GOLSTADT

Discussing all roleplaying games
Lovecraftforever
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

GOLSTADT

Post by Lovecraftforever »

Check out my campaign world GOLSTADT

Fantasy! Horror! Science-Fiction! All in a setting not unlike the Victorian age of our world!

Mad scientists. Vampires. Evil cults. Mysteries. Conspiracies. Steam powered trains and flying machines. Magic side by side with science. Doomsday weapons. The political intrigue of THE REPUBLIC. And the ever growing threat of The Invaders From Beyond.

This isn't your daddies RPG universe!

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=510566

Please check it out and post your opinions, even if you hate it. I need some criticism.

PS: This setting is perfect for running a Ravenloft campaign!

PSS: this is a work in progress.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
Lovecraftforever
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

I could really use some feedback guys. Even negative feedback.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

• I like the high dwarves. It's nice to see a fresh take on a heavily calcified race.
    The Sea-folk seem nifty. Maybe like the Beysib from Thieves World, maybe a touch of HPLs Deep One hybrids...
    Reducing the numbers and importance of elves....me likey! I'm not a huge elf fan, and I think the race is over-exposed in many settings.
    Steamtech and guns, 'nuff said.

Dislikes/needs more work:
Golstadtians have no history, culture, or traditions? I don't get that. Americans are a mixed bag, a 'nation of immigrants', and no one would seriously claim we haven't got our own culture, history ,homeland, etc. Instead of making Golstadtians flavorless 'generic humans', maybe you should try developing a culture and history that reflects the rich mixture of ethnic groups, faiths, languages,etc that can be found in their region/city. That's my suggestion, anyway,
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lovecraftforever
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

ewancummins wrote:Likes:
  • I like the high dwarves. It's nice to see a fresh take on a heavily calcified race.
    The Sea-folk seem nifty. Maybe like the Beysib from Thieves World, maybe a touch of HPLs Deep One hybrids...
    Reducing the numbers and importance of elves....me likey! I'm not a huge elf fan, and I think the race is over-exposed in many settings.
    Steamtech and guns, 'nuff said.

Dislikes/needs more work:
Golstadtians have no history, culture, or traditions? I don't get that. Americans are a mixed bag, a 'nation of immigrants', and no one would seriously claim we haven't got our own culture, history ,homeland, etc. Instead of making Golstadtians flavorless 'generic humans', maybe you should try developing a culture and history that reflects the rich mixture of ethnic groups, faiths, languages,etc that can be found in their region/city. That's my suggestion, anyway,
Thanks for the input. I'm actually starting over and the first thing I'm working on is the history of the world.