The Devil's Dreams OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Devil's Dreams OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Rock wrote: What about Alain, though?
It's been made pretty clear to me that he's out of the party, if there is to be a party in the future.

That's not meant as negative commentary on Skybolt. I'm sure we all get the difference between a player and his PC.

Sometimes a PC dies or is retired from play. That's not the same as a player leaving the group. Tarlyn, Raf, and JMaytr have each lost PCs to death or retirement from active play. All three of them came back later to play in my campaign.

I'm going to confer with Skybolt about Alain's fate outside the party. I may amend the epilogue one final time.

Check back later.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Well done to all of you. It was a pleasure to participate in this game and the ending was very satisfying. Plenty of horror moments too. I liked it and look forward to play with all of you again :-)

Possibly with Eustace, I like his class very much.

Thanks for the game.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

By the way, how much is those 72 ducats in common currency?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote:By the way, how much is those 72 ducats in common currency?

Those are D&D gold pieces.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote:Well done to all of you. It was a pleasure to participate in this game and the ending was very satisfying. Plenty of horror moments too. I liked it and look forward to play with all of you again :-)

Possibly with Eustace, I like his class very much.

Thanks for the game.

You are welcome.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I'm sure Brock won't me me publishing this old PM-
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Hey, here's the message that Dorgio sends:
Captain Thibault,

I know we have had our differences in the past, but now my comrades face a matter that may be of interest to us both. Do you remember the old priest who was attacked in the Gundarakite District some months ago? We spoke of suspicions. I do not name them here but I am sure you know my meaning.

I have found evidence that I think supports your fears, and the matter is urgent. My comrades and I are lodging at The Delaplore Estate, southwest of Pont. That is all I dare say in writing, but I think we may be able to work together on this matter.

-Brother Dorgio

Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I enjoyed the game, too. I'm just sorry we didn't get to play together longer! ^^ If/when a new campaign starts, please let me know. I wouldn't mind presenting Everline again, or someone else if that should be considered more desirable. The Factotum class is looking pretty sexy these days...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rock wrote:I enjoyed the game, too. I'm just sorry we didn't get to play together longer! ^^ If/when a new campaign starts, please let me know. I wouldn't mind presenting Everline again, or someone else if that should be considered more desirable. The Factotum class is looking pretty sexy these days...

I'm not so keen on the Factotum, be be honest.

Everline rocks. I'd love for you to play her in the next campaign arc/sequel.

That's likely to begin next October. Halloween start date, maybe?
I've got a thesis to get off my diff and finish, a Eurotrip to undertake, and some assorted adminsitrative crap to handle for the next couple of months.

Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Everline shall returrrrrrn~! Please pm me when it's time. ^^
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Noted.

I'm gonna take a nap soon. I'll be doing online research for my paper, this evening. I'll check the OOC thread then.

Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

You said you were open for questions. If this is revealable, what was the circle? Did Theo ever die? IF not, how did he escape? How did Ferenc got his skin disease?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, tell you what, I'm going to reveal the letter as a spoiler.
The party had actually gathered all relevant clues. It was just a matter of piecing things together. Karim was getting really warm when he questioned the staff. Benn and the others learned a lot from Rotwang. Thom was able to figure out the big secret by himself, without reading the letter. The core secret was revealed in the final scenes anyway, so here goes-

ONLY READ THIS IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH- it nearly got a PC killed, and he didn't even read it himself. :azalin:

VIEW CONTENT:
Dearest Gauderic,

If you are reading this without me present, then something has interrupted my plans.

I need you to understand why I have done what I have done- and why I have not contacted you these last three years. Do not think me entirely a villain. I have my reasons, and they are just.

My ‘fatal accident’ in the cellars was nothing of the kind. While I was removing a colony of the horned devil fungus, my brother Ferenc plunged a dagger into my back. With the help of the traitor Crespin, he tossed me in the underground stream to drown.

But I did not drown! I survived. Injured and alone, I escaped. My extensive knowledge of the caverns and the inhabitants thereof served me well then- as it serves me still.
Fearing for my life, I fled to safety in Sainte Ronges.

Why had my own brother tried to kill me? Ambition and envy, yes, but there was more. We were rivals in love, once, before you were born. My brother married the lady, but she loved me first. The tale of the courtship is long and sad, and I will save it for another time.

How much did my brother know? Would he have gone so far in seeking revenge for a thing never intended to dishonor him, indeed, a thing that occurred some little while before it could dishonor him? Ferenc’s attempt on my life confirmed my worst suspicions. I don’t know when he first realized the truth, for he never confronted me. That was never his way; to show his true feelings.

He killed your sweet mother with the fungus. It is a potent poison. I know from personal experience, I nearly died from its spores when I first discovered it, while delving beneath the manor. Ferenc was exposed around the time she died- and I can imagine how. He claimed he did not know what had happened. At first, I thought perhaps it was my fault, that some spores on my clothing had infected them both. He didn’t share my resistance to the fungus. You’ve seen what it has done to him over the years. I’m afraid that my early concoctions were less than effective in treating the infection.

My hateful sibling dispatched hirelings to seek me out, after he heard some rumor of my survival. I evaded them all. In time, it seems, Ferenc gave me up for truly dead, and quit chasing my ghost.

I have planned my return well, my dear boy. No more will I say of that, for this letter could fall into the wrong hands by some evil fortune. I am no villain of the chapbook novels, to reveal all before the fullness of time has brought my plans to a successful end.

It is enough for you to know that I will not stop until I have avenged Anne, and placed you in your rightful seat as master of house and the heir of my body.

Your loving father,

Theophile Delapore
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

How long did Thom know what was going on?
How did he control the rats?
What did you have against Laurie Weathermay?
Did we level up?
Does this look infected to you?
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:How long did Thom know what was going on?
How did he control the rats?
What did you have against Laurie Weathermay?
Did we level up?
Does this look infected to you?

Thom figured 'it' out only at the end...
VIEW CONTENT:
when he looked at the sketch and the lock of hair in the chest in Theophile's lair. Then it all made sense to him. He snatched the letter to protect Gauderic's privacy- he was only guessing at the contents. He guessed well. Thom never even read the letter- he stopped at the 'dearest Gauderic. It's very impolite to read other folks' mail, you know.

The ''demons'' handled the rats for Theophile. :azalin:

Laurie? Nothing. Heed the words of Bargle the Infamous:
WE ALL TAKE OUR CHANCES, HERE IN THE DUNGEON.

Hmmm.....yeah, Benn and most other PCs level up. Check your PM boxes.

Yes, get that looked at. Could be fungal....
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »