The Devil's Dreams OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Devil's Dreams OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I think the indication was that Thom gave it to Dorgio. Is Dorgio hiding it too?
No he's not hiding anything... Let me doublecheck...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Pulling out the sketch and the lock hair, Thom walks over to Dorgio and hands them over. "I am fairly certain that Theophile is Gauderic's father and now the boy is either chasing after him or going back to the manor to kill Ferenc himself. I just hope this delay Alain has caused me doesn't cost the young lord his life." He says.
Right, I see it. I'll pull up a description of the sketch. Wait one...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

PLEASE READ THIS POST

The scene has advanced.

Let's avoid flashbacks and focus on the action at hand.
Read my IC update/scene shift before posing IC, please.

Gimme those actions, guys. Place rolls in OOC.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Attack Roll.. 1d20+2=22

Natural 20! Can I critical and possibly sneak attack Theophile?
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

"Where's Gauderic?" He asks looking around for the young nobleman. Hoping Zandor's music provide him with a suitable enough distraction Thom advances on Theophile pulling a dagger out as he moves. Once he is close enough he sticks Theophile with his dagger.

The move and attack do not happen until others get a chance to post. Also, give me an initiative roll. Someone may go ahead of Thom, or interrupt his action.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Init (1d20+1=17)

That's cool, also Thom is only using a regular dagger not any of his cold iron or his silver weapons.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:"Gentleman!" Zandor yells. "A quick song for the dying?"

Zandor begins to play his fiddle, trying to fascinate the two men with his tune.
CLASSIC LINE!
:azalin: :azalin: :azalin:

You like playing a bard, don't you?

Give me an initiative roll, too, please.

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

dammit mike! a drawn weapon will break my fascinate!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3064724/ 11
Last edited by JMaytr on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Init (1d20+1=17)

That's cool, also Thom is only using a regular dagger not any of his cold iron or his silver weapons.

Kewl beans

You might want to edit your IC post to read:
''Thom moves towards Theo with his dagger concealed behind his back'' or something like that.

That way, people reading it don't get confused and think it's too late to interrupt/take other actions. This is not negative critcism. I'm just trying to be fair and fun, pacing this scene so that PCs don't get left out.

Thanks.

:D

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:dammit mike! a drawn weapon will break my fascinate!

Indeed, it will.

That's why I want to go initiative order.

If Mike is trying for a sneak attack, then I assume Thom is doing something like:

A) Low crawling through the grass

B) hiding his weapon behind his back and hoping Theo doesn't catch on

B) going the long way round with move silent and hide rolls

It's night, but the moon and stars are out and concealment is limited.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

He is hoping Theo doesn't catch on... I adjust my post to reflect that. I can roll my bluff too if you would like. Maybe Sleight of hand too?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:He is hoping Theo doesn't catch on... I adjust my post to reflect that. I can roll my bluff too if you would like. Maybe Sleight of hand too?

Sure.

I suggest that you edit so that the post describes only what Thom begins to do. He gets his knife ready and hidden, and moves twoards Theo....
I will handle the actual closing in and attacking part once I have posts from other players, declared actions, and rolls. Does that make sense?

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Roger. Skill rolls incoming.

Bluff score Bluff Check (1d20+9=29)

sleight of hand 1d20+3=23

Umm.. I think all my next rolls will result in the immediate demise of Thom lol.
Last edited by RocEter on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Once he is close enough he sticks Theophile with his dagger.
This is intent.

The other PC don't know this, so I'd probably keep it OOC. That's my advice, anyway.

EDIT- I see that you edited. Thanks. I'm trying to keep the pacing and init count right for this scene. Very important.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Roger. Skill rolls incoming.

Kewl beans.