New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Starscream
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by Starscream »

Wolfglide wrote:Help! A doppelganger stole my face!

Just kidding. Welcome!
My name is Legion, for we are many ;)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Starscream wrote:Greetings to all!

I am an italian dungeon master who was elected by my group to prepare and run a Ravenloft campaign (3.x edition), because I spoke very well about this ambientation.
Searching for ideas and advices I found Gonzoron's campaing site, a mine full of goodness! :D

I read all his sessions and wrote to him to thank him for the ispirations he gave me. He suggested that I could join this forum.. and here I am :)
Welcome, Starscream, good to see you found your way here. I hope it's useful to you. (and thanks for the plug... www.themistway.com ... :) )
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
EvilGeniusPrime
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by EvilGeniusPrime »

Happy to finally be in. I'm a huge Ravenloft fan, and have been since 2e.
Five
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Five »

EvilGeniusPrime wrote:Happy to finally be in. I'm a huge Ravenloft fan, and have been since 2e.
!...emiT fo sdnaH eht kcab gninrut ni esuac eht nioj dnah dlo rehtona ees ot dooG .emocleW

:)
"A very piteous thing it was to see such a quantity of dead bodies, and such an outpouring of blood - that is, if they had not been enemies of the Christian faith."

- Jean Pierre Sarrasin, "The Memoirs of the Lord of Joinville"
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

EvilGeniusPrime wrote:Happy to finally be in. I'm a huge Ravenloft fan, and have been since 2e.
Welcome EGP! thanks for reporting the malfunctioning Captcha golem. It has been ... disciplined.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
PrinceoftheRavens
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by PrinceoftheRavens »

I am new to the Fraternity of Shadows. I had a friend who posts of here, and I saw the website, and I made a profile years ago, unfortunately I forgot about that but, I decided to make a new one, and I'll remember this one for a while now, I am better organized. I happen to love the Ravenloft campaign setting and I truly love role playing, I keep myself to the Pathfinder system myself. My only problem is that my friends don't want to play anymore, except for my one friend who like 5e, which I don't care for. Hopefully one day I can get back to exploring Ravenloft and enjoying its mysteries. In the meantime I have a decent collection of Ravenloft books being rescued/collecting dust in a trunk.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome back PrinceoftheRavens! We hope we can help you get your Ravenloft fix until you find a group to play with again.
stormwell
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by stormwell »

Greetings,

First came across Ravenloft some years back when I stumbled across some secondhand copies of the 3rd/3.5 Ed D&D in my LGS and have been in love with the setting ever since, though sadly most of my collection is in PDF format but I've retained a couple of dead tree versions. Actually first came across this site when the conversion for Savage Worlds got released, only just now signed up.

Been into tabletop RPGs for getting on for 15 years, recently published my own setting for the Savage Worlds system and my interest in Ravenloft spiked when I heard about the most recent expansion for Neverwinter.

I'm eager to run or play in a Ravenloft game, though I have a preference for the Savage Worlds system over D&D.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

welcome, stormwell! Hope you find our site helpful, whatever system you play in,
stormwell
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by stormwell »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:welcome, stormwell! Hope you find our site helpful, whatever system you play in,
Thanks for the welcome.
falseflorimell
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by falseflorimell »

Hello, all! I'm a DM in Chicago. Mostly 5e these days. Like most DMs, I've written a lot of adventures of my own and heavily modified a lot of published campaigns, but the only people who've seen that stuff were my players. Maybe it's time to start putting work out there.

I've been fascinated by Ravenloft for decades now -- there's a special place in my heart for Tristan Apblanc's time-travelling castle -- and have really appreciated the FoS work over the years. The articles on Carnival were great! Hoping to meet some good people to bounce ideas off of, especially as I've been doing a lot of work lately on expanding Barovia. CURSE OF STRAHD is big, but not big enough for me!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Welcome to the party. Mind the gremishkas, they're especially feisty this year. ^_^
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

welcome, falseflorimell! Glad to have you here. Especially glad to see people bringing Ravenloft into the 5e future!
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

However, this begs the question: what did you do with the real florimell?
Starscream
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Starscream »

Wolfglide wrote:However, this begs the question: what did you do with the real florimell?
exactly what i've tought, but we are sure we will want to know?