Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

This is the OOC thread for the new Birthright PbP game.

First a quick Q&A for interested parties-

What is the Tuornen campaign?

It is a fantasy action, intrigue, and kingdom-building game run with the AD&D 2E rules and the Birthright campaign setting.

Is this a sequel to Mists over the Musarde or Realms of Dread?
No.

Why hasn’t there been open recruitment on this site?
The roster filled up very quickly.

Can new players still join?

Not at the moment, but I may announce open recruitment if multiple players postpone or bail out due to busy schedules. I don’t want to exclude anybody, but I can’t run a dozen or more players at once.

Lurkers are certainly welcome!

edit-
PC Death- If your guy dies, barring some incredible miracle; he’s D-E-A-D.
At that point, one of three things happens with you as a player:
1. You take a break and somebody else comes in to play a new PC.
2. You are granted a new PC slot. Roll up a new guy with my advice and consent.
3. I rule that no new PCs are to be introduced at that time; the slot remains empty till I decide it should be filled.

Waiting list: If anyone wants to get on the waiting list, go ahead and post to that effect in the OOC thread. If approved, I will add your name to the list.

LIST-

Ben

Alhoon
Last edited by ewancummins on Sat May 04, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: Tuornen OOC

Post by ewancummins »

I'll draw and post a map of Haes.

I added a ramshackle, all wood construction, docks district. The official map didn't really have anyplace to unload goods. I've fixed this.

Riverside is economically important because it's the port district, but money tends to flow through it and into the pockets of merchants and tax collectors inside the walls.
Immigrants without much money, blacksheep nobles down on their luck, whores, bawds, thieves, and roustabouts live in this part of the town.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Just trying to get a sense of how our characters are related. My characters a Ghonallison, right? Since Devlin is a Flaertes, does that mean that our characters would know each other, but not be part of the same line?

And where in relation to Riverside are the Ghonallisons' lands?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Riverside is adjacent to the City of Haes-- it's a dockside subrurb.

The Ghonallison lands are up north.

Here's a map of the whole duchy:

http://www.halfblogre.com/wp-content/up ... n-Hex1.png

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

As a young son of one of the important families (when a province bears your name, that tends to mean you are big stuff), there's a fair chance your PC has met Jmaytr's PC before, maybe at court and maybe on some other occasion.

PM about your guy's background.

EDIT- And, yes, you aren't part of the same line.
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I rolled for suprise, but he isn't surprised. The Huntsman just got spotted.

We might as well use the dice roller.

Init for bandit is 1d10+7

[dice]0[/dice]+7

Goes on a modified 10 (lower is faster)

His action will be to sprint and attack (once)

Your action, Mike?

If you beat him on initiative, you may evade him/break contact, if you so choose.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Init for a medium size creature is 5 correct?

Want to evade and break contact so this bandit can lead him to the others.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

[dice]0[/dice]

Full move away from bad guy with mace.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:[dice]169642:0[/dice]

Full move away from bad guy with mace.
okay- no problems

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

bandit searching-

(surprise) [dice]0[/dice]

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

[dice]0[/dice] surprise
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

init bandito

[dice]0[/dice]+7

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

init [dice]1[/dice] +5
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Go ahead and roll attack.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

attack
[dice]0[/dice]+3

damage if I hit [dice]1[/dice]+4