Birthright: Tuornen IC

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Birthright: Tuornen IC

Post by VAN »

"What kind of place is this!"Says Filbert to himself. His first instict was to try and catch thsi strange toy but decided against it. He feels the urge to leave this house, was much better if proper soldiers come here. So he gets the rattle at one hand and his dagger at the other and goes downstairs trying to have his back at the wall all the time though so he doesn't get surpised from behind again.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Auld Oak-
Lord Skybolt wrote:Gunnar moves on to those that are preparing to go back to there farms and/or checking for places to hide gathers them up into a group to speak with them:"What are you going to do hide like cowards or go back to your farms to do the same . We must stop them here and now as they will not stop at just this Inn along the road in there search loot and women . If they get past those already trying to defend this place do you think they will have mercy on you . It better to stand and fight than die in some hole that you may tried to hide in either here or at your home ."Gunnar says at length to those that looked as if they were going to sit out the fight either by hiding here at the inn in the cellar or fleeing to there farms . Gunnar glares at any that try to interrupt his speech to trying to flee from the coming fight .
Gunnar's cold glare freezes cowards in their tracks, and his bellicose words put fire in the hearts of the braver folk.

Someone calls out-''Gunnar is a soldier. Make him acting sheriff to lead us!"

Brennan pounds both fists against the bar and shouts-

''Gunnar is the leader!"
A ragged cheer, some hasty gulps to finish off mugs already filled, and the local folk gather round to recieve orders...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Ok now I need to know who has a bow or crossbow with them now . Those that have a crossbow or bow I want behind the barricades to shoot over it at any enemies that come into range ."Gunnar pausing to see who has a ranged weapon with them now . "Those that don't have a either a crossbow or bow with them now will pair up those that have a crossbow or bow and help defend them against attacks that make it past ranged fire we throw at the enemy ." Gunnar continues his thoughts out loud .

After seeing who has a long range weapon to use in the upcoming fight and who does not he looks at the noncombatants(Old folks/Kids/etc.) . "Brennan take these folks to the cellar ."Gunnar saying to Brennan so he can get them out of the way for the upcoming fight .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The men with hunting weapons prepare to defend the inn. Others set up barricades or help move the noncombatants to the cellar.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"What's wrong, Jester?" says Roald as he enters the bed room.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert looks at Roald really relieved he sees him.

"I was coming to look for you Roald but something has tried to strangle me! And was smaller than me, was a small humanoid shape no bigger than a child's doll, maybe a toy. And look I have found this at the chest. It rattles. I checked the window but doubt Baubb could escape from there, but I might be wrong. There should be at least another room in this house, where Baubb was making the toys and maybe he is hiding there or maybe we can get something more about him from there. I just hope that isn't a secret room because will take too much time to search the whole house. I don't like it here, it's sinister. The only thing that I know for sure is that Baubb was expecting Duke's people come after him and that he makes toys that can strangle...That toy should still be under the bed by the way."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Roald puts his bow away and draws his sword. "Let's see if that 'toy' is still in there, then."

Roald grabs the bed frame on one end and flips it over.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Cormac curses as he climbs up to the roof of the inn, finding a spot where he can see out towards the bandits. "This is what I get for offerin' to help," he grumbles, figuring out his ranges and preparing. "All I wanted to do was catch some stupid poachers."

He shuffles in a belt pouch, pulling out a handful of wilted, dry looking berries into the palm of his hand. Closing his eyes, he chants quietly to himself, invoking a small flash of light around his closed fist. As he opens his eyes and the light fades, he nods to himself upon finding the berries plumped back out to full size and almost seeming to glow with an internal light.

With a grunt of satisfaction he drops the berries back into his pocket and settles into a crouch with his bow and arrow ready.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

--Outside the Cathedral--

Rennault nods, listening to his sergeant's report with a furrowed brow. "Good work, sergeant. Is not much to go on, but to be honest it's more than I had hoped." A poisoner in court? It wasn't the most scandalous thing he had heard. In the wilds of his homeland, he'd heard tale of wise women who'd do the same thing for desperate young women. But still, a poisoner was a poisoner.

"I spoke with our Duke Apparent," he continues. "His Grace wishes for us to personally conduct his security at this coronation. This could be a big feather in all of our caps--if we do it right. If not, we'd better start heading for Ghonallison while we still have legs to carry us."

"I want men posted within and without the Cathedral. Anybody looks suspicious, anybody so much as farts off key, I want to know, sergeant."

With that, he enters the cathedral and begins searching for the best vantage point from which to observe the coronation, some point from which he can keep an eye out for potential regicides while giving him enough room to act should someone make an attempt on the Devlin's life. He also looks for the kinds of shadows and nooks a would-be killer might hide in.
Last edited by Brock Marsh Runoff on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Gunnar gets to the business of directing the "militia" to erect barricades to slow down and funnel enemy "troops" to within easy bow shot of the windows of the road house . Also direct the militia to block up windows and other ways that small(goblins) troops may try to get into the inn through .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Seeing the clockwork gears in the face of the wooden attacker, Devlin aims his attacks at them, hoping to cause the automation to fail.

"Guards! Smash the thing, blades seem to have little effect!"
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Dominica, spying Rennault, looks in his direction and smiles at him wryly. She pats the space next to her as she eyes him, as if asking if he wishes to sit next to her or not.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Devlin-

Devlin drives his rapier into the unprotected lattice of gears and wires. The blade almost twists from his grasp when the automaton jerks and leaps like a mad marionette. A fat cook and a kitchen boy flip the table under the assassin, causing the mechanical man to fall backward to the floor. Guards fall on it, smashing with boots, halberd butts, mugs, and wooden chairs. By the time Devlin has caught his breath, Baubb's creation has been reduced to a tangle of shattered wood and twisted metal. Scraps of cloth, pools of spilt beer, and bits of porcelain surround the wrecked machine like the traces of a wild party.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Baubb's House

Flipping the bed is easy, but Roald can't see very well in the gloom.
He finds a candle near the bed, and is able to light it after a few tries with flint and steel.

Under the bed, Roald and Filbert discover a (closed) trap door with a short rope handle. It looks big enough for a full grown man to use.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Great job Roald! Let me check something, sometimes these trapdoors have traps. I don't know much about searching but can give it a try."

Filbert gets to one knee and with his dagger pats the floor around the trap door trying to a find any kind of mecchanism then gets a piece of wire from his pocket and passes it from the small gup between the floor and the trapdoor.
- W H A T ! ? !