A stitch in Souragne - OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A stitch in Souragne - OOC

Post by steveflam »

Thanks for the offer. I will have to decline. Good Luck with your new game, however.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Sad that you are not going to join but I will still see you in our other game Tarlyn!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Yeah, I'm interested, especially if (as you describe) the posting frequency won't be too rigorous. (My schedule is not as open as it was when I first entered Souragne!)

I created a 1st level sorcerer for a friend's campaign that never took off. He's human, Tian ancestry, with the Oni bloodline. Although he's from the Dragon Empires, he's left that region to seek adventure and to track down the evil oni who tainted his bloodline decades ago; that path has led him here.

If that's OK with you, Rock, I'll modify the file on Hero Lab and send it to you.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

@Tarlyn: Sorry to hear it... We'll meet again in future games, though, I'm sure.

@Ken: That's fine and dandy with me. ^^

@ AG Thing & Ken: Just introduce your character concepts in the recruitment post. You can make character profiles at the paizo forum if you don't already have them.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Hey Rock,

hi there. I'm not familiar with Pathfinder rules. How much would I have to read to be able to play in the game? I think I'd love to give it a try.

Is that the same setting of the Fighting Fantasy books, with Yaztromo, Stonebridge, Firetop Mountain and so on?
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

While you still might want to hear from Rock, I can tell you that Pathfinder is an upgraded 3.5 system.

It has an online resource you might want to check out. This will give you most of what you need to play the game!

Link
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Many things have been expanded, altered or streamlined but the rules are fundamentally the same as 3.5 for the most part.
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Thanks Dani, I did know that, but apparently there's also a setting, and I don't know how much I have to read about it.

Anyway, I will read the basic rules and then hope to be surprised by what comes. I've been playing with AD&D 1st rules for 5 years without having ever read them, so it can not be worse than that =p

By the way, I have joined the forums, with the name of which "ail" was originally a short version :)
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

I'm on there as well, under my real name (shocking!) Ken Hart.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Good to know your there! Considering I am still A G Thing there, I think you won't have too much trouble finding me!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, all three of you. :) I hope we'll have fun together!
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Rock, I'll probably reuse a concept I had for a campaign of Steve that didn't quite take off. Although, I believe, we were higher level there.
It's some kind of rogue/swashbuckler.

Is heraldry important in your setting? I was thinking of making him a heraldry expert, just because :p
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Heraldry... can prove to be useful. Knowledge (nobility) and Knowledge (religion) would certainly not be wasted. ;)
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The game has begun. All players, REPORT! ;) ... and let's have fun!

Ail, if you still want to join in, please hurry and pitch me a character! ^^;
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Hi Rock,

yes, I'd like to. Anyway, if you could just answer my question regarding the setting, I'd appreciate. Does this have anything to do with the Fighting Fantasy books?

My concept is like this:

Robert de Vallois is an issue of a noble family, who took the normal road as page and then squire hoping to become a knight. But he failed before reaching the last stage. Understanding that he was not really cut for a knight's life, and that he was not really cutout for the commitments of a noble knight, he eventually dropped out and sought to the thrive in the city's life, among women, poets and cut-throats. His martial training still served him well in the first times, but he's not clear what path he'll follow next.

In game mechanics, I'm looking at a sort of swashbuckler. A bard, without being a bard. But I have not yet decided on the class and whether I will multi-class.

We start at level 1, right? I feel I want to go rogue, or rogue-fighter, but give me one day to study the classes, please.

By the way, I'm aileigc on Paizo's forums, and my avatar is Durkon, from The Order of the Stick.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Yes, I recognized you. ^^;

I sent you a pm on the paizo forum with links to some useful background info on the countries involved, and a website that should be very useful in character creation.
The setting has quite little to do with Fighting Fantasy, more's the pity, but I did draw the AP from there.

When deciding on your character, please have a look at the other people already selected, and be warned that a Conjuror will be joining us as well.

Happy gaming!