A little something in observation of H.P. Lovecraft's b-day!

Discussing all roleplaying games
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

A little something in observation of H.P. Lovecraft's b-day!

Post by Steve Miller »

H.P. Lovecraft--one of Ravenloft's guiding lights--was born on August 20, 1890.

In observation of that day, I have written "Herbert West vs. the Zombies" for ROLF!: The Rollplaying Game of Big Dumb Fighters.

Following the same format as "The Death of Osama bin Laden" and "The Fireman vs. the Firewitch," this two-page supplment can be downloaded for free until Monday August 22. Click here to get your copy... and feel free to offer feedback!
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: A little something in observation of H.P. Lovecraft's b-

Post by alhoon »

:) :) :)

Thank you Mr. Miller! Real thanks.

I checked it, seems good and solid to me. I would just think that zombies should not be castratable as a trait at least.
As for the scenario, it seems a bit tough to win that, but it's OK. I doupt many will play with just one char.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Oh yeah! And my friend, a DM who does only 2nd Edition, dmed a MoTRD game for a few of us and the ending has the birth of Monsieur Lovecraft! That was a way cool way to end his game :)
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

Alhoon: You're welcome! And you're right about the scenario being very, very difficult--if not impossible--to win. That's a trait of a lot of the ROLF! "adventures," although I may have gone a bit overboard with this one.... when the editor's away, the designer goes nuts! :) [And the Sexy Zombie having castrate is something I threw in there, partly because of my twisted sense of humour, and partly because I suspect that when my collaborator does her revision when this thing gets incorporated into our larger October project, she'd add it anyway....]

Tarlyn: Sounds like a good DM. :)

--Steve Miller
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Nah, 2-3 chars can do it. About Castrate, I meant that a zombie should be "uncastratable" or castrate should have less of an effect on a zombie.

(Castrate is a good move usually and very demoralizing for the other player. We shouted a lot of "OUCH!" with that.)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:Nah, 2-3 chars can do it. About Castrate, I meant that a zombie should be "uncastratable" or castrate should have less of an effect on a zombie.

(Castrate is a good move usually and very demoralizing for the other player. We shouted a lot of "OUCH!" with that.)
Ah, I misread your castrate comment... I thought you were reacting to the fact that the Sexy Zombie HAD the maneuver, rather than saying they should be IMMUNE to it. I think you're right; I'll remember to add that when we do the October horror-themed release.
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I sincerely hope I'll have my credit card by then... and that it'll be acceptable in paypal (Greece's credit rating is bad at the time).
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:I sincerely hope I'll have my credit card by then... and that it'll be acceptable in paypal (Greece's credit rating is bad at the time).
Well, so long as it's a credit card, I'd have a hard time imagining it wouldn't be.

And if it doesn't, let me know. i can try to work something out. Not with the global money crunch, but with getting NUELOW Games products you want in your hands. :)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I think it'll be OK. Looking forward for the October ROLF! treat.
My DMGuild work!