A New Barovia: Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: A New Barovia: Chapter Two

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

"I shall go with you to the Militia headquarters," says Khalfani. "I speak the local language, and I have managed to earn the respect of some of these men in my time here."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Good idea Robert. So I assume you want to stay back right? I'm still a bit wounded but I can go to Militia HQ I'm good in studying people and hopefully can discern if someone lies to us. I still believe there is a mole in the Militia, so we can't trust them 100%. We need to be very careful and always watch our back."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Marilee looks around

"I am happy to go to the HQ, but I am not at all sure that splitting up is wise. I especially don't think that leaving our weakest and most wounded members alone is sensible! This thing is hunting us: it is unlikely to pass up an opportunity like that!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Hopefully nobody saw us carry a box in here and hopefully nobody knows that the box contains a chest we found at the house. If we don't split we can never know if there was another attack the previous night which is rather important in my opinion. Maybe 3 can stay and 3 can go. What do you think about that?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"You can stay with me, Marilee. What say you? The two of us can handle ourselves, no?" Robert asks with a wink.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"The day is full of surprises. Once again I find myself agreeing with Marilee. Splitting up is a bad idea, though, now that it is daytime it may not be as dangerous. Perhaps if everyone stayed clear of out of way areas and went by common routes."
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Khalfani says, "I agree with the need for caution, but let us not be...um, paralizzed? Oh, 'paralyzed'? Thank you, Marilee. Let us not be paralyzed by it. Thomas is correct in that our foes -- however many we are dealing with -- are less likely to strike openly in the daytime." He ponders for a moment.

"Here is what I suggest.
"Robert, if you are comfortable staying here to watch over the box as you have offered, please do so.
"Adam, perhaps you should remain as well, and see what else you can learn about the box now that we have a moment to compose our thoughts. You may also want to continue finding out what you can about the inn's new visitors, the ones who were, ah, so polite to you last night." He manages a smile. "Is their presence here a coincidence, or is it connected to recent events?

"Thomas, Marilee, and Valanth, if this is acceptable to all, would the three of you come with me to the militia headquarters? Thank you."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Sounds like a plan! I will ask Cornelius about the last night visitors. Just be careful outside."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thomas, Valanth, and Khalfani

The walk to the Headquarters is uneventful. Once inside, you are making your way to see Dmitiri when from down the hall, he spies the three of you. He walks quickly over and stops, smiling. "Ah, Master Khalfani, just the man I vass looking for. A letter was slipped under my office door this past night. It is addressed to you and your friends. I did not open it, mein freund."

The tall Falkovnian hands over an envelope and nodding, turns back down the hall, in the direction of his office. Looking at the envelope it is addressed to all five of the party.

Robert and Adam

The dining room is filled with but a scattering of patrons. You both do not recognize the employees working but that is normal as there are probably many people working at the Inn. At the front desk, you do find Cornelius however.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Robert, a tad more suspicious than usual, talks to Cornelius quietly and trying not to raise his voice. He signals Cornelius that he does not wish to be noted and even more, does not wish to be heard.

Then he says: "hello Cornelius, is everything normal around here? These waiters... I hadn't seen them before, are they new? And what about those people that came here last night?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ail wrote:Robert, a tad more suspicious than usual, talks to Cornelius quietly and trying not to raise his voice. He signals Cornelius that he does not wish to be noted and even more, does not wish to be heard.

Then he says: "hello Cornelius, is everything normal around here? These waiters... I hadn't seen them before, are they new? And what about those people that came here last night?"
Cornelius looks at Robert. "I have more'n one shift workin' 'ere, Robert. Dayis normal employees. As fer lass night, well I be tha owner of an Inn in Krezk. Whut would it look like if I be tellin' everyone in town who's bin inside me Inn. Think about it, Robert. I ain't gonner tell ye who me clients is n that is a promise."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

tarlyn wrote:
Ail wrote:Robert, a tad more suspicious than usual, talks to Cornelius quietly and trying not to raise his voice. He signals Cornelius that he does not wish to be noted and even more, does not wish to be heard.

Cornelius looks at Robert. "I have more'n one shift workin' 'ere, Robert. Dayis normal employees. As fer lass night, well I be tha owner of an Inn in Krezk. Whut would it look like if I be tellin' everyone in town who's bin inside me Inn. Think about it, Robert. I ain't gonner tell ye who me clients is n that is a promise."
"Oh, ok , sorry. Sure Cornelius, I didn't mean to offend. It's just that... those people seemed very odd, don't you think? Strange... in an uncomfortable kind of way."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Cornelius sighs "Perhaps you are right but they be me customers n that's that."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Marilee looks with interest at the letter.

"Well, what does it say?"
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

"A moment, before anyone else touches that," Valanth says. She passes her gloved hand over the envelope and mutters two distincts Words.

(OOC: Detect Magic and Detect Poison.)