Unthirded! \o/

Books, movies, television and everything else
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Unthirded! \o/

Post by HuManBing »

As of today, 2010.12.23, I have finally and triumphantly sold off the last of my unwanted books of DnD 3rd edition! I'm keeping all my Ravenloft things, because they're really good for fluff, and I'm also keeping all the third-party and WOTC adventures. I think I have the three core books around too - PHB, DMG, MM - but the huge collection of supplemental rulebooks is finally gone!

The last batch that went out today was an "Asian Adventures" collection: Oriental Adventures, Rokushan, Complete Monk I & II, and Jade Dragons and Hungry Ghosts. It sold for $25 on ebay, to a corporation which will probably stock it in an online warehouse at inflated prices.

Once I recover my 2nd ed. books from China, I will see about selling off the supplements for them too. I like the core rulebooks (and in any case mine are so badly worn that there is no chance I'll sell them) but all the splatbooks and supplements are unnecessary.

Needless to say, any adventures and Ravenloft stuff will be retained.

It feels so good to be streamlined! Woo hoo! \o/
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Unthirded! \o/

Post by alhoon »

:? Did you have a storage problem or you just could bare to see them?
I never use/play 2nd edition but I still have the books. They give me moments of warm memories and a smile each time my gaze falls on them.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Unthirded! \o/

Post by HuManBing »

I have moved house about four times in the past four years. I don't have the luxury of lugging around books I never use and arguably should not have bought in the first place.

Fortunately, Steve Jackson Games embraces PDF sales, so I can carry my entire GURPS library with me on a flash drive or laptop.