Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Online roleplaying at the Café
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Post by brilliantlight »

You arrive at the temple. The temple is fairly small and old. You can tell it seen better days. It isn't exactly run down but the older looking areas look more ornate than the more recent repairs.
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

Valentin reverently whisper a prayer to himself as he enters the temple. He pauses in front of any altar for a moment with his eyes down.

Then he looks around for any priest. His voice is hushed in this holy place.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Trike wrote:Valentin reverently whisper a prayer to himself as he enters the temple. He pauses in front of any altar for a moment with his eyes down.

Then he looks around for any priest. His voice is hushed in this holy place.
He sees a middle aged priest of about 45 with brown hair reading from a book.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Percy moves quietly and sits in a pew, head down. She says a prayer then takes a book out of her book bag and kisses it before opening it and reading it.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso remains near the entrance, taking a good look at the temple's interior, especially enamored of the rays of daylight beaming through beautifully colored glass.
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

Valentin approaches the priest quietly, waiting for a pause in reading. When he meets the priest's eyes, he bows quickly and speaks.

"Hello, my name is Valentin Mircea. I've come from Isolde's wondrous Carnival seeking the blessing of the Morninglord...and perhaps some advice if you have the time."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Trike wrote:Valentin approaches the priest quietly, waiting for a pause in reading. When he meets the priest's eyes, he bows quickly and speaks.

"Hello, my name is Valentin Mircea. I've come from Isolde's wondrous Carnival seeking the blessing of the Morninglord...and perhaps some advice if you have the time."
He looks up at you and says "All have the blessing of the Morninglord if they seek it. What is the advice you are seeking?"
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

"You may know of a lost spirit called Jezra Wagner that has plagued people in the mountains for some time. We plan to put this spirit to rest. But we need people to assist in a ritual while our group defends the area. Can you offer any advice that could guide us on our way? Or are there any priests at this temple that would help us in this endeavor?"

As he speaks, Valentin finds a seat nearby. He glances around the temple, taking in the layout and the adornments.

"I would gladly trade for any services by helping out at the temple. I've taken part in services to the Morninglord in the past."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Trike wrote:"You may know of a lost spirit called Jezra Wagner that has plagued people in the mountains for some time. We plan to put this spirit to rest. But we need people to assist in a ritual while our group defends the area. Can you offer any advice that could guide us on our way? Or are there any priests at this temple that would help us in this endeavor?"

As he speaks, Valentin finds a seat nearby. He glances around the temple, taking in the layout and the adornments.

"I would gladly trade for any services by helping out at the temple. I've taken part in services to the Morninglord in the past."
"What kind of ritual are you talking about? What is involved? What happens during the ritual? I need answers to these questions before I can help you." he replies.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso coughs... In an audible voice he replies:

"We need to build a very large bonfire to lure Jezra. We need a specially prepared hide from a freshly killed bear. She must don the fur for the ritual to succeed. Most of all we need witnesses. We are hoping to find individuals sympathetic to our cause. Perhaps you know of some of her past victims or her descendants?"
Last edited by Nemesio on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros is following the others without speaking, at the temple of Morning he bows his head and makes a small pray. Then looks around admiring the temple but same time he doesn't hide that he feels a bit uneasy at a different temple than the Maiden. In order to prove that he isn't actually afraid to get part at the task himself but same time without wanting to disrespect the other cleric Boiros says in steady voice:

"We will face the bear have no fear, we will not put the lives of others in danger. We just need some witness as my friend here said. As you of course know better than me information is very important when you facing ghosts. More we know about them and their victims the merer. We want to put Jenra to rest as soon as possible so nobody else finds horrible death because of her. I do hope you can help us."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Grimm not being of the religious sort respectifully remains outside the temple waiting. He had said goodbye to Alexi before leaving his company. Something about religions made him uneasy. So easily people's views could be twisted on such an idea. Out of habit he began to juggle three of his daggers while waiting.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Percy looks up from her book Barovia : an Unabridged History Author unknown. She stands, but is very shy. She doesn't
look directly at the priest but at the floor when she speaks.

"I-l-l-l be performing the ritual, sir. W-w-o-ou-uld you have any suggestions? I-I ve never performed a ritual before. But I do know how to read the scroll."

She is about to add more then a look of realization dawns upon her face. "Silly silly me I am so sorry. I almost forgot!" Moving rather quickly for one of her size, she heads right for the altar and finding the plate there, deposits several coins, face beet red. She walks
quickly back to her seat.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

tarlyn wrote:Percy looks up from her book Barovia : an Unabridged History Author unknown. She stands, but is very shy. She doesn't
look directly at the priest but at the floor when she speaks.

"I-l-l-l be performing the ritual, sir. W-w-o-ou-uld you have any suggestions? I-I ve never performed a ritual before. But I do know how to read the scroll."

She is about to add more then a look of realization dawns upon her face. "Silly silly me I am so sorry. I almost forgot!" Moving rather quickly for one of her size, she heads right for the altar and finding the plate there, deposits several coins, face beet red. She walks
quickly back to her seat.
"Can I glance at the scroll? As you know scrolls need to be read out loud to take effect. I want to know what exactly we are getting into." he replies.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Percy swallows as she retrieves it [presuming she has it OOC], and walks over to the priest, eyes on the floor and hands it to him.