Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Online roleplaying at the Café
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Post by brilliantlight »

Isolde has been more active lately in Ravenloft. Although she hasn't given up trying to catch the GC she has decided she can't just focus in on him. There is much good that needs to be done in Ravenloft and she can't spend all her time trying to chase the fiend. You are "freaks" in her carnival and part of a group devoted to helping her do as much good in Ravenloft as you can. All players will be 2nd lvl to start out with a 32 point buy and max HP. I will want a good background description to figure out how "The Twisting" effects you. The rules are D&D 3.5 standard RL races but you can be of any class in the PH, PHII , any of the Complete Series or Book of Exalted Deeds. You do have to reference where you are getting your e class, spells or equipment etc. if they are not in the core books though. I don't want to hunt through a dozen books to know what you are talking about. You must be of non-evil alignment. There are a few changes made to this game. 1) The majority of DLs are "villians with good publicity" and are NOT obvious monsters. Strahd, Azalin, Ivana Bortisi etc. are mostly looked up to and admired as their faults are carefully hidden by the Dark Lords themselves in this version of Ravenloft. They are too smart to make it harder on themselves by being obvious monsters and having to worry about revolts and riots etc. That means Strahd is NOT known as "The devil Strahd", Ivana Bortisi is not known as "The Black Widow" etc. There are a few exceptions like the Three Hags but they are few.They are JUST as evil however. It is simply that they are evil not stupid evil! 2) The demiplane is not known as Ravenloft which is known only as Strahd's Castle but The Mistlands, The Mists or simply the world. 3) Most people living there have lived there all their lives and do NOT see it as a horrible place. In fact most see it as superior to the lands the "Outsiders" come from such as Faerun or Kyrnn. It is part familiarity and part patriotism. This is particularly true of the higher cultural level domains such as Demintlieu and Mordent.
Last edited by brilliantlight on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Post by Trike »

Valentin Mircea is a Half-Vistani traveling with the Carnival. Here's a link to the character.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=473745

He looks like this :shock:
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Trike wrote:Valentin Mircea is a Half-Vistani traveling with the Carnival. Here's a link to the character.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=473745

He looks like this :shock:
To make it clearer for everyone who reads this he is the frog-eyed man. Due to his lust for women "The Twisting" gave him large, bulging frog-like eyes. This increased his OR by 1 and increased his spot skill by one. He is very protective of the Vistani people and gets along pretty well with them. Of course, like everyone else, his OR has no effect with other members of The Carnival. Since they are all considered "freaks" by the outside world they stick close together and none of those who have been with The Carnival long judges people merely by their appearance.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

I like were this is going. :)
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:I like were this is going. :)
Cool! I can use another player. Even if you are new to Ravenloft I will accept any reasonable character. Send me a PM and we can discuss how "The Twisting" effects you.
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

One of us,
One of us!
Gooble Gobble,
Gooble Gobble!
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

So here he is. My draft of Tirso, The Spike-Legged Man.

VIEW CONTENT:
TIRSO MONTALVO, THE SPIKE-LEGGED MAN
Male Human (Kartakan), Ranger 2, Neutral Good, OR 2

Str: 16, Dex: 14, Con: 14, Int: 11, Wis: 12, Cha: 10

Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +1

HD: 2d8+4 (20 hp)
AC: 12 (+2 Dex), touch 12, flat-footed 10
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30 ft.

BAB/Grapple: +2/+5
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Range: 10 ft. (throwing axe)
Attack: bone spike +7 melee (1d6+3, 20/x2), or throwing axe +6 ranged or +7 melee (1d6+3, 20/x3)
Full Atk: bone spike +7 melee (1d6+3, 20/x2), throwing axes +5 melee (1d6+3, 20/x3) and +5 melee (1d6+1, 20/x3), or throwing axes +4 ranged (1d6+3, 20/x3) and +4 ranged (1d6+1, 20/x3)

Ranger: Combat Style (Two-Weapon Combat), Favored Enemy (Animal +2; bonus added to all Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, and weapon damage rolls made against favored enemy)

Wild Empathy (Ex): Tirso can use body language, vocalizations, and demeanor to improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. Tirso rolls 1d20+2 to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. To use wild empathy, Tirso and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. Tirso can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a –4 penalty on the check.

Skills (35): Appraise +0, Balance +2, Bluff +0, Climb +5, Concentration +2, Craft (Carpentry) +2, Diplomacy +0, Disguise +0, Escape Artist +2, Gather Information +0, Handle Animal +2, Heal +5, Hide +4, Intimidate +0, Jump +3, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Listen +2, Move Silently +4, Profession (Woodsman) +5, Ride +2, Search +0, Sense Motive +1, Spot +4, Survival +5, Swim +3, Use Rope +3

Feats (4): Point Blank Shot, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (throwing axe)

Languages: Vaasi (Kartakan)

Height: 6’ tall
Weight: 210 lbs.
Description: Once a crippled and sullen woodsman from Harmonia, Tirso has found his niche in Isolde’s Carnival as the Spike-Legged Man. Tirso is a dark haired and comely Kartakan despite the fact that he is missing both his feet. In there place jut two bone spikes, the Twisting’s gift to him. His gruff manner and deformity tend to inspire feelings of revulsion or sympathy in those he meets, and often both.

Possessions: backpack, belt pouch, flint and steel, grappling hook, hammer, hempen rope (50 ft.), iron spikes (4), knife, tent, thin blanket, throwing axes (4), trail rations (5 days), traveler’s outfit, waterskin, whetstone
Last edited by Nemesio on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

So how do we play? I'm new to this type based gaming.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:So how do we play? I'm new to this type based gaming.
I post here telling you what is going on. You post here telling me what you do and I tell you what happens. If you need to roll dice you can either use invisiblecastle.com or you can just let me roll it. Either way works fine with me. After everyone posts or one week passes since I last posted we go on to the next post. If you don't post that week your character is an NPC for that week and I figure out what you do.
Last edited by brilliantlight on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Cool.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

So, this is PERSEPHONE "PERCY" QUINLAM
VIEW CONTENT:
HEIGHT: 4 FT TALL
WEIGHT: 85 LBS

Description: Percy is a very short teen, wearing nothing more than a tunic, pants and shoes. A purse pouch, hangs from her left shoulder across her body to rest at her right side. A dagger rests in her belt at her waist. She holds a quarterstaff in her hand. Her red hair is long and hangs in a ponytail behind her to her waist. Thick spectacles reside on her nose. Those who have spoken with her do it in a very good Mordentish. It is tinged with a slight accent. Her most distinguishing figure are her very large feet that look almost like rabbit's feet.
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

I left Valentin's language choice open for now. Do you guys have any advice on what language I should take? I'd like to be able to communicate to the rest of the party of course.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Mordentish good choice.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso only speaks Vaasi, but he communicates a lot through body language.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Nemesio wrote:Tirso only speaks Vaasi, but he communicates a lot through body language.

She has 4 languages and is an Illusionist FYI. Forgot the class part up there heh heh!