HBO's Carnivale

Books, movies, television and everything else
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

HBO's Carnivale

Post by steveflam »

Have any of you watched both seasons? I just finished watching the first season and found it quite good! Is the second season worth watching?

I have to admit that they do a very good job of showing the 1930's ;)

If there is a thread for this elsewhere, kindly lead the way!
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Look on the Gothic Earth board, second page, about half-way down. Last post was Feb 2006.

I only saw the first season myself, but I did like it.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thanks Jim!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Received both seasons from my wife as a Christmas present a couple years ago. I would say that both seasons are well worth the time to watch.

Just as a warning, however, the second season definitely ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. Pretty cool but also fairly sad (since they never picked it back up for another season).
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:Received both seasons from my wife as a Christmas present a couple years ago. I would say that both seasons are well worth the time to watch.

Just as a warning, however, the second season definitely ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. Pretty cool but also fairly sad (since they never picked it back up for another season).
Like many HBO good shows, they get cancelled because of $$$!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

My girlfriend and I watched both seasons of this show about a year ago and became increasingly enthralled with each episode we watched.
It was very disappointing to find the show was canceled after the second season. Sadly enough I will be setting myself up for the same disappointment when I finally sit myself down to watch Deadwood.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:My girlfriend and I watched both seasons of this show about a year ago and became increasingly enthralled with each episode we watched.
It was very disappointing to find the show was canceled after the second season. Sadly enough I will be setting myself up for the same disappointment when I finally sit myself down to watch Deadwood.
I haven't watched Deadwood, but I hear that there is a lot of swearing in it.
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

This was an excellent show. Yes, Deadwood does have a lot of swearing in it, but it is done to keep in time with the people who were part of those early days of the Dakota territories...
Please visit [url]http://www.gofundme.com/serenem[/url]
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

tarlyn wrote:I haven't watched Deadwood, but I hear that there is a lot of swearing in it.
ROFL!

Yeah, I saw the first three episodes a while back and yes, the swearing is epic. lol. If that's a turn-off for you I wouldn't recommend it to you. On the other hand, if brilliant character writing and performance are your thing, what I saw was ripe with it.
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

Deadwood's language becomes comical at some points with the amount of swearing. Let's not even get started on Spartacus
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

Spartacus doesn't have half the swearing Deadwood did. Also the swearing in Spartacus is wicked creative LOL.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Spartacus has Xena.

I WIN THREAD.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Havn't actually seen Spartacus yet, but will prob netflix it whenever it comes out on dvd. I unfortunately do not have cable.
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

It's a real good show. I actually signed up for Starz play just so I could watch it after letting my cable go (was just to damn expensive). Not only do you get Spartacus with Starz play, but there are some other good movies you can watch too.

Wonder if HBO (or was it Showtime?) has something similar so I can rewatch Carnivale. Talking about it has me jonesing.