Ghosts of Gauntcliff poll #3

Online roleplaying at the Café

Are you satisfied with the amount of mystery/investigation?

• Yes.
75%
• No, there’s too much investigation or mystery.
No votes
• No, there’s not enough investigation or mystery.
25%

Total votes: 4

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ghosts of Gauntcliff poll #3

Post by ewancummins »

Pay your poll-tax.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ghosts of Gauntcliff poll #3

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Gimme more! ... And get me polls that don't tell me I've submitted invalid forms.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

It feels a bit early to say. There is mistery, all right, but we haven't done any proper investigation so far, so...

I voted no because I feel the answers should be separated. There IS enough mistery, there is not, in my opinion, enough investigation yet, although that is to blame on us or the timing of the poll.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

I'm satisfied, since the mystery/mysteries have been discovered, at least in part, by our actions. That is, we didn't have to explore the abbey ruins yesterday, and the attack on Everline may or may not have had something to do with her visit to The Waters. (I feel a need to add, "Dun dun DUNNNNN" after that.) That's cool with me.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Yup. Your choices matter as much as my notes (or the rules, or random stuff). Like other games I run, this isn't a heavily scripted, linear adventure. There is a full backstory, which you may discover in play.

I try to run the sort of campaign I'd want to play in, but I'm aware that my tastes may not always match those of my players. That's one reason I occassionally take these polls. It's useful to get some feedback.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

I want more mystery, more intrigue and more investigation! I will however hold on making my vote for the time being so far it is only day two of the game! I want to see what happens with additional guests before I make my vote.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.