The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 4

Online roleplaying at the Café
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl leaves to see if Goran is awake . On finding that he is already up and about, he goes to see to his gear after giving the instructions that Roderigo gave him to Tristan . He makes sure his armor and weapons are in perfect shape for the Party .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran stands at the wide mouth of the stables. He speaks in a low monotonous tone to the Champion and the Houndsman. "So I take it the tunnels are to wait."

Goran finishes chewing the last bit of the root he had in hand and swallows it hard. The bland root leaves a starchy film in his maw. "Today is going to be rather long and arduous."

The woodsman drops his pack and approaches the aggitated beast with a cool manner. (1) "You'll run soon enough my friend." While running his hand down the animal's jowl, he postures to Julian, "Who is to ride this newly aquired stud?"

(1) Handle Animal check to sooth the nerves of the young horse. result 9 + 4 (13)
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian nods to his cousin as he enters the Stables, he finishes securing his horse's barding and saddles.

"Yes we must return to the crypt to get the ring from Great Aunt Luisa's hand. I believe that is the key which will safely unlock that chest."

He grabs the reigns of his horse and starts to walk him out. Stopping by his cousin he thinks for a moment.

"Why don't you ride him cousin."
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan does another inspection of water, fodder, weapons,etc for the short trip. Satisified that he's packed correctly, the young man leads out his own favorite horse, a thin but tough chestnut mare. He feeds her a sliced up apple while waiting for the journey to begin.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran unties the reigns of the already prepared steed. "Gladly, he looks so full of life. A welcome contrast to the past few days. Although, are you sure you or Tahl don't need the extra strength to carry the weight of your armor?"

The ranger leads the horse out the main door of the stable to the fresh morning air.
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

PathOfDreams wrote:Goran unties the reigns of the already prepared steed. "Gladly, he looks so full of life. A welcome contrast to the past few days. Although, are you sure you or Tahl don't need the extra strength to carry the weight of your armor?"

The ranger leads the horse out the main door of the stable to the fresh morning air.
Julian shakes his head and chuckles. " No cousin, my steed is more then capable of carrying my weight even while armored. He has been a faithful companion on my travels, as brave as any man."
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After Tahl has seen to his Weapons and armor he heads out to meet with the rest of the group to go back to the Crypt .
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

"So be it Julian," the ranger replies to the champion with half a smirk forming across his mug, "I think this steed doesn't like you anyway."

Goran grabs a few hairs of the horse's mane and gives them a slight tug to make the horse gesture and grunt. "You see Julian, he says although he is a beast of burden, you sting his nose with your stench."A small chuckle follows.

The steed holds well as Goran double checks the rigging and ties his own pack to the saddle. He slides professionally into the saddle and uses the reigns to gesture the horse while drafting around the yard outside the stables. "He's a great mount, I suppose he'll soon require a name."
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan remarks to Tahl-

''I'm anxious to be on our way to the crypt. Even though we haven't set here long, waiting a few minutes more feels like being held up for more than a week! I can't shake this spooky feeling that dark and evil powers have been trying to hold us back, keep us stuck. You got that feeling, too, Tahl?'' ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Yes my friend it seems that the powers of evil seem top not want us to go to the crypt to get the key . I wonder why that is . " Tahl answers Tristans comment about being held back for some reason that the gods only know .
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

"Has any of you seen or heard from that stunted half-thing who calls himself Tuke, whatever kind of moniker that is?"

Goran drops his head for a moment while atop his steed. His face sours, "I am worried about tonights events," he speaks generally, "My sister is definately up to something with that despicable Enzo. And who knows how Lord Dilysnia plays into all this."
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian mounts his horse and circles it around towards the gate. "Where is Sebastian? I would have liked to have been on the road by now."

Turning his head Julian looks at his cousin " While that is indeed worrisome, we have enough to worry about already Goran. Let us focus on what we can deal with now, that being the undead infestation in the tunnels below the manor."
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Walking out to the stable just in time to catch his older brother's last couple of sentences.
"My Apologies Julian, Uncle Rodrigo was talking to me. I think he may have wanted to talk to you and Goran before we left."

Looking at the saddled horses with visible discomfort, he continues.
"By the way Julian, I hope you realize that I was never much of a rider, I dare say I would be willing to bet Agna is a better rider than I am.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian chuckles "Well good thing we won't be going far, did it sound urgent or do you think it can wait until we return, I wouldn't to delay this trip any longer."
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"I think that he wanted to discuss the tunnels with you and Goran. He also mentioned that grandfather Saverio is coming and may arrive tonight"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.