The Nightingale, Act II: A Village By Night

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Nightingale, Act II: A Village By Night

Post by ewancummins »

Varian just shrugs and walks on...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Delete.
Last edited by Zilfer on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Really surprised, Boiros looks up trying to spot where the cloth came from and then checks the cloth. Noticing the blood and the hunged people looks at everyone around him for a second, frustration and fear and clear at his look. Handing the piece of cloth to Ammanas, Boiros closes his eyes and makes a small prayer to Ezra for these people. Then he says:

"Something terrible is happening here, we have to move. We have to do something for these people! Maiden be by my side and help me defeat the dark and whatever goes with it."

Then he turns to Nicodemus and says:

"Can you follow the tracks? We need to hurry."
Last edited by VAN on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

"I can try," Nicodemus says softly. He quickly turns back to the heavier tracks and redoubles his efforts to follow their path.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Varian just shrugs and walks on...

"What kind of madness is this road, Varian? Some odd magicks are at work here. Let us get as far as we can from this accursed place."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Varian just shrugs and walks on...

"What kind of madness is this road, Varian? Some odd magicks are at work here. Let us get as far as we can from this accursed place."

Varian doesn't answer, only shakes his head and hastens his steps.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Ammanas takes the cloth questioningly and looks to Boiros not understanding a word that comes from the foreigners mouth. Whatever he was spouting, it sounded urgent and the blood on the cloth seemed convincing enough. He at this point had made up his mind, after looking up from where the cloth had fallen to see if he could see anything.

"I suggest we find the mayor, if he questions why we are out at night, the flaming horse burst into the Inn and we thought it was pertinent to inform him before the morning, and that their patrols seem to have gone missing..." said Ammanas folding the cloth up and storing it away for later. "Pray this is not another incursion from the grey realm. They will come for blood. If you can't find those tracks I say we go immediately."

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Caitlin nervously translates for Boiros and Ammanus, looking around. The silent village seems to have dispelled any desire to leave the company of the others!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

After Caitlin's translation Boiros looks a bit surprised at Ammanas and says hoping someone translates:

"I don't know the rules of your country cleric, but where I come from when we see a cloth of blood with hunged men on and a flaming horse that belongs to one of the men send to get help we go and find these men. Inform the Mayor might get precious time, these men are somewhere out there hanged, prey for wolves or other monsters. You do know what may happen if couple men die from horrible death, frustrated, with the feeling that nobody will come for them and unburried right? They might not find their way to inner peace and get stuck in our world and become ghosts...do you want to risk that Ammanas? I say better get moving as fast as we can and try to find these poor souls and give them a proper funeral now we have time. I'm sure the innkeeper will inform the Mayor himself even if we are gone."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

At Boiros' consern Ammanas nods understanding the worry that such an event can occur, though he disagrees at the source of ghosts. "Such inner peace does not exist after life. We've stolen life from the dead and they always come to recollect what we have stolen. It is the sins and the weakness of man that allows these incursions into our world. Hopefully the Innkeeper, informs the mayor soon then. Let us follow those tracks then for they should lead us to these supposed bodies." said Ammanas before looking to Nicodemus, and adding a side comment. "Be ready, I'd like not to end up like the patrolmen if possible."

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Edited my post since Boiros is unable to talk. I will post after Raf's post.
Last edited by VAN on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Varian's voice remains gone.

The warrior feels air coming out of his mouth, and his vocal cords tremble. But his voice remains mute.

As Varian, the mule, and the gnome make their way through the mud, they notice the first sound since the fall of the dark:

Nightbirds, in the trees. They do not sing, but you can hear the sound of their wings. Clearly.

Birds.

Must be birds.

At the stables, Boiros feels the touch of magic on him, for a small moment, an echo of the spell he cast before.

Then, he tries to reply to Amannas. But his voice dies in his mouth.

On the roof of the stable... No. Further away.

Running.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Edit, sorry thought I was on OOC :oops:
Last edited by VAN on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Get that into the OOC thread, please. :)
Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varian marches on, now and then glancing up into the trees and shining his lantern in the branches.