The Devil's Dreams OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Devil's Dreams OOC

Post by Adam »

ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:How long did Thom know what was going on?
How did he control the rats?
What did you have against Laurie Weathermay?
Did we level up?
Does this look infected to you?

Thom figured 'it' out only at the end...
VIEW CONTENT:
when he looked at the sketch and the lock of hair in the chest in Theophile's lair. Then it all made sense to him. He snatched the letter to protect Gauderic's privacy- he was only guessing at the contents. He guessed well. Thom never even read the letter- he stopped at the 'dearest Gauderic. It's very impolite to read other folks' mail, you know.

The ''demons'' handled the rats for Theophile. :azalin:

Laurie? Nothing. Heed the words of Bargle the Infamous:
WE ALL TAKE OUR CHANCES, HERE IN THE DUNGEON.

Hmmm.....yeah, all surviving PCs in the main group (not Tarlyn's newest PC, who wasn't in the adventure- but he's getting another reward) level up.

Yes, get that looked at. Could be fungal....
I guess what I'm getting at is, was there something we did wrong that got her killed? It just seemed kind of arbitrary since we never met up with them when we headed to the cellar and she died off camera?
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Laurie and Gennie were just a few minutes behind your group. They went downstream, where you went upstream. They ran into serious trouble.
Laurie died trying to bust loose.

The only thing you guys did 'wrong' (if you want to think of things in those terms) was not going back down to look for them sooner.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Ah Aleena and Bargle :-)
I like her second picture more, when she is carried by a man (I presume she is killed then)

Man, can we do a PbP of those classic D&D games? *lol*

I once grew so desperate to try them out I played them against myself, so to say. Made 6 or so characters and tried to play them the best I could. Not much role-play, crucial decisions were taken by dice... not much fun, either :-(
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

ewancummins wrote:Laurie and Gennie were just a few minutes behind your group. They went downstream, where you went upstream. They ran into serious trouble.
Laurie died trying to bust loose.

The only thing you guys did 'wrong' (if you want to think of things in those terms) was not going back down to look for them sooner.
Yep, I actually suspected that. But I guess no one believed they were down there at that time. I was reading from the sidelines at the time, btw, so this is not a criticism.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Great game!

-=-=-=-=-

After all the business at the Estate is sorted out, Dorgio will return to his home in Pont's Gundarakite District. His mood is dour after burying Karim, Laurie, and Dofur, but the knowledge that their murders have been avenged gives him some small comfort.

He'll keep in close contact with Benn and Thom, and I'd imagine he'd keep in touch with Eustace too, since they probably have a lot of theology to discuss. He'll also try to get in contact with Everline to see if her odd compulsions remain once they return to Pont.

In the time that passes he tries his hand at being more of a traditional priest, devoting himself to the day-to-day intricacies of dealing with those in Pont who worship the Morninglord. In a way, he finds the routine comforting, welcome break from the chaos that has been his world for nearly a decade. But even as he tends to his flock, he can feel a burning in the back of his mind and an itch in the scar on his hand. The Weasel is still out there, somewhere...
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ail wrote: Yep, I actually suspected that. But I guess no one believed they were down there at that time. I was reading from the sidelines at the time, btw, so this is not a criticism.

My thought process was something like, "Surely Ewan wouldn't put us through a meat grinder, kill a PC, and then expect us to go right back into that heat, right? But that was when I was months younger, and much more naive.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

But even as he tends to his flock, he can feel a burning in the back of his mind and an itch in the scar on his hand. The Weasel is still out there, somewhere...
Jonathan Maytr haunts yo dreams!
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I had a feeling you'd say that! What can I say? Failed horror checks stick with Dorgio.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

After the trouble is sorted, and everyone is healed, Eustace will go on with his trip to visit some notable libraries in the Western Core. He is pretty much master of his time, so he can spend some with Dorgio to know him and the Morninglord better. He will probably be studying a lot about his new prayers to better use them in time of danger.

He will try to get up to date with the previous story of the party since he has been intrigued by it. In the meantime, he will support himself by revealing himself as a skilled illuminator and providing his craft to nobles and rich merchants.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote: Yep, I actually suspected that. But I guess no one believed they were down there at that time. I was reading from the sidelines at the time, btw, so this is not a criticism.

Right, they just thought something else was going on. That happens.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:

My thought process was something like, "Surely Ewan wouldn't put us through a meat grinder, kill a PC, and then expect us to go right back into that heat, right? But that was when I was months younger, and much more naive.
I ask myself What would Martin Do?

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Is anybody else watching Game of Thrones? It's really, really faithful to the books.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Is anybody else watching Game of Thrones? It's really, really faithful to the books.
Besides the lesbo brothel scene with Littlefinger...which was clumsy and probably unnecssary, IMO.

Overall, excellent!

It has great casting.

My fave character in the books is also my fave on the show.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

ewancummins wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Is anybody else watching Game of Thrones? It's really, really faithful to the books.
Besides the lesbo brothel scene with Littlefinger...which was clumsy and probably unnecssary, IMO.

Overall, excellent!

It has great casting.

My fave character in the books is also my fave on the show.
That was pretty obviously the "we've put this show on HBO so there must be tits every episode" moment. Other than losing my gf to Khal Drogo I've enjoyed the show very much.

As for Benn, he'll likely return to his family in Pont. However, the trauma of what's occurred will likely add an element of strain to his and Charlotte's relationship. He'll dedicate himself for a time to studying threats from the natural world, realizing how woefully unprepared he was for the fungus and lycanthropes before that. He keeps long hours, trying all that he can to stay awake and avoid the dreams he knows is waiting for him there. He investigates occult occurrences that he hears of. If Dorgio resumes his night hunts at any point, he joins him. He contracts with the local watch as a private investigator. He travels. He does basically all that he can to avoid going home at nights, and the question becomes how long Charlotte will tolerate what likely appears to be his ignoring her in favor of his investigations.

The real tragedy of the game, of course, is that all the trouble prevented his being allowed to present his new invention to all of the scholars at the conference.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:The real tragedy of the game, of course, is that all the trouble prevented his being allowed to present his new invention to all of the scholars at the conference.
Indeed!