Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Incpector of supernatural?

Post by Paladyn »

Hello Everybody!
Been this weekend in theatre
. I wanted to see "The Wolfman" but it turned out screening begin next week, so I went to see "Avatar". As you can expect, there were trailers before it and one of them was "Wolfman". I catched one detail, that eluded my attention before: name of Hugo Weaving's character. It is inspector Frederric "Francis" Abberline.

Now, it was something familiar to me, but in a creepy way. So I chcked if my suspicions were true and, they proved to be right. Yes, it was the same inspector that lead investigation in infamous Jack the Ripper case.

So, how do you think, has he become an expert of superantural cases? Perhaps he has seen a glimpse of truth, how the Red Death corrupts and what really are her servants? Perhaps he was introduced to some kind of cabal, or his ill-fated encounters with Freemasons made him a lone... ekhm... wolf?

By the way, I loved Avatar and had tears in my eyes on several ocassions. Seems i'm not only getting old but soft as well. :)
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

That was him alright - they made specific mention to his involvement in the Ripper case during the movie. Sadly, it didn't really come up.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Just a name-drop, really. Although it did help to date the film's period.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow