The Nightingale - OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Nightingale - OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Le Noir Faineant wrote:That said - if we continued something in Mordred RIGHT NOW, would you guys be game?

I have written an adventure, called "His Own Sorrow", that I wouldn't mind to test with this group.

Sounds cool.

I'd have to consider my time use and obligations, though.

Let's see what the other guys think. I'll let you know.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Thanks. :) Now, let's be clear - I'd be doing this as a favor to you guys, only, and because it wouldn't hit too much on my free time.

Like, I feel like I am bowing out on the group a bit; after all, we started the game only about two months ago.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Le Noir Faineant wrote:Thanks. :) Now, let's be clear - I'd be doing this as a favor to you guys, only, and because it wouldn't hit too much on my free time.

Like, I feel like I am bowing out on the group a bit; after all, we started the game only about two months ago.
TEMPUS FUGIT!

two months...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Doesn't feel like two months.... though it probably doesn't feel like that when you check the board every day while at work looking for updates from people that can't dedicate as much time. Then disappearing every weekend for my own DMing game. xD now if only i could run a ravenloft campaign that I thought matched the setting without a million laughs popping up in the sessions.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Otto’s first night with Caitlin

The executioner-cum-mayor closes and bolts the door. He props his gigantic axe against the wall and removes his black cloak, still speckled with the blood of his victims. Stalking towards the frightened girl with heavy tread, he pulls the executioner's hood from his face to reveal...

click it
VIEW CONTENT:
A gray metal mask: eyes like slate orbs, slit mouth, no ears visible, a whorled alien sigil stamped on the brow. No, not a mask; the stern image is...its...face.
With the cloak cast aside, the lantern light in the close shuttered room reveals to Caitlin the awful truth: this is no living man, but an animate construct fashioned of wood and steel.
"Betray my trust and I will be forced to that that which I would not do. You have seen my work. The villagers expect this. We must not disappoint. It is what powerful men do-- take women. Keep my secret and you will be rewarded with life and power.
And no man will touch you.
Ever.
My bride.
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Le Noir Faineant

So, thank you guys.

Was a pleasure! :)

I wish I had more time for Ravenloft - it's still probably my first love in the world of RPGs.

Too bad the restrictions on the setting are of such that one can't really do any writing for it for $ any more. :)

As I said, I am seriously thinking about doing another PBP set in the Lantern Bearer's continuity for Mordred.

If you like, join. :)

BUT you would have to let me know within the next 48 hours, or I'd do an open recruitment.

Like, I love you guys, and all those who participate in RLO, but I am obviously not against some more viral promo, so to speak.

Most player-relevant info, you can find here: http://www.dndonlinegames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10891

Let me know. :)

Pleased to be your Dungeon Master!

Rafe
Le Noir Faineant

ewancummins wrote:Otto’s first night with Caitlin

The executioner-cum-mayor closes the door and draws the bolt. He props his gigantic axe against the wall and removes his black cloak, still speckled with the blood of his victims. Stalking towards the frightened girl with heavy tread, he pulls the executioner's hood from his face to reveal...

click it
VIEW CONTENT:
A gray metal mask: eyes like slate orbs, slit mouth, no ears visible, a whorled alien sigil stamped on the brow. No, not a mask; the stern eidolon is...its...face.
With the cloak cast aside, the lantern light in the close shuttered room reveals to Caitlin the awful truth: this is no living man, but an animate construct fashioned of wood and steel.
"Betray my trust and I will be forced to that that which I would not do. You have seen my work. The villagers expect this. We must not disappoint. It is what powerful men do-- take women. Keep my secret and you will be rewarded with life and power.
And no man will touch you.
Ever.
My bride.

One of the greatest characters you ever played, my friend. Not joking here. :azalin:
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Le Noir Faineant wrote:
One of the greatest characters you ever played, my friend. Not joking here. :azalin:
Thanks!

Edited one fifty-cent word after I realized that it's usage was slightly off.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Caitlin is slave to a warforged? That could be worse!

I'd like to play in a(nother) Mordred game. I might play Caitlin again, or an alternate world version. I think she is an interesting character and I didn't really get going with her.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OK excuse my ignorance but Mordred is another setting? If it is still based on 3rd edition you can count me in :) Just tell me the basics of the setting and what level we should get.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Pretty much the same as VAN here. ^

:P *likes to think the Voice is now in the voice of Ammanas when it returns 3 years later...* xD
Last edited by Zilfer on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Le Noir Faineant

Mordred is MY setting, Vannie, to be released as a book in print some time next year.

Now, funnily enough, the editing process is as intense as writing it again from scratch, so I am happy to get what DMing practice I can. :)

Mordred is... Different. It's set in sort of a proto-Africa, where beastmen races have taken over from the usual D&D PHB entourage,
and a tribe of fugitive vikings has wrestled the lands away from the indigenous population based on... Influenza.

In terms of literary inspiration, think, maybe, Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince Chronicles, or Philip José Farmer's "Opar" circle.

So, when I say "different", it's not to sell it to you guys, but... Because it's really different from usual D&D.

Very ostensibly inspired in stuff like Tekumel, Dragon Quest, Dawnforge, and, well, virtually everything BUT the settings we have played together.

Level would be 1, basic info is here: http://www.dndonlinegames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10891

We would start by next week, because I first need to squash some details out about where to run the game, and,
obviously, how to condense the adventure in question into PBP format. :)

Hehehehehe. You won't regret that. :twisted:
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

*edited my post above but if you didn't see it.... reposted the edit*

*likes to think the Voice is now in the voice of Ammanas when it returns 3 years later...* xD

Le Noir Faineant

So, squashing this out with the Powers That Be.

I think, we should be ready to run about next week. :)

...And if you don't want to join, no worries. I'll return to Ravenloft eventually. But likely, not before the fall of 2013. :)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Are there wizards as class at your game? Because I think I will go back to wizard as class.

Do we have the classic 32 points for stats, the classic feats and skills and the starting gold according to PHB or are any other rules at your game Raf?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!