The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 5

Online roleplaying at the Café
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 5

Post by JMaytr »

In the Nursery-

Tahl, Sebastian, Julian, and Tristan stand in the nursery. Tahl has indicated where the secret panel in the ceiling is.

In Pheobe's Room-

Goran and Roderigo stand watch over Pheobe, who is unconscious and lies on the bed.

Downstairs-

With a huff, Saverio searches the downstairs rooms for Emilio. He finds the aged Majordomo in the kitchen along with a young, attractive serving girl.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

In the nursery-

Tristan grabs a broom, a stick, or something similar. He uses this tool to shove the panel.

''Let's get this open and take a look.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl assists Tristan by grabbing chair for Tristan to stand on if needed to reach the panel, then stands back to see if anything falls out of the panels as it is opened from at least the door away distance wise and also to keep an ear* out for any thing perhaps coming into other rooms connected to this corridor that the would be player of the music could be trying to sneak away from .

*Listen Roll 24 Listen check .
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3194589/
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

The Nursery-

Tristan moves the panel aside, revealing a hidden room! Rose colored light spills through a stained glass window set in the roof. From the angle of the outside manor grounds, this window would be impossible to see...yet alone keep clean enough for light to penetrate...

The huntsman immediately sees a coiled rope ladder fastened to the inner lip of the trapdoor. Beyond it sits a drafting table and a stool. A tray attached to the board over flows with multicolored charcoals. A fresh artwork lies in display on the board.

There is a small vanity with a mirror along with some neglected toy dolls and a jewelry tree.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Suddenly, his aunt's room is infinitely more desolate. With haste the others have left Goran in an awkward moment with his father. As the two are assessing the situation, the young woodsman breaks the silence, "I am proud to see you stand up to the old curmudgeon, and I know it is not my place, but I believe there is none that deserves to reign over this family more than you father."

Goran turns and steps to his weapon he now realizes he had dropped. Retrieving the longblade from the floor, he slides it home in its scabbard.

Without waiting for a reply from Roderigo, Goran speaks again, "Emilio will be hither to assist you momentarily; I should attend to the excitement in the nursery. Are there any particular instructions you would have me relay to the others as we investigate the crawlspace above and the rest of the tunnels below?"
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the nursery-

Tristan takes hold of the rope ladder and pulls himself up into the room. As he ascends, he looks about to make certain there's no one hiding in the little hidden room.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

As Tristan ascends the rope ladder Julian calls after him. "Tristan what do you see up there?"
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

The attic above Pheobe's room-

Tristan can find no one hiding in the small attic room
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:As Tristan ascends the rope ladder Julian calls after him. "Tristan what do you see up there?"

''Artwork, some old toys...A jeweled tree. I'm taking a closer look about now."

Tristan searches the room. He starts by looking at the artwork. He compares it with the drawings he found in Phoebe's room(which he now has stowed in his pack).

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

In the Attic-

Tristan looks at the artwork on the drafting board-
it depicts a lush green meadow dotted with familiar looking white flowers(1). Healthy trees surround the meadow like watchful sentries, though one ancient oak stands away from the others. It is gnarled and white with age and its branches stretch out like eager claws. A woman, clearly Miss Pheobe, wanders through the scene clutching a new born baby in her arms. One might get the impression that she is fleeing from the old tree towards the safety of the healthy ones.

Stepping forward to examine the artwork, Tristan hears a loose floorboard beneath him creak. Lifting the board he finds a small space filled with trinkets: a flute, a baby rattle, a silver coat pin shaped like a dove, a rusty letter opener with the Dilysnia family crest on the handle, a violet hair clip, and a woman's handkerchief stained with age.

(1) Knowledge local or INT check*if necessary...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan stares at the flute in horrified fascination. He reaches down to touch it, as if to make sure it's real. Slowly, he lifts it to his lips, as if to blow a note...

And then he places it in his bag, along with the other items from beneath the floorboard.

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

-In the nursery attic.

Touching the flute, Tristan's hand goes icy numb for a moment, but the sensation passes as quickly as it occurs. Staring at it, the huntsman can see dark foul stains on the mouthpiece of the eight holed pipe. An ugly crack runs along the underside, blistered open by an old fire. Tristan places the flute in his bag along with the other items.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''I just found an old flute. I bet it's what has made that music we've been hearing. The instrument has been damaged by a fire. I could be wrong, but my guess is that may well have been the same fire that ravaged the house a few years back. The flute music only started after the fire, remember? Didn't Sebtasian say that the ghost appeared to him in flame or smoke? Do you fellows think there might be a connection? Sebastian said his vision in the library looked as if the boy were throttled, right? A murder...And the fire was a way to cover it up, maybe? Why would someone kill a boy, and who was he? I wonder , if he wasn't a Pancrazio we know about, could he have been a Dilisnya? We've come across some signs of that family. Here's a letter opener engraved with their crest- I recognize the image from Lord Ivan's last visit. Have the two familes ever intermarried? Feuded? "

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Looking up at Tristan, Sebastian says, "Your theory makes sense, Tristan. Though I am not familiar enough with the family history to be sure." Sebastian turns to his elder brother, "What do you think, Julian?"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Miss Pheobe's Room-

Roderigo watches as Julian, Tristan, Tahl and Sebastian run for the nursery. he waits to see what the group has discovered, worried that more horror is to come. After long minutes pass, Roderigo looks to his son and answers him.
"Yes Goran, I want those tunnels fully cleared. I want to know why this is happening, why now?"

He moves closer to Goran and whispers conspiratorially, gasping his shoulders roughly.

"Uncle Saverio is surely after the family treasure. Your Grandmother's wealth is there and it must be a secret if discovered. Hide it from the others, the servants. Only family, our immediate ones: you, Magenta, your mother and I should prosper from this. I have earned it dammit!"

Roderigo composes himself and walks into the hallway, where Emilio has just arrived with Saverio Pancrazio.

"Emilio! See to Miss Pheobe at once. Uncle Saverio, you come with me, we have much to discuss."

"Now hold on one minute boy!" Saverio shouts, spittle becoming caked in his thick mustache Image "I have traveled long and far to reach my ancestral home only to find my daughter in duress! I am through with pleasantries here. I am staying with my daughter and that is final. Go! See to whatever is causing this madness, and when I am convinced my Pheobe is well I will acquiesce to your interrogation."

Roderigo looks at the old man with disgust.

"I've never forgotten why you had to leave Saverio. You say we are finished with pleasantries, so be it. Stay with him Emilio. See that he keeps his filthy hands off of her."

Roderigo turns and descends the stairs.