the village . As the trio go through the village they notice a lack children and and it looks as if there are no men or teenage boys present(perhaps gone fishing at first light).
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara looks around and frowns.

"I don't like this. Better talk to one of the women, maybe we can help."

She walks towards one of the non crying women and asks with softly voice:

"Hello, what happened here? Is there anything we can do for you and the other women?"

The question where they were was larking in Sara's mind, but thought was better ask what happened first and then ask their questions.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

An older grandmotherly woman answers :"All the younger children were taken by things ." If pressed for details she describes: small primate like creatures, but they did not get a good look at them as the raid happened about 30 minutes before sun up and about a half hour after their fishing "fleet" went for that days catch and will not be back for several hours .
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Where did they go? And how did these creature look like, I know you haven't seen them well, but any description might be good. Maybe we can manage to catch them up and save the children."

She looks at the others:

"Are you with me?"

Biting her downlip asks:

"Pardon me, but all of us are lost, mists got us here, may you tell us where are we? Which land and what is the name of the village?"
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

on the beach trail

Dalorna walks along the trail towards the village, chatting with Arnulf and Isidar.

''Don't worry, Arnulf, I don't think the gnomes will mind about a late delivery. They'll just be glad to see us home safe, as will all our family and friends. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Alia blinks and looks a little uncertainly at Sara

well, of course we can't just leave children in trouble... but I'm not sure how much help I'll be. I guess I could sing some rousing ballads to boost your spirits... my tutor said I had talent that way... and I think master Humbert had a crossbow on his mule
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Huln's sympathetic face turns to Sara and Alia. He gestures with a tilt of his head for the two women to come stand a short ways away from the troubled women of the village. In discreet tones he says;

"Ms. Croft, I am far too old to be out adventuring and hunting monsters. I can lend aid in the form of tending to the wounded. I am quite an accomplished healer and have studied the aspects of the divine quite thoroughly as well. Perhaps any children who require treatment may be brought to me. In case you have not realized..."He says gesturing to his walking cane,"I don't quite get around like I used to."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara looks both of them slightly disappointed.

"Well, I cannot stay here while little children are kidnapped from strange creatures. You can ride my horse if you want Professor and you Alia, I'm sure a little boost will be great. I'm not very good in close combat, I'm better in hiding and then attack from distance with my guns."
- W H A T ! ? !
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

While the trio are questioning the women Dalorna and company arrive in the village .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dalorna enters the village. She looks about, noting the sad looks on the faces of the local women.

To Isidar and Arnulf, she whispers-

''Something is definitely not right in this village. Look at the women, they seem really upset...I wonder if there's been some kind of trouble? ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Roofdrak
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Roofdrak »

Isidar casually puts her hand on the hilt of her hammer. "Maybe it is more magic. I see there are no children or men around. I fear something evil has taken place. We should ask them if they need help." She looks at Arnulf and quietly says, "And we should remain calm. They seem to be suffering already and do not need to be frightened."
RuthRogan, RuthRogan, she's as strong as a fightin' man!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

As this trio(Isidar and company) find out the same things from the other women in town that the previous trio found out; just from different groups of women . That the young children and babes were stolen about 30 minutes before sun up(30 minutes after the fishermen of the village left) and the culprits seemed to act like small primates as they seemed to drag their arms on the ground as they ran away with their prizes . Eventually they will meet the other trio when going about this .