Ghosts of Gauntcliff: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ghosts of Gauntcliff: OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Rock wrote:And so the fun has begun. ;) I'm not after xp, by the way. Let me know what you all think of our closing performance. *bows*
Looks nice.

:azalin:

I will check the wiki now and then, and officially assign XP for archivists later in the year. You'll get an offical notice.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail, you have my permission to share me email with the other guys in the group.

I would rather approve wiki memberships all in one fell swoop.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Rock wrote:A pity Thom and Petrie never managed to make it back to us during the endgame. But at least they got to kick butt. ;)

So Primeiro...
VIEW CONTENT:
is D'Polarno's flesh-and-blood son?! I never saw it coming. Did he have a mission to sabotage Sancerre so property of everything he had done would revert to Ghastria?
I don't recall whether we ever heard what the canine-faced thing was, that attacked Juergen. His new career... suits him admirably, but I don't doubt it will lead him to many more a Powers check. :(
Yeah, about Primeiro... HEH.

I'll say more tonight when I'm not posting from my smartphone. ;-)
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Can I write about Jürgen's adventures? It looks doubtful he will be able to be back in another adventure anyways.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

ewancummins wrote:Ail, you have my permission to share me email with the other guys in the group.

I would rather approve wiki memberships all in one fell swoop.
do you mean your mail address, or the mail you sent me?
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Both, as you like, Ail.

Tarlyn, sure write about Juregin as you please.

I approved Brock's wiki membership. If you guys join wikipsaces and let me know you names (used there), I will add you too.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote:Ewan, I've registered at Wikispaces with username 'aileigc'. Please, add me to the wiki. I will try to do chapter 5 of this campaign.
I'll add you when I get home tonight.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I like the epilogue--nice to see Dorgio get the girl or a change! I've got some ideas for Dorgio post-campaign, and I agree that the Fan Fiction section would be a good place for that.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
Ail wrote:Ewan, I've registered at Wikispaces with username 'aileigc'. Please, add me to the wiki. I will try to do chapter 5 of this campaign.
I'll add you when I get home tonight.

My name on wiki is tarlyn..
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

well, after a rewarding and invigorating win of Portugal against the Netherlands, and thereby passage to the quarters of the Eurocup, I'm ready to come back to the archiving.

So, I did a first try which Ewan happened to like very much and suggested could work as a template. I would share it with you guys, but I'd need your emails.

But I don't know how well it would work as a template, since I did it with LaTeX and compiled to PDF. Does any of you happen to know LaTeX who could use the same template?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Don't know this program but would be willing to look at your file however ;)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Indeed. Just sent.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

I'm KenofGhastria (no spaces) on Wikispaces.

As for Primeiro... the idea was first put forth by our evil DM. :twisted:
VIEW CONTENT:
Knowing my fondness for all things Ghastrian (as though my nom de geek wasn't a clue), Ewan sent me a PM last year asking if I'd be interested in RPing the bastard son of Stezen d'Polarno. My immediate response was something like "HELL, YEAH!" :) The start to "Ghosts of Gauntcliff" was still months away. Ewan left the details to me, so I developed the name and biographical details, specifically those regarding his birth, his mother, and his more recent activities.

Once we got rolling, I scattered a few tidbits here and there, such as the "d'P_____" name (something easily overlooked if there's no reason for anyone to be suspicious), his "oddly contradictory reputation," plus one or two early references (like here) to his interest in agriculture and paintings.

To answer Rock's question about his mission: Nope, his mission was reconnoissance and information gathering, not sabotage. The events in the epilogue, though? Well... Primeiro wasn't going to ignore the business opportunity presented by Sancerre's fear of financial ruin. My last IC response to Sancerre had a private subtext.

And for what it's worth, he came VERY close to intentionally "outing" himself. There were a couple of moments when he considered whether being completely honest would be necessary to ensure the group's survival. Ultimately, that decision never became necessary. (P.S. The bit about him being of Borcan heritage? He wasn't lying.)

I thoroughly enjoyed playing him and interacting with all of your PCs. In fact, one reason he showed such interest in Everline at times had nothing to do with sexual desire. Actually, he was entertained by the dual personas she originally presented, much like him and, um, Dad. (Oh, Happy Father's Day, Stezen!) :wink: I look forward to the return of Primeiro and the "Gauntcliff Ghost-breakers."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

I still have some doubts, though. Sancerre seemed on occasion to know something about Primeiro's background. Did he?

Also, what is the true backstory of Dodds with Primeiro? Why was he so much focussed on Primeiro and why did he paint him? By the way, did those paintings we destroyed have any effect on the victims? And why did Dodds call Primeiro "Child of the Betrayer"?

When did Dodds venture to the estate for the first time? Was he always around seeing when there would be some new flesh for him? Was he already at the estate when the party went to the Abbey for the first time? And indeed... why was Jonas locked with his chest?
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I have a theory about that last question: If the evil side of Dodds knew that innocence and his own corpse could be his bane, then it would make sense for him to lock them away together. He could either corrupt poor Jonas at his leisure or let him starve to death, possibly causing him to become a little ghost that he could then torment for eternity. Of course, Ewan may well say I'm dead wrong. ^^

What was it that caused Dodds to revert from psycho Darklord to 'ghost of a man struggling against a hideous psychological flaw and losing'?