Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Post by kintire »

The first sensation is the cold. Even as your vision slowly clears, it is the bone numbing cold of the room that dominates your senses. Partly, this is because your sight has nothing much to offer: a grey, cobwebbed vaulted ceiling. You try to look around, but your neck will not move.
Then, hearing.
TUNK
A pause, and then again
TUNK
As your ears sharpen, between the echoing noises, there are softer thumps… footfalls perhaps?
TUNK
Then a new sound, a sort of metallic slithering, like a chain being dragged over stone, but with an odd hollow ring to it.
TUNK
The noises stop, to be replaced by a clink of metal on metal, and the sound of pouring liquid. It sounds like someone pouring from a bottle into a flask, but it goes on and on. The vessels must be huge. Your slow heart beats mark over two hundred and still it goes on.

The room begins to warm, and sensation begins to return to your cold-numbed body. You feel the touch of cloth, a sleek smooth cloth. Silky… yes. Silk. Not clothing though. It presses against your feet, your chest, but not your lower legs. A sheet, draped over you up to your shoulders, but with your arms laid outside. And in your upper arms an odd sensation - Pricking, stabbing, heat - all these things.
At last the pouring stops. The slither again, briefly and then once more that sound:
TUNK
A click, and that pricking sensation in your upper arms gets for an instant worse, and then it is gone. Then a louder, deeper clunk.
TUNK…TUNK….Tunk…tunk….
The noise, again and again, but moving away, growing fainter.

You are trembling: no: the cold stone under you is trembling and the ceiling is receding. Life is returning to your numb form, but even as you begin to be able to shift your head, your vision is limited again. Down into a shaft you slide, the vault limited to a rectangle, then suddenly entirely cut off. Utter darkness: but only for a moment. You emerge from the bottom of the shaft into another room, the stone column descending until it is just a couple of feet above a stone floor, and then it halts.
You are profoundly stiff, your arms are throbbing and your muscles ache, but you can at last move.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Post by kintire »

Looking around the room you see a dusty cobwebbed vault, and other forms, stirring on stone pediments, like altars. In other parts of the room, columns rise to the ceiling. Around the walls are shelves on which objects have been laid, several of them familiar to you.

To one side is a door, outlined in a fierce blue glare which dims slowly as it gets towards the middle of the door, so that there is an oval of clear space in the center
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

The whole timing on he shift Catherine was trying to move and free herself so when she finally is able too move she quickly checks to see if she is injured and then looks around in order to see if there is someone else in the room.
Last edited by VAN on Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

A huge man rises and scratches himself between the legs, then belches loudly. "Hey, is that your best shot, Clyde? I'm still standin, ya mook!" He looks around and finds his belongings. He retrieves his backpack and finds a cigar. Lighting it, he takes a deep puff, then exhales. "Ahhhhhh. That's more like it."

Seeing the woman, he grins and says " Hey. I'm Gorn, whut's yer name?"

Before you is a near seven foot man. He is quite hairy with a goatee and red eyes. A chain is wrapped around his hide armor. A large skeleton belt buckle adorns his waist and huge boots his feet. He sports spiked gauntlets.
Last edited by steveflam on Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

When makes sure that she isn't hurt an nobody is threating her Catherine stands up and tries to remember what has happened. The last thing she rememberes is going to bed at her house in St. Ronges, after that her memory is blank.

When hears Gorn she gives him a concerned side look since she doesn't expect someone else to be there. But at the same time she is glad that someone is with her. Unsure of where they are and who is the man before her, Catherine tries to think which name she should use. Since her last memory was from her house and she figures that she might be kidnapped she decides to use only her first name.

"Hello, I'm Catherine. Glad to meet you Gorn. Are you injured and do you have any idea where are we and how we got here?"

As speaking, her green eyes are fixed on Gorn studying him. Pretending to search something to tie her long black hair she looks around to see where is her gear and weapons.
Last edited by VAN on Sat May 14, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn looks at Catherine. "Naw, I'm ok. Dunno why we're here or how it happened. Maybe the dick who did it'll show his ugly mug. Then I kin show 'im the error of his ways." The large caliban cracks his knuckles.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Cathrine notices how muscular is the man and says:

"Yes I'm sure you can Gorn. Now lets get our gear and try to get out of here."

With that she goes to the shelf and gets her armour and weapons.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn grabs his own gear now, donning what is his. Approaching the door, he looks at Catherine. "Awright. Let's lissen to tha door. Say, you wanna cigar. Helps me relax. Uh, what's tha light, yer think?" Gorn tries to listen at the door after Catherine responds.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I have no idea, now try to keep your voice down please, I will listen as well and then try to open the door silently and get a peek inside. Don't break the door or force it to open we should try to be as silent as we can. Oh and thanks for the cigar but I don't smoke but if helps you relax it's fine but if is anyone at the other side of the door might smell or see the smoke when we open the door so maybe is better put that away for now. When we are free you will have plenty of time to smoke Gorn."
Last edited by VAN on Sat May 14, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn nods and concentrates on the door.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

A large form stirs beneath a shroud on an alter, slowly rising with a deep groan. The shroud droops and flows toward the cold floor below like molasses slithering promises of revealing what is beneath it's light textured surface. It is apparent that the form beneath is a man as he swivels in his seated position and throws his legs over the edge of the alter. After a few moments the shroud gives way completely and falls quietly on the floor below to reveal a large man, roughly 6 and a half feet tall and in peak physical condition. His skin is tan and bears the scars of battle that do not quite do enough harm to kill a man and yet leave their mark. He has short dark hair in what would be termed a crew cut by those in military service and when he turns to look at you, his startling hazel eyes weigh and measure you from a distance. It doesn't take long to also the notice the scar burned into the mans flesh set in the center of his forehead. It is in the shape of that of a hawk.
He slowly slides off the alter, only taking his eyes off of you to take note of his gear lying a ways off. As he makes his way over to gather his equipment he never lets his eyes go astray from your forms. Once he has gathered his equipment and donned his scale armor he says in a growl,"Wo bin ich und zu welchem ​​Zweck habe ich hier mitgebracht? Sprich schnell! Ich bete um deinetwillen Sie hatte nichts damit zu tun."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine notices the man and sighs, these kind of men are difficult to deal with and use to believe that with their strength can do anything. This attitude is totally opposite of Catherine's more cunning way of thinking. She has find a way to deal with Gorn for now and she can only hope to have same result with this one as well. Her only problem is that she didn't understand what he was saying.

In an attempt to make the man speak in low voice so she can actually listen what is at the other side of the door Catherine points at the closed door, at their ears and then puts her finger at her lips making shhh. Then whispers in Mordentish:

"I don't understand what you said, but please try to not make noise, I'm trying to listen if are enemies in the next room."
Last edited by VAN on Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn looks at the man and puts his finger to his lips and whispers SHHHHHH
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The blue light covering the door seems insubstantial. Beyond, through the central, transparent section, the actual door is of carved wood. No sound seems to be coming from beyond it.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Whispering Catherine says:

"I hear nothing. Let me check if is safe to open the door and then try to open it a bit."

Catherine search the door and the walls beside it and then tries to open it a bit so she can get a peek inside.
- W H A T ! ? !