Ghosts of Gauntcliff: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ghosts of Gauntcliff: OOC

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Adam wrote:Finally, I've had a feeling for a while now that Benn and Eustace have a bit too much of an overlap in skill to fully benefit the group. I've felt that we were stepping on each others' toes more than once, and we have a definite lack of arcane anything in the party.
Actually, Everline has some arcane power to her name. ^^ Not much, but some, and wands help to fill the gap nicely.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Yes, but if Benn can actually learn arcane spells (I do mean the Bennedict character, not a new one. I'd hate to be the cause of a character dismissal) then the group would be more balanced as it currently is.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Ewan, I'm 'aileigc' in wikispaces.
Thanks
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

I have access to a few arcane-ish spells through his druid levels.

I have considered an option for some form of character development that may begin to alleviate the issue.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:) From a lurker's perspective: AWESOME game, awesome conclusion. My compliments to you all, Sirs. :)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Oh, I can't answer certain questions because I need to leave a few surprises for future gaming.

The 'reversion' of Dodds couldn't have happened without an innocent's presence/cries at the phantom lynching scene.

Speak with Dead gave you information about Dodds from life, not as a ghost/bastellus.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

If nobody's archiving The Devil's Dreams right now, I'll start on that.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I've copied the three chapters but haven't had the time as of yet to separate each post. Each file I saved looks exactly like it does when you look at a thread here at the Café.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Ail wrote:I still have some doubts, though. Sancerre seemed on occasion to know something about Primeiro's background. Did he?
Yes. He did. :)
Ail wrote:Also, what is the true backstory of Dodds with Primeiro? Why was he so much focussed on Primeiro and why did he paint him? By the way, did those paintings we destroyed have any effect on the victims? And why did Dodds call Primeiro "Child of the Betrayer"?
I'll say that when it came to his knowledge of Dodds, Primeiro was 99% honest. He didn't know anything about the man other than what he said... plus his perception (not reliable since he was a kid) that something about Dodds' painting of him really upset Dad. As for "Child of the Betrayer," Primeiro's father apparently was Dodds' employer for an unknown amount of time (short? long?), and he subsequently -- and apparently angrily -- cast Dodds aside, eventually resulting in Dodds' sojourn to Gauntcliff and his ignominious death. So yeah, Dodds is going to whine and blame Dad for his misfortune. Big shadowy crybaby, you ask me. :wink:
Ail wrote:And indeed... why was Jonas locked with his chest?
The biggest unsolved mystery of the adventure, IMO. Was there a corporeal accomplice, as Primeiro had guessed? Or would prolonged proximity to Dodds' corpse have affected Jonas in some way? Or at least did Dodds think something beneficial would happen? Maybe something already has... I'm still leaning toward an accomplice. None of Dodds' other actions during the adventure suggested that he could move things around materially, at least not without him possessing a victim.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock, I sent you a note about your PC.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Nice dark twist.

Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

It's not quite over, even...
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

The biggest unsolved mystery of the adventure, IMO. Was there a corporeal accomplice, as Primeiro had guessed? Or would prolonged proximity to Dodds' corpse have affected Jonas in some way? Or at least did Dodds think something beneficial would happen? Maybe something already has... I'm still leaning toward an accomplice. None of Dodds' other actions during the adventure suggested that he could move things around materially, at least not without him possessing a victim.
I have to think this was the cyclops clowns.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Le Noir Faineant wrote::) From a lurker's perspective: AWESOME game, awesome conclusion. My compliments to you all, Sirs. :)
I still laugh every time I see your signature, Raph. A bitter, bitter laugh.