The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 5

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 5

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:"Wait." Julian says to the group. "Before we go deeper into the tunnels we should retrieve the ring from Great Aunt Luisa's hand so we can see what is inside that black box."

Tristan chuckles drily-

''Heh, I was wondering when we'd get back to doing that. I was ready for a nice ride in the fresh air. Besides, I really want to see Harold's face when we open the chest to reveal a hoard of gold, and not lead or petrified corpses."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

IN THE GREENHOUSE-

As Julian leads the party out of the tunnels he is surprised to see an old face, Saverio Pancrazio. The old man stands with Roderigo awaiting the groups ascension. Both of them have nervous and suspicious countenances.

"Ah Julian," The old man says with a smile, "I see you've discovered the tunnels beneath the house. I'd always heard rumors that they existed. Tell me, find anything of interest?".
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan watches Julian's armor plated back for a brief moment. He says nothing. As soon as Saverio isn't looking in his direction, he flashes a quick side glance to Goran, with a worried look on his face.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Surprised to see his grandfather Julian doesn't answer the question immediately. Instead he watches both Roderigo and his Saverio silently for a moment. "Grandfather! What a pleasant surprise!" He says with a smile. "As for the tunnels they are rife with dark magics and undead! As much as I would like to go into detail right now, I can't. We have to return to the crypt, immediately." He says.

"Tristan, Tahl can you go find Harold? We will probably need his help." He says to them.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Sebastian stands silently by Julian, letting his elder brother talk to their grandfather. He begins to fondle his holly symbol of Ezra as he watches Julian talk to Saverio, a man that Sebastain had never met as an adult.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Saverio watches Julian closely. His mention of "Undead below" shocks the old man who visibly starts.

Thats...terrible."

Suddenly the assembled group hears the sound of flute music dancing softly on the wind.

" I think thats coming from the house," Roderigo says, a look of horror on his face, Saverio appears confused.

"I hear nothing." the old man says removing a Darkonian cigar from his jacket and lighting it. The elder man shirks slowly behind Roderigo. (1)

(1) Sense motive
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian watches his grandfather closely. "Yes it is.." He says. Even when he hears the sound of music Julian continues to watch his grandfather.

Without taking his eyes off Saverio "Tahl, Tristan, Sebastian go check out the manor. It could be that ghost we encountered yesterday.." He tells them.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Sebastian is visibly uneasy from hearing the music, for his memories of it are still fresh and very unpleasant.

"Y...Yes, Brother. I shall go, the other will need my help." says Sebastian as he follows Tristan and Tahl to the house. Turning to Saverio as he leaves, he politly bows and says, "Grandfather."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan just nods to Roderigo, and then heads for the house at a brisk pace. Once clear of the greenhouse, he actually begins to run.

Flutes! This isn't good.

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

The flute music begins to get louder, the individual whistles echoing off the walls of Pancrazio manor like stray musket bullets.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Tristan is running towards the house.

Is it just the huntsman, or does he see flames bursting against the second story floor?

The huntsman bursts inside the manor, the temperature slightly higher than it was outside.
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Sebastian picks up the pace to follow Tristan, not willing to risk the houndsman going into the manor alone.

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Harold? Agna? Emilio?''

Harold heads straight for the second floor.

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Tristan and Sebastian do not notice anything, but Saverio seems to be fidgeting and hiding something from Julian. The Paladin does not feel as if the elder man is being truthful to him.

The flute music grows louder.

The music is now louder than it has EVER been. The whine shrieks through the greenhouse, cracking the various window panes into long spider webbing cracks. Saverio clasps both hands over his ears, his cigar falling from his lips, as does Roderigo. It is coming from the manor, like a cacophony of metal.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Reaching the second floor Tristan is immediately alerted to Miss Pheobe's room. Lying in the doorway is Harold: his eyes are dark black and blood runs from his ears and mouth. Miss Pheobe lies in the thresshold as well, a large crimson stain formed at her satin gown