Would a MotRD campaign board be useful?

Discussing Masque of the Red Death

Would you like to see a MotRD/Modern campaign board added?

Yes, I have some ideas for an on-line campaign to run.
30%
Maybe... I would like to see some on-line campaigns but have no interest in running or playing in one.
60%
No, such a board would be a waste of time and space.
10%

Total votes: 20

Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Would a MotRD campaign board be useful?

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

We've had a few people mention an interest in starting a MotRD/Modern campaign, and it sounds like we would create a new board for such a campaign to be run (since the Cafe board is too Raevnloft-heavy to be appropriate). With some people mentioning an interest in such a board, I was curious if anyone else around here would want to create their own campaigns for such a board.

Please feel free to cast your vote and post your feedback here...

Jason of the Fraternity
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

Like what the K used to have?
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Drinnik Shoehorn wrote:Like what the K used to have?
Yes, it would be rather similar to what the Kargatane used to have. Basically, we're looking at potentially adding a fourth roleplaying board that would be for Masque of the Red Death and other more modern gothic horror settings. Since these campaigns wouldn't mesh very well with the campaigns in the Cafe, we figured a separate board would be the way to go.

The reason we're asking was to see what the public opinion was for such a thing. Would it be useful to anyone? Are people interested in creating/playing Gothic Earth adventures? Blah-blah-blah...
Chartreuse
Conspirator
Conspirator

Send...more...cops

Post by Chartreuse »

Speaking of Modern campaigns, I'm creating an adventure that will likely be of interest to any Romero fans that may be lurking about. Yes, my friends, a zombie RPG. :!:

It will begin in modern-day Pittsburgh, where the general populace of the city is still blissfully unaware of the deadly epidemic. Sure, there will be a few isolated cases of "rioting" and other questionable events reported around the city but nothing too unusual. That is, until a few hours later when all hell seems to break loose.

This will be your typical survivalist horror with a relatively high fatality rate. Not only will the PCs have to worry about gut-munching ghouls...they'll also have to be on the lookout for raiders, sweep-and-clear military units and other paranoid, disturbed individuals.

Right now, I?m in need of a few players. Since I'd rather not juggle multiple threads, I won?t accept more than 6 PCs, though I?ll probably allow for more as the adventure progresses.

If you'd like to join, just send me a brief description of your character, his/her occupational and family background, etc. To prevent power gaming, no military or National Guard PCs will be allowed (they'll be under DM control anyway), though police officers and highway patrolmen would be acceptable under certain circumstances.

Cheers,
Chartreuse
RAOUL: Christine! That’s not your dad! That’s just the Phantom!

VOICE FROM THE DAAÉ TOMB: NO IT’S NOT! I’M TOTALLY HER DAD! DADDY LOVES YOU, CHRISTINE!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hmm maybe the Paridon campaign could sneek in under the 'more modern classification'. Still deciding on if it should move to Gothic Earth. However it focussing on a train is... hmm.

Anyway, I believe that at this moment such a board would fail. However it depends on how many Gothic Earth fans are here right now.

Perhaps when 3rd Ed for Masque comes out? CoC might have sparked more interest. But in my experience such boards have failed in more recent attempts -both at Kargatane and Monte Hall.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Chartreuse wrote:Right now, I?m in need of a few players. Since I'd rather not juggle multiple threads, I won?t accept more than 6 PCs, though I?ll probably allow for more as the adventure progresses.
Unless your already at your limit, I would be interested in joining in the action. :D

Coan wrote:Hmm maybe the Paridon campaign could sneek in under the 'more modern classification'. Still deciding on if it should move to Gothic Earth.
If you decide that is what you would like to do, Coan, then let one of the moderators know. We can always transfer your threads to the new board (if we go through with adding one).
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I think the lack of response shows the answer, that and the poll.

Alas poor Gothic Earth RP, I never knew ye.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Send...more...cops

Post by VAN »

Chartreuse wrote:Speaking of Modern campaigns, I'm creating an adventure
Up to what level can we get?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Coan wrote:I think the lack of response shows the answer, that and the poll.
Yep, I think that pretty much answers that... :wink: It doesn't come as much of a surprise, but we would prefer to doublecheck with the members around here before making a definitive choice. Perhaps more interest will arise when the MotRD is rereleased. :roll:
Last edited by Jason of the Fraternity on Wed May 05, 2004 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Indeed.

For the mean time, why don't some of the fans of Masque of the Red Death review the materials?

We have a new section of the drawing room set up just for Masque of the red death.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Corrupted_Loremaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Corrupted_Loremaster »

Chartuse, if you don't already have a full roster, I'd be interested in joining. I tried to get something zombie related going a while back, but it never got off the ground, so I'd like to see what you have.
I think we're property...
That once upon a time, this earth was No-man's Land...but that now it's owned by Something:
That Something (now) owns this earth -- all others warned off. -Charles Fort
Malken/Ezekiel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malken/Ezekiel »

I'm supportive of the whole idea, but due to the obscurity of Masque, I'm afraid the actual activity may be too low to warrant it. I know that I probably can't commit myself to something like that now, however much I would like.

How about a board just dedicated to Modern Horror Roleplaying in general? That way, it people wouldn't have to deal with the Masque setting, unless they wanted to. (Of course, then it might not fit the Fraternity boards' profile...)
:twisted:/:mrgreen:[size=75]
- Malken/Ezekiel, your friendly neighbourhood personality-splinter.[/size]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Chartreuse, that is a good idea you got there :D

I'd be interested in joining but I have some questions, which I'll put to you in a PM :)
Swallow your soul!
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Malken/Ezekiel wrote:How about a board just dedicated to Modern Horror Roleplaying in general? That way, it people wouldn't have to deal with the Masque setting, unless they wanted to.
Actually that was part of our idea, which is why we're interested in the Masque/Modern RPG board. We could always keep it listed as a Modern Horro Roleplaying board, however, and just keep it open for those people who wish to run an actually MotRD campaign.

Due to an overall lack of interest at this time, it doesn't look like we'll be doing either. Creating a board for one campaign with only a couple threads isn't really necessary. 8)
drizzt_gr

Greetings

Post by drizzt_gr »

Greetings to all. Dimitris from Greece here, long time ad&d dm and player , strong motrd supporter.
Just noticed the board, and it's very interested. I'd be interested in a Gothic Earth campaign but unforunately I have no time to run one but only rather play.
So hello to everyone :)