Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Online roleplaying at the Café
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings part I: 27 Charity Street

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"I assure you I serve none other than the Hawk, Kingfuherer of Falkovnia, Vlad Drakov. What is this remarkable nonsense of which you speak?"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Helfrieds words echoe in the dusty cellar, his only reply the faint hint of a dusty, wheezing laugh.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

F"Better ignore the wordplays of a sword-made shade Helfried"

After taking a few seconds, no more, to look at the sword and examine the fine blade and the exquisite runes that run through it, Seradon sheathes the sword if able to do so and picks up a cloth and covers the blade. Before his protective spell runs out, he has made a bangle of the sword and carries it by the cloth, avoiding to touch the handle or the blade of the cursed thing.

M/F: "OK, I have the accursed thing, should we go back up now? I want to bury that in a backpack or something"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes better put it away and then we can try and talk to Huldra again. She seems to know a way to destroy it. If it is the direct sun light maybe we can put it at the garden tomorrow morning."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Awright. let's get outta this dusty place, I need a drink and that dame better tell us what we need. I don't care bout hurtin her if she don't tell us what we need. We bin jerked around enough. Faerie shmaerie I say." Unwrapping his chain he stomps up the stairs and to the kitchen without waitin for anyone.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon is a bit suprised by Gorn's words. M: "Gorn... since you're part faerie your self, don't you feel more kinship towards Huldra?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn calls back "I aint no faerie, I'm a caliban ya dolt! Now yer with me or yer not!"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

M/F: "Yeah, I think it's past time we confronted the fey lady upstairs"
Seradon starts to move towards the Cellar's entrance, as he passes by Gorn he says
M: "Callibans are similar to the fey Gorn, that's why I said you're part fey. Your people are obviously bigger than traditional faeries, but still you have things in common with the fae folk"
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine follows them without talking, after all she doesn't know mcuh about callibans or fey.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The passage seemed long on the way down with so many interruptions, but in fact it is only about twenty feet to the trapdoor. Huldra ends her song as you emerge and gives her sly grin.

"Sweet success!"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon doesn't release the sword around the fey, but he still holds it folder in the cloth.
M: "OK fey lady. We have the sword. I'm not sure about this, but I've heard you people don't want us expressing our gratitude with words or you take offence. My mother was telling me to leave small tokens of my appreciation in front of the door if I wanted to thank the fey; a favor for a favor.
Now, do you want some tea before you leave the house for your own residence? I've bought some nice sage."
Seradon takes out of his pocket the little bag with sage he bought the previous day and throws it on the table.
F: "Helfried, I offer Huldra the Fey some tea for her advice and help and politely ask her to leave after that"
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gorn doesn't leave, just leans against the wall, chain in his hand. He eyes Huldra, trying to gauge her body language as Seradon speaks with her.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Huldra laughs

"So suspicious, Spellcaster? I take your tea and deftly depart. Satisfied is the sword of sullen smiths, done the dreams of dull waiting. Bathe it in blood and gain glory! I wait to watch your desperate deeds!"

She slips smoothly forwards, scoops up the gift and a shimmer flickers towards the door. As it ends a small animal, perhaps a squirrel? is briefly seen flicking away.

The house is silent as dawn approaches, no songs or visions to disturb its owners. Weariness settles upon you as if you had walked a hundred miles, and all you can think of is sleep.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

As you retire, the peace of the house seems to settle around you, the first echoes of the dawn chorus beginning... and then abruptly breaking off.

From downstairs comes a noise. Not the sound of ghosts or strange song, but a sound that stirs a memory within you even so. Tunk...tunk....tunk...

It seems to approcah, a rhythmic impact, slightly more muffled. You are awake, you think, but unable to move a muscle. Even your eyes no longer blink.

Tunk....tunk... the noise seems to come closer, then pauses. It begins again, but this time fading, growing more distant and then, abruptly, stopping.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The strange paralysis leaves you, and you can move once more. The sleepyness also passes, and your obsession with retiring to bed now seems strange. Investigation will reveal new objects have been left in each sleeping room: weapons glittering slightly in the darkness, armour sleek and well made, a spellbook looking slightly thicker than before.

But the sword Tyrfing is nowhere to be found