Changelings Part II: A Holiday In The Sun

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings Part II: A Holiday In The Sun

Post by VAN »

Catherine notices the lack of thirst, hunger and suffering the really high temperature as well. Even if she shares Seradon's concern about their benefactor she is glad that they managed to return back to the village safe. Turning to the others she asks:

"Now what? We will just head to the ship and leave or we will let the villagers now what happened in the desert. That we were attacked and most of our group has died I mean. There is no need to share further details about the palace and how we returned I suppose."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Let's not take the chance that the villagers will think us cursed. We better just say what happened to the captain of the ship and then head back. And ask the vistani if he knows anything."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Better not tell to the Captain, if he thinks we are cursed he might leave us here. Afterall it isn't his business what we did and what not, he is paid to get us to Paridon not ask questions...Less we say the meter I think."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"I agree." Helfried replies. "Our withholdin of information should not seem so out of place gig n thenature ofour trip. Though losing so much of our crew will no doubt raise some suspicion. "
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"The main problem is that the professor isn't with us. Why would the captain agree to go back without the Professor that hired him in the first place? No, I believe we SHOULD mention that we were attacked by bandits and that only we managed to survive. Let's keep the rest from him.
And let's hope the captain will believe us"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"That's sounds reasonable. Better go and talk to him now."

Looking at Seradon she adds:

"Do you want to do the talking? You were closer to the Professor and as a scolar you can talk with difficult terms and and confuse the captain if necessary. I can jump in the discussion if needed and reel it elsewhere. I just hope he will not be very curious and ask details and just want to go back to Paridon."
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon nods. "I guess I can do that, but I'm not practiced in hiding information. I'm not very good at cards and all. To avoid passing information, I just don't speak usually. But I don't think that would be a problem here; we're obviously attacked and we don't have any of the valuables of the expedition."
Then, he remembers all the gems they're carrying.
"Nope, we actually have all the valuables of the expedition. Magic, gems, jewelry. They may suspect we had something to do with the raid. After all, we're the only ones to show up and much richer than we left. I'm not that concerned though; raids are not uncommon here. We will not make a good name and we may have to pay our way back with some of the gems."
He moves towards the ship asking around in the village where he can find the captain.
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The villagers seem more than a little sullen, until Seradon lets slip that when he finds the captain, they will be leaving. Suddenly the villagers become very helpful and the captain is soon found, discussing plans to depart with the first mate. He glances up with surprise.

"Some of you have returned!"

He frowns and glances at his mate

"I owe you ten silver"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Catherine notices the change of the villagers attitude and smiles. Leaning closer to Helfierd whispers:

"Apparently they want us out of here as well, but I can't blame them, I think I would want the same thing if I was them..."
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

kintire wrote:the captain is soon found, discussing plans to depart with the first mate. He glances up with surprise.
"I owe you ten silver"
Unlike his more jaded ally, Seradon is not pleased with those bets. He seems incredulous at this callousness. He takes a deep breath and he says with a steady voice, trying to keep calm and not rise his tone.
"You were betting that we will die. You've met us, accepted my late collegue's payment and spent some time with us. And for you, our lives were just a bet. I wonder how would you feel if people gave your life or the lives of your loved ones, if you have any, as much importance as the result of the toss of a dice on a tavern's table."

He sighs and fishes out his purse locking eyes with the captain.
"I don't want you to be "cheated" of your earnings by our survival captain. Since gold is all you care about you can have some of mine. You probably need it more than I do since I can appreciate being among living people that I care about.
May everything you buy feel as cold, hard, heavy or sterile as this gold till you have managed to let some compassion in your heart ."
And with that Seradon lets a couple pieces of gold and a gem drop on the table with a thumb, not caring whether they will roll and drop on the floor or stay there and he turns his back to the captain without another word, heading towards the ship.
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The dank mists slowly part to reveal the mass of shipping in the great port of Paridon. The day is a heavy one, and a cold sea fog rolls over the lands. It was hardly possible to tell when the Mists ended and the fog began, and the ship slides very carefully into dock, lookouts straining through the murk.

Even the sounds of the docks are muted by the heavy air, but there is certainly no shortage of people around. The docks are as crowded as ever, and if anything the fog only increases the sense of crowding. The customs guards speak briefly to the captain, but seem to lose interest on learning which vessel it is. A messenger is sent haring off, however, presumably to report its arrival.

The captain approaches the group, aiming for Helfierd and trying to avoid Saradon.

"Museum'll want to know how the expedition went. As the survivors of those 'at went inland, I'm betting they'll want to talk to you. Can I tell'em where to find you or do you want to wait?"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Seradon is certainly glad to be back in Paridon and away from the desert and the mists.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Lost in her thoughts about their mission and what has happened to them Catherine realizes that they have arrived only because of the loud noises coming from the docks. She gets her stuff and joins the others. At the Captain's question she looks at the others and says:

"Well, I guess we should talk to them but I would say wait at least 1 day so we can get some rest. This trip wasn't a piece of cake for us as you can immagine. Or we can go to the museum ourselves and save them the trouble to look for us."
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ignoring the captain as he had through the whole trip Seradon said "Personally, I want to stretch my legs. I've been too long on this ship. And the museum has the right to know that their crew has been tragically killed."
My DMGuild work!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"I agree, Darkonian. Leaving the backers waiting may not be the best idea. The sooner this business is dealt with the sooner we can all seek rest."