The Nightingale - OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: The Nightingale - OOC

Post by VAN »

ewancummins wrote:Sure, although who knows-- maybe Boiros can get away?

Doesn't seem likely, but it could be possible.

He may not speak Darkonese, but did he see the Legate make the 'chop motion' during translation?

He could run like heck. Grab a horse and skeedaddle.

Or attack The Legate!

If he's going to die, might as well die fighting, right?
I have thought about running or attack the Legate or Otto as well Ewan, but any action Boiros does, stand and run or fight or cast a spell will provoke AoO meaning he will die most probably. I'm just waiting for Raf to say if I have to roll Init or no. And if Boiros does have another action will do something for sure.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Sure, roll. :)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

If you cast defensively and can make a spell craft check i believe you can cast without provoking that attack of opportunity. <.< Also since i'm not sure if the Legate and them know Mordentish then they may not understand the spell you do. Not sure if you have anything that could save you, again i don't know the negatives me and Nicodemus are at but with a possible nice roll one of them might be able to get up. xD

I'm just sad your turn seemingly got skipped a little bit when you didn't get on for awhile when Nicodemus ran up to my body. I figured you would with nicodemus as well. So it sounds like Raf wants to end the game did I read that right?
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Le Noir Faineant

kintire wrote:wait you're ending the game? already? but we've hardly started!
Not quite - the thing is just, we have run for some time now, and some of the players got killed TWICE already.

If the others want to come back with new characters, I'll be fine, but if it's really just Ewan and you surviving,
I am inclined to let you ride into the sunrise, out of the reasons I mentioned.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Zilfer wrote:If you cast defensively and can make a spell craft check i believe you can cast without provoking that attack of opportunity. <.< Also since i'm not sure if the Legate and them know Mordentish then they may not understand the spell you do. Not sure if you have anything that could save you, again i don't know the negatives me and Nicodemus are at but with a possible nice roll one of them might be able to get up. xD

I'm just sad your turn seemingly got skipped a little bit when you didn't get on for awhile when Nicodemus ran up to my body. I figured you would with nicodemus as well. So it sounds like Raf wants to end the game did I read that right?
I do have a spell that maybe is handy. But they don't need to speak the language to understand that Boiros is casting a spell. He will have his holly symbol at hand and it will start glowing etc...so guess Otto will understand that is a spell and he will attack.

Init 4...http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810350/ It is fate I guess :(

I think with cast defensively you have only a bonus at the concentration not that you don't get AoO. Anyway Otto will attack before Boiros anyway.

What is the damage Ewan, do I have an action or Boiros dies immediately?
Last edited by VAN on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Le Noir Faineant wrote:
Not quite - the thing is just, we have run for some time now, and some of the players got killed TWICE already.

If the others want to come back with new characters, I'll be fine, but if it's really just Ewan and you surviving,
I do want to play another cleric Raf...maybe one that arrived at the scene. Maybe a word has arrived to Anchorites of what happened at the village and send someone to check as well. One from Darkon, if possible higher rank than the Legate so he doesn't kill that one as well...My cleric can be the Bishop's follower for example. But this is up to you.
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:
Zilfer wrote:If you cast defensively and can make a spell craft check i believe you can cast without provoking that attack of opportunity. <.< Also since i'm not sure if the Legate and them know Mordentish then they may not understand the spell you do. Not sure if you have anything that could save you, again i don't know the negatives me and Nicodemus are at but with a possible nice roll one of them might be able to get up. xD

I do have a spell that maybe is handy. But they don't need to speak the language to understand that Boiros is casting a spell. He will have his holly symbol at hand and it will start glowing etc...so guess Otto will understand that is a spell and he will attack.

Init 4...http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810350/ It is fate I guess :(

I think with cast defensively you have only a bonus at the concentration not that you don't get AoO. Anyway Otto will attack before Boiros anyway.

What is the damage Ewan, do I have an action or Boiros dies immediately?

13 points, dude.

Brutal.

Boiros is dying, looks like.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OK, another one bites the dust...

- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Le Noir Faineant wrote:

Yeah, I'm fine with ending it.

I honestly don't see how any functional party is going to emerge from the flaming, blood-soaked wreckage.

Next time, I strongly suggest that we start our PCs as a party, already bound by ties of common affection and/or interest.

But if Kintire still wants to play and Van is down with making a new PC, I'd be happy to continue.

I liked Varian a lot. But he was a bad PC for such a tightly plotted game. Too much backstory, too complex, and no good reasons to stay in town.

In retrospect, I should have said that he had been in town for weeks or months and was madly in love with Caitlin. Then he'd have a reason to stay and investigate, intead of skipping town when freaky stuff started.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Varian did the right thing i thing, was just unlucky he died because of the spell or whatever that was. Otherwise he and Xvaril would have left and be ok.
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Varian did the right thing i thing, was just unlucky he died because of the spell or whatever that was. Otherwise he and Xvaril would have left and be ok.

Yep.

I don't think anybody played out of character. No metagaming issues, IMO.

Le Noir Faineant

I am glad I did this game here, even though we hardly had the time to develop the plot as I had wanted.

However, sometimes, it's just bad luck. :wink:

I am not going to spoil the adventure, in case I want to return to the theme some time in the future.

...But if you wonder what I had in mind, check the movie Mama, by Guillermo del Toro.

Also, the bloody cloth is from the movie Sinister; more than just a random pick.

Hehehehe.
Le Noir Faineant

Wrapping things up right now.

So, is there interest in running something in Mordred?

The Nightingale, as I just decided, will eventually return to Ravenloft... On Halloween 2013. That's a promise.

Mwahahaha.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Kewl beans

:diamabel:

Le Noir Faineant

That said - if we continued something in Mordred RIGHT NOW, would you guys be game?

I have written an adventure, called "His Own Sorrow", that I wouldn't mind to test with this group.