The Devil's Dreams OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Devil's Dreams OOC

Post by ewancummins »

The Devil's Dreams is the sequel to my previous campaign, Mists over the Musarde.

Rules and policies:

important note:
Rule Zero is always in effect. I reserve the right to adjudicate and modify both game rules and metagame policies as I see fit. :azalin:

Maximum limit on players is 8. Minimum is one. The rule is one PC per player.

Roster of active players-
  • Adam
    BrockMarshRunoff
    RocEtr
    JMatyr
    Rock
    Ail
    Tarlyn

Waiting list-
  • Ken
    Rafael
    Alhoon
    Van
    PathofDreams
    LordSkybolt

Policy on PC death/retirement: If your PC dies, retires, becomes a Darklord, etc, you (the player) will be swapped out for a player from the waiting list. This only applies if there is somebody on the wait list at the time, of course.

Non-posting policy; If a player misses a really long period of posting, he may be rotated with a guy from the waiting list. I will attempt to contact the missing player first, of course. The length of time required for this to take effect may vary, depending on the pace of the game. Don't worry, it will never be just a few days. I'm thinking of situations in which a player drops out for , say, a month or more.

rules set:The system is 3.5. If it's in the SRD, I will probably allow it. This does not include psionics, gestalt classes, and generic classes. If it's not in the SRD, I might allow it, but be warned that I will disallow anything that looks broken, too complex, like it just doesn't fit, etc.

Boomsticks;The rules for gunpowder weapons carry over from the first campaign. Note that gunpowder is created by alchmeists, and is rare or expensive in some lands.

EDIT- A rotation has occured. Again...

GRAND COMBAT POST & CONDITION TRACKER
ewancummins wrote:GRAND COMBAT POST

EDITING....
condition tracker-
Dorgio 6 points CON lost/ reduced hp max by 15
Benn 5 points CON lost/ reduced by max hp 15
Alain 6 points CON lost/reduced max hp by 15, dying
Thom 3 point CON lost/ hp max reduced by 4
Everline 4 points CON/ reduced max hp by 8 HP
Eustace 2 points CON lost, rediced max hp by 4(progress of disease is delayed), shaken
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Devil's Dreams OOC

Post by JMaytr »

Sounds good to me. With all the players that want in the swap idea seems like the fairest way to handle it. I also like the added "you die...you're out" threat. Should make things a tad scarier during combat.

My new Pc will be good aligned everyone, don't worry. I may play a bard since I've never done that before.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Mine will be a concept ewan approves, that of a good necromancer. She is also the daughter of Mirabulos.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

JMaytr wrote:Sounds good to me. With all the players that want in the swap idea seems like the fairest way to handle it. I also like the added "you die...you're out" threat. Should make things a tad scarier during combat.

My new Pc will be good aligned everyone, don't worry. I may play a bard since I've never done that before.
I am extraordinarily relieved.

I forget, did we level up at the end of Mists? I would think surviving the campaign ought to be worth at least level 5ish.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I think we leveled right before we got back to Pont, right? I know Dorgio's level 5 so I bet Benn is too, especially since Benn's been around longer.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I think we leveled right before we got back to Pont, right? I know Dorgio's level 5 so I bet Benn is too, especially since Benn's been around longer.
Yes, Benn and Dorgio should both be level five.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Hmm. Since I don't have 3rd level spells, I apparently missed the memo on this one.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Hmm. Since I don't have 3rd level spells, I apparently missed the memo on this one.
It would seem so. You may level up now, then. You should be on par with Dorgio. Benn's been in from the very beginning.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Awesome, this is when it's starts getting really fun to play a cleric, once you've got third level spells.

If anybody needs some minerals detected, come to this guy!
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

So Vinegar will be the only arcane spellcaster or is Benn one as well?

Never even checked what class Benn was LOL!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:So Vinegar will be the only arcane spellcaster or is Benn one as well?

He doesn't have it written on his t-shirt... maybe that's on purpose.
:)

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
tarlyn wrote:So Vinegar will be the only arcane spellcaster or is Benn one as well?

He doesn't have it written on his t-shirt... maybe that's on purpose.
:)
Hmm yes in fact she kind of does have hers written on her tee shirt hee hee hee!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Hey is the episode 7 of Venture Bros season 4, at the beginning, the demon a wink at Ctuhlhu [sp]?
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Since I am playing a new PC, what level can I make my him at?
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

I'm a book collector, obviously.