Birthright: Tuornen IC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: Tuornen IC

Post by Adam »

Cormac curses and draws another arrow.

"That all you got, ye gutter rats!" he shouts as he lets fly once gain, targetting the creature that threw the javelin at him.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Other side of the building--

Riders form up outside the closed wicket with guttering torches and naked swords.

One of the horsemen spurs his mount close to the gate and shouts.

''Come on out and give up. We aint going to kill any who don't fight. We just want money and beer. "
The Huntsman raises a single arm and points at spot just behind the horseman who spoke, "There." He says and a bolt of lightning strikes where he pointed...
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:
Other side of the building--

Riders form up outside the closed wicket with guttering torches and naked swords.

One of the horsemen spurs his mount close to the gate and shouts.

''Come on out and give up. We aint going to kill any who don't fight. We just want money and beer. "
The Huntsman raises a single arm and points at spot just behind the horseman who spoke, "There." He says and a bolt of lightning strikes where he pointed...

A bolt of lightning blasts down from the roiling thunderhead above the inn and strikes the ground-- arcing into the metal swords and harness of the lead rider and the rider just behind him.
The lead rider jerks hard, standing up in the saddle with his arms flung wide as his horse leaps over the wicket gate, smoke pouring from its flared nostrils. The horse gallops around the courtyard, nearly bowling over the Huntsman, as the silent rider reels in the saddle, his flaming cloak streaming behind him in the wind.

A quick look shows the Huntsman that the second rider from the wicket is now trapped under his fallen mount. The stricken mare kicks and screams--a horrid sound--while the man weeps and tries to pull his leg from under the frightened beast.

The other mounted brigands turn their horses' heads and flee!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Cathedral
tarlyn wrote:Dominica, spying Rennault, looks in his direction and smiles at him wryly. She pats the space next to her as she eyes him, as if asking if he wishes to sit next to her or not.

He sees movement from the corner of his eye, and turns to see the redhead from earlier. If there is surprise, it doesn't show. For a moment he looks as if he's considering her offer, but then he looks at her, taps his bow, then his badge of office, and resumes scanning the growing crowd.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

VAN wrote:Filbert that follows Roald says:

"Look at this place, seems really well organized. It has a fast way out in case Baubb needs to ecsaape. I'm afraid he has made more than one strange toys that probably can controll from distance. He isn't just a toymaker, more like a pupeteer...Anyway, do you have any torch or other source of light? If not better go back we can't risk stay without light in the tunnel. We can go back and then come back with soldiers even if that means Baubb will put more distance between him and us but I believe our men with horses can get him, after all we know how he looks like. But if you do have a torch or another candlle lets proceed."

"I don't think we want to give him too much of a head start. We can use the candle for a light source so long as you don't mind holding it. If you feel that's not enough light, there's probably flask of lamp oil somewhere in the house. Stuff a rage into it and it can server as a torch."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

A bolt of lightning blasts down from the roiling thunderhead above the inn and strikes the ground-- arcing into the metal swords and harness of the lead rider and the rider just behind him.
The lead rider jerks hard, standing up in the saddle with his arms flung wide as his horse leaps over the wicket gate, smoke pouring from its flared nostrils. The horse gallops around the courtyard, nearly bowling over the Huntsman, as the silent rider reels in the saddle, his flaming cloak streaming behind him in the wind.

A quick look shows the Huntsman that the second rider from the wicket is now trapped under his fallen mount. The stricken mare kicks and screams--a horrid sound--while the man weeps and tries to pull his leg from under the frightened beast.

The other mounted brigands turn their horses' heads and flee!
Unsheathing his longsword the Huntsman moves over to the downed rider and his mount, he jumps over the wicket gate using his free hand to provide support. Lifting his sword he plunges deep into the beasts neck, putting it out of its misery.

"It would seem the Storm Lord has blessed me in many ways this night." He says looking down at the trapped brigand.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Ok, I agree with you. Lets get the flask of oil and then go after Baubb. I can see a bit in dark but of course not in complete dark, I need some light as well. And want to make sure we have the candle or the torch once in the tunnel."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Under Baubb's House-
VAN wrote:"Ok, I agree with you. Lets get the flask of oil and then go after Baubb. I can see a bit in dark but of course not in complete dark, I need some light as well. And want to make sure we have the candle or the torch once in the tunnel."

After Filbert makes a crude torch, he and Roald venture down the earth-walled tunnel under the house. Filbert walks down the tunnel while Roald crawls or goes crab-wise with a blade out before him...

After a short passage through the gloomy tunnel, Filbert and Roald see a glimmer of light ahead-- a little further and they emerge from the side of a brushy hill in the cool evening air. The sky is still light but the sun has already set. Stretching his limbs, Roald can once more stand to his full height. Looking about, the two see the walls of Haes just a few paces behind them and the river less than a spears’ cast ahead. A small wheeled cart, just big enough for one man, lies flipped over in the bushes to the left of the tunnel.
Roald catches sight of a boat pushing off at the water’s edge, with two men in it. One looks fat, the other lean.
Across the river, the watch-lanterns of Haes’ rival city of Lofton spring to life in the deepening twilight.
The men in the boat begin to row towards Lofton…
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Roald sheaths his sword and begins wrapping a rag around an arrow.

"What do you think are our chancse that the fat man on that boat is our toy maker?"
Last edited by Varrus the Ethical on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Huntsman, just outside the courtyard of the Auld Oak

The injured, trapped brigand holds up his right hand, palm open and foward.
''I surrender-- have mercy!"

Cormac and Gunnar, the western end of the Auld Oak

With arrows and hurled knives, the two men drive back the goblin skirmishers. Three dead or badly injured goblins lie on the muddy ground as the others run away into the dark night.

Both men hear noises from inside the bar--sounds of combat!

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cathedral-

Renn's search turns up nothing suspicious.

Trumpets sound just after the last of a multitude of candles and lanterns have been lit within the cathedral.
Drums roll in the street, followed by organ music from the gallery behind the altar.

Devlin Flaertes, resplendent in his coronation robes, enters preceded by armed guards and followed by a train of servants.

Everyone stands and bows or curtseys to the new ruler as he walks down the center aisle...

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Cathedral-

Renn's search turns up nothing suspicious.

Trumpets sound just after the last of a multitude of candles and lanterns have been lit within the cathedral.
Drums roll in the street, followed by organ music from the gallery behind the altar.

Devlin Flaertes, resplendent in his coronation robes, enters preceded by armed guards and followed by a train of servants.

Everyone stands and bows or curtseys to the new ruler as he walks down the center aisle...

The red haired noble, Dominica, bows as everyone else, but if Devlin looks at all in her direction she will offer him a demure smile and nod.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"An' stay out, yeh rats!" Cormac shouts as the goblins retreat into the woods. He chuckles, but then curses as he hears the sounds of combat coming from inside the bar.

"Ah, what now?" he grumbles, moving to the edge of the roof.

"This ain' good," he mumbles as he looks for a quick way to get to the ground.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Gunnar goes into the bar to take care of any enemies that may be in the bar .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

The Huntsman, just outside the courtyard of the Auld Oak

The injured, trapped brigand holds up his right hand, palm open and forward.
''I surrender-- have mercy!"
"I have no intentions on killing you, just going to ask a few questions." The Huntsman says pulling his longsword free of the horse's neck. "If you answer truthfully, I'll tend to your wounds and turn you over to the sheriff. If not.." He says stopping mid-sentence and then shrugs.

"Do you understand?"