Adventures in Tepest OOC/Interest thread

Online roleplaying at the Café
divinedragonslayer
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Adventures in Tepest OOC/Interest thread

Post by divinedragonslayer »

The Fey, the creatures who lurk about bewitching those around them into acts of evil. These agents of spite, trickery, and wild magics. Their masters the hags are the embodiment of the sins of Envy and Gluttony. Creatures who are only motivated by the overwhelming urge to destroy what is beautiful in the world to spite those who have what they could never obtain in their endless centuries of life. Their blackened souls only sated for the moments by the taste of human flesh. Be they unfortunate spellbound victims or wicked souls brought about by their own hellish activities preformed as they lust after what they can't have. Together these two unnatural forces combine to create a threat to all humanity- Unknown Tepesti Inquisitor

As the title suggests the game I'm conceiving is going to take place within Tepest. I'm sorry if I'm doing this wrong, but I'm seeing who interested above all else. That being said I'll go ahead and write the mechanics.

Stats: 4d6 drop 1 reroll 1s.

HP: First max roll rest

Sources available:

Player's Handbook & Ravenloft handbook
Van Richter's Arsenal, Guide to the shadow fey, walking dead, and mists
Heroes of Light & Dark (No PRCs)
Gazetteers
Legacy of the Blood

From D&D:
Player's Handbook 2
Completes

Quick note: For PrCs replace Pelor with Belenus

Restrictions and bannings

Restriction:

Choose only one PRC

Banned Classes:

Psionics
Spellthief
Beguiler
Dragon Shaman
Duskblade
Samurai
Ninja
Warlock
Hexblade
Favored Soul
shugenja

Any questions feel free to ask.
Within the darkest depths the light shines the brightest
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Adventures in Tepest OOC/Interest thread

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

1) At which level would characters start?

2) Is the Factotum class allowed? I noticed Dungeonscape isn't on the list, but thought I'd ask anyway. ^^ No biggie if it isn't, but I'd like to try my hand at the class sometime.

3) What's our adventure hook? What's happening and why are we involved?
divinedragonslayer
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

I haven't decided on a level yet probably 3. You're adventures, but you have yet to really start exploring.

No dungeonscape at the moment. I'm not confident enough to really add a whole bunch of stuff at the moment. I also want to make sure magic doesn't lose that feared and mystical element within Ravenloft.

As for a hook: As adventurers either from this the kingdom of Tepest or realms beyond the mysterious fey have touched your lives in some way. Either by tragedy or boon you have wound up on the trail of the fey, goblins, or witches. While not necessarily in Tepest to hunt them down you've wound up in Kellee. There several young women who were left in the bewitched village has disappeared. Some blame it on the goblins which roam the wilds while others blame it on the witches which supposedly use the girls in dark magic rituals to extend their lives. What the truth is only the girls who are missing and those who have taken them know. How far one must travel to reveal the truth only the Dark Powers know.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I think starting at level 3 or lower is a good call, mighty DM.

I did that with the original crew in my long-running Ravenloft PbP game, and it worked out pretty well.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
divinedragonslayer
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Sorry for not checking in sooner. I'm still interested in getting a game going. Though for Halloween I may change it over to a Barovian adventure if people are interested in that.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Hello all... First i would like to say, after stumbling across this thread, that i am quite interested... I have enjoyed playing pbp in another thread and would like to get into another story.

I have only just begun thinking about a possible character idea so i will get back to you on that.

Does anyone have any cool ideas for a group of adventurers? Should we start knowing each other well or a little or not at all?

I guess we'll see where this can go from here?

ewancummins, have you already created a character? let me know if you have any suggestions... same with you Rock...

Let's get somethin rockin!
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I haven't made a PC, no. I'm starting my own game in about ten days, so I won't be playing in this one. I certainly encourage other people to join this one, though. It looks cool!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
charles
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by charles »

I think commencing from levels 3 or decrease is a good contact, great DM.
Used to do in which with all the original producers in my long-running Ravenloft PbP online game, plus it solved pretty well.