Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Post by VAN »

"Dvallin, is there a way to break the curse? And what can you tell me for Huldra? The ghost lady above?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Curses are not so lightly called back. They flow until they end, and the end of this one is the end of the sword itself. And that is no easy matter, no indeed. But you do not have to end it. It is deadly, indeed, but slow. Warriors have borne that sword for years... decades. And done great deeds with it. Great deeds. For it is mighty. And some have escaped its curse... heh. By dying another way before it bit! Not the answer you were looking for, perhaps."

He seems to spit, but nothing emerges from his dust-dry mouth

"And Huldre? She's no ghost. A meddler, a dabbler, a wanton hussy... pay no heed to her."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine listens carefully but she doesn't seem convinced. It would be very easy for Dvallin to lie so they keep going after the sword and stop trying to break the curse. Afterall it is all a mind game, the sword was talking to them through Dvallin...

Turning to Seradon she repeats Dvallin words.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried seems a mix of awe and outright discomfort. Saradon had confirmed this was all just witchery and he and the others were stuck right in the middle of it.
A witch or witch-born could be put to the stake but, how did you purge the world of a sword?
In a panicked voice he blurts out, "Damned your story! And damned your curses! How is the blade destroyed?"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon also doesn't seem happy with the replies.
M: "I'm losing my patience here with the sword and the shade or memory of the undead. Could you iterate to the shade please Catherine, that we didn't ask whether he thinks Huldra is a Floozy, but what he can tell us about her, her story, what she is and what she wants to do."
F: "Helfried, I'm not that sure that our gracious patron, that bought for all you this nice house and abducted us, will allow us to destroy the sword. Still, the question has merit just in case. "
M/F "Helfried or Catherine, could you also ask that memory of an undead dwarf if the curse will affect us if we simply carry that sword in a backpack and don't use it?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Dvallin, what can you tell us about Huldra? Her story, what she is and what she wants to do. Also do you know if the curse will affect us if we simply carry that sword in a backpack and don't use it?"
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The apparition turns its eyeless gaze onto Helfierd.

"Destroy the sword? If I knew how to destroy the sword, I would not be here... heh. In as much as I AM here..."

He smiles slightly

"besides, warrior, do you wish it destroyed? It could make you powerful. The greatest warrior in...where are you from?"

Those eyeless holes bore into Helfierd's face for an instant, then for a moment that ancient face twists into an expression of astonishment, before sliding into its cold stare again.

"remarkable..."

He seems stirred briefly into irritation by Catherine's questions

"Huldre is just a faerie, meddling in things that don't concern her, as faeries are wont to do. And the sword can only slay if it is wielded. If you have the will to leave the mightest sword ever forged in your backpack while death claws at your throat, you will be beyond its power. If!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine says everything to Seradon and adds:

"Maybe you should get the sword Seradon, will be more tempting for the rest of us since we know how to use it. At the backpack of a wizard though, I hope, it cannot do much. Even in a death situation you will not think to use it as we might do. You rely on your magic and not at weapons."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn belches loudly, rubbing his tummy. He lights up another cigar. "So, whut're we gonna do now? I am bored like you wouldn't believe. I need to smash something or drink something."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

M "Did the apparition said that? Well, that's too convenient but I'll take it with a grain of salt. I'll take the sword, but I'll carry it for as long as my power to keep mind control away from me lasts! And that's not for long.
Gorn, in case any corspes rise to kill me the moment I touch the sword, please give me a hand, OK?"
F "Helfried, I'll briefly take the sword. In case undead rise up to attack me, in order to force me use the sword, do you want me to hand the sword to you?"
With a look at Gorn and Helfried, Seradon took a deep breath... and quickly grabbed the sword from the hilt and lifted it out of that coffin, backing away and looking around for enemies, traps and preparing for a mental assault by the sword.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Seradon, you to keep the sword was my idea because you will be lesss tempted to use it. If you feel you can't keep it anymore you better hand it to me instead of a warrior...And of course better wrap a cloth on it and put it away, not keep it clear sight."
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Helfried look in reply to Saradon, "I will not need such a blade to crush any foul dead that may rise to attack." He then looks to Dvallin, "And as for you, I would rather die with honor than let such a wicked creation feel the grip of my hand. It is no mere weapon which makes a great warrior. It is his will. And I serve the Kingfuhrer and have no desires to usurp his might nor challenge his claim as the mightiest of warriors!"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Girn unwraps his chain and holds it at the ready in case he needs to use it, cigar still in his mouth.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The apparition stares silently at Helfried for a long moment, then nods silently.

"A good answer, warrior. But the Kingfuherer? I don't think it is him you serve."

He sighs, seeming suddenly weary.

"But then, that is no concern of mine."

Suddenly the group is back in the room, gazing at Seradon holding the sword
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine blinks at the immediate change of scenario. Spotting the sword at Seradon's hands says:

"Quickly wrap it with a cloth and put it in a backpack Seradon, less time it is close to us the merrer. Then we have to find a way to destroy it. Huldra said something about direct sun light."
- W H A T ! ? !