Ghosts of Gauntcliff Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ghosts of Gauntcliff Chapter Four

Post by ewancummins »

The Side Parlor-

Just a short time after Eustace cries out in fear, you all hear knocking at the door to the hall.
A low, unfamiliar voice calls from the other side of the door, "Is everything alright in there?"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Juergin

Gruz whispers, "Bad things coming, we hide."

Juergin hears hoofbeats and the jingle of harness in the street.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Benn-
Adam wrote:"Just once," Benn mutters, "I wish something just came out of the bushes and talked to me when I tried that."

Not really seeing any other signs or landmarks, he wanders towards the noise.

Benn enters the verge of the green forest. Wandering about, he soon find a trail that leads deeper into the woods.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio stifles a deep yawn as his comrades shake him back into wakefulness. "Again? By the black...this is more than just my drinking, yes? It has to be an attack, or something not wanting us to keep going down the road we're going..."

"The girl, it may be that she could tell us nothing we haven't already learned, if she really was that young...I am not eager to dig up a girl's body if we don't think it could help us. I say we go straightway to the abbey."
Last edited by Brock Marsh Runoff on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Juergin nods. For now he won't ask, figuring the time for questions can come later.

The lad melds into the shadows best he can.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

If Eustace has cast his spell, he answers to the door, without opening it.

"Who is it?"

If not, he waits for someone else to do it.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Juergin nods. For now he won't ask, figuring the time for questions can come later.

The lad melds into the shadows best he can.

After a short while the sound of hoofbeats fades, replaced by silence.

Gruz whispers,''Maybe safe now.''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SIDE PARLOR-
Ail wrote:If Eustace has cast his spell, he answers to the door, without opening it.

"Who is it?"

The voice answers, ''Mikel the footman, sir. I heard what sounded like a woman cry out in terror.''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Juergin whispers "Was that the Dodd's? What do the bells mean? Can you lead me to the Fat One?"

The lad whispers to Dark One "Look outside. Can you sense Benn at all?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Juergin whispers "Was that the Dodd's? What do the bells mean? Can you lead me to the Fat One?"

The lad whispers to Dark One "Look outside. Can you sense Benn at all?"

Smezel replies, "The Dodds not here, uhh...Dunno where the Sleepless Ones take fat human."

Gruz raises his voice a little."Fat bells in fat house. So fat!" He holds up his arms with his hands held wide as if to mime ''really big."

Dark One peels off Juergin's back and creeps out the window.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Why do the bells toll?"

Juergins mind reaches out to Dark One, in a low whisper. Dark One, try to find Benn in this odd city.

The lad talks in a low voice to Gruz and Smezel..

"Guys, I need to find my fat friend Benn and get all of us out of here........."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JUERGIN-
tarlyn wrote:"Why do the bells toll?"

Juergins mind reaches out to Dark One, in a low whisper. Dark One, try to find Benn in this odd city.

The lad talks in a low voice to Gruz and Smezel..

"Guys, I need to find my fat friend Benn and get all of us out of here........."
Juergin hears something moving in the back of the room, where the darkness hangs thick, impenetrable.

Three ragged men armed with cutlasses reel out of the gloom. Their throats are all sliced through, mirthless red smiles below the chin.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Juergin remains silent at the sight of the men with cut throats. Very bizarre, he thinks to himself. This is a strange place indeed. We need to find Benn then get out of here ASAP.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Dorgio stifles a deep yawn as his comrades shake him back into wakefulness? "Again? By the black...this is more than just my drinking, yes? It has to be an attack, or something not wanting us to keep going down the road we're going..."

"The girl, it may be that she could tell us nothing we haven't already learned, if she really was that young...I am not eager to dig up a girl's body if we don't think it could help us. I say we go straightway to the abbey."
Thom shakes his head and stifles a yawn after he his shaken awake. It takes him a few seconds longer than usual to process what Dorgio is saying. "If this is an attack, we should proceed with caution..."

"Yes I would rather not have to exhume the dead girl's body. I agree we should make our way to the abbey."
ewancummins wrote:SIDE PARLOR-
Ail wrote:If Eustace has cast his spell, he answers to the door, without opening it.

"Who is it?"

The voice answers, ''Mikel the footman, sir. I heard what sounded like a woman cry out in terror.''
Thom lets out a loud, tired, laugh. Then shouts so he can be heard through the door. "We are all well and good." He says.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Side Parlor-
The footman says,
''Oh, alright, then. "
And then Thom hears the servant retreat from the door, footfalls receding in the hallway.