Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Post by VAN »

Catherine isn't surprised to see the man is dead, the empty eyes were kinda anticipating that. So despite she is feeling very uneasy talking to a dead man she tries to sound confident and asks:

"Who captured and forced you? Vengeance about what? And can you please tell me your name?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon is shocked by the revelation and Darkonese fears about the undead kick in as he unconsiously says a fast rite.
Darkonese: "Azalin Rex protect us from the Gray Realm, the undead and the hour of Ansension! Eternal Order shield us from Death's grasp!"
Composing himself in the face of the undead he turns to Catherine
M: "Why are we chatting up a revevant or whatever undead that is?"

And without further delay, he begins chanting the words and makes the gestures required for a protection from evil spell. He just hopes that the tell-tale lights of a successful incantation will appear and protect his mind and soul from the undead fiend.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Not understanding what his companions are saying, though he seems to understand what it is in response to. The smith appearing to be dead.
His hand goes for his heavy mace instinctively as he casts a glance to Saradon out of the corner of his shocked eyes.
"This sub-human is dead! Tell me, Darkonian, what trickery must we use to defeat such a blight?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn grabs his chain tightly in his massive hands. "Awright, whut'er we gonna do? This dead mook freaks me out. Makes me wanner bash 'is skull in."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The strange figure laughs again, a cold, dusty wheezing as he seems to survey the group.

"I am Dvalinn. Or his revenant, at least..."

His laughing settles

"you desire to slay me? To end me? No mortal weapon will harm me."

With a swift gesture, he plunges the blade he has been hammering into a trough of liquid, sending a great hissing steam up, then he casts it onto his anvil, hilt towards you.

"take it up then! Strike me down, as Svafrlami sought to do!"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon behaves in a very unexpected way. He seems suddenly supprised and mutters to himself in Darkonese looking around briefly. Then, seemingly ignoring the undead alltogether, produces a small stick from his robes and with it curiously and without any apparent reason pokes lightly Catherine's arm, like he wants to check if she's really there, or wake her up. He then waves his hand in front of her trying to check her reaction.

After this seemingly insane reaction, he moves to check a specific part of the room without a word to her if she inquires about his actions or even his mental health.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"We don't want to harm you Dvalinn, we just need answers and apparently you are the only one to have them. So may you tell us your story starting with who captured you and forced you to craft this fine sword? And who is Svafrlami?"

Seradon's strange behavior doesn't surprise Catherine very much, she has been in Darkon and knew their fear of undead; so she thinks the wizard probably tests her in some way. Even if doesn't need to be from Darkon to be afraid in their particular situation... Catherine is trying hard to keep her wits and is forcing herself not to think that they are actually talking to a dead man that crafted a powerful evil weapon...Still after finishing her questions gets to Seradon and asks:

"All good here Seradon? Nothing happened to me don't worry. I just try to not think to who we are talking to and keep clear mind."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn is confused by Seradon's actions and Catherine towards the undead thing. Shrugging he wraps his chain back around his large torso and pulls out a cigar. Lighting it up, he takes a deep haul and tries to relax. "So, whut're we tryin ter do here? Seradon, buddy, why're yer doin? Come back here, man."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon, standing next to where the anvil seems to be, after thinking a minute, still with complete disregard for the undead turned to them and said
M/F: "The spell I casted earlier protects me from evil spells and mind manipulation. I can see the sword. I hear the ghost woman's song. All you see here is a mind-trick. I poked Catherine to see if you people can see and hear me."

Seradon waits for their reaction.
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Now I is more confused. I dont git any spell crud. Explain ter me in plain Mordentish whut yer up to. Otherwise I aint gonner understand.
Whut I sees is not whut is there? Whut the hell does that mean anyways?"

Gorn scratches his head, slightly confused. He looks at the undead thing again, trying to see if it is fake or something like that.

"Are you really there?," he asks the Weaponsmith. "MY pal says you aint real. What is I lookin for, Seradon?"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

M: "What I want to say Gorn is that what you see isn't really there. The sword is here, on a coffin where you people used to see the anvil. I don't see any undead dwarf here. I'm not touching the sword anyway; it's weird enough as it is and I think the stories about it are either true or based on truth.
Catherine, see what you can learn from the spectre of the undead dwarf and please relay it to me as I can't listen to him."
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"So the sword can mess with our minds... so it is even more powerful than we thought...we have witnessed so many strange things this day and I'm still impressed by the sword's abilities. But on the other hand it might be our chance to learn something more about it, if of course what the undead dwarf says is true and isn't what the sword wants us to know...Worths a try though."

Catherine walks again closer to the undead dwarf and repeats what she said:

"We don't want to harm you Dvalinn, we just need answers and apparently you are the only one to have them. So may you tell us your story starting with who captured you and forced you to craft this fine sword? And who is Svafrlami?"
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Dvalinn smiles humourlessly.

"I am nothing. A memory. A memory of Dvalinn, captured by a king and forced to make a sword, who wove his hatred and vengeance into three curses. It would slay the king, Svafrlami, himself, cause three terrible deeds, and slay anyone who bore it. The first two curses have long since run their course, but the third..."

He gives another ghastly wheezing laugh

"not so much."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine tells Seradon what Dvallin said.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon thinks for a moment and then talks.
M: "Catherine, ask him if we can break the curse of the sword, since he wove it. Is it something we can do? Perhaps if we make things right by him, the hate that fuels the sword's curse would dissipate.
On the other hand... the curse affects those that bear the sword. So, I believe if we just take it and put it in a bag, the curse won't affect us. Of course, the sword itself may take actions to force us use it. Or slam us with hallucinations.
Anyway, please ask him if there's a way to break the curse of the sword and if he knows anything about the ghost lady above."
My DMGuild work!