Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Online roleplaying at the Café
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Come one, come all come to The Carvival.

Post by Trike »

Valentin quickly thanks the priest in the manner of the Morninglord. Then he turns to the others.

"We can only ask. Hopefully, he will help."
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"Alexi will probably help. He seems like a good fellow. We should check in with the Wagner family though."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros thinks for a moment and says:

"Maybe if we tell more people about the problem and that we want to deal with it once and for all we will get more volunteers. Do you have anyone else to suggest us?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

VAN wrote:Boiros thinks for a moment and says:

"Maybe if we tell more people about the problem and that we want to deal with it once and for all we will get more volunteers. Do you have anyone else to suggest us?"

"Not really, the folks will be suspicious of you. I am a cleric of the Morninglord and we should be more open minded than most people. To many in town you will be a bunch of freaks not worth listening to. It is unfortunate but that is the way it is."
he replies. "You will have to appeal to their self interest to succeed I think"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Percy frowns. "You say we will have to appeal to their self interest, yet you also say we are a bunch of freaks in their eyes. I-I-I- don't know how to proceed with this..... Y-y-y-ou are not making sense to me, a-a-at any r-r-rate."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"A few people might work for coin, if it comes down to it. That's self interest enough I think," said Grimm smirking slightly. Though he wondered if there was any other way to coerce the people to do their bidding as well. "Either way we won't know until we try. If it's alright with you guys I'll inqure if Alexi would be able to join."
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso scratches his head for a moment. Then he clenches his fist and shakes it as he yells:
"We just gotta show em what us "freaks" can do! We'll earn their trust with our deeds or to the Hells with em!"

He looks to the cleric surprised and a little embarrassed by his outburst.
"Pardon the expression."
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

In the midst of silent prayers, Valentin smiles and looks up at the ceiling as if to silently explain Tirso to the Morninglord. Then he bows his head momentarily, stands, and waits to follow the others out.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Boiros nods in agreement.

"You speak wise my friend, actions speak louder than words and this is the only way to make these people trust us and decide to help."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"We still have time, perhaps there's something around town we could also do to help. Maybe a few odd jobs here and there to show we are trust worthy people, and that appearance is only... 'skin deep.'" said Grimm with emphasis using two fingers to make the quotation marks. "Say we split up into a few groups or so and meet back here in an hour or two? Might cover more ground that way."

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Sounds like a plan!"

Boiros looks at Percy and says:

"Do you want to team up with me? I'm sure with your talents we can do pretty well."
- W H A T ! ? !
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"Yes. We should split up and walk about the village, lending a hand to those who don't chase us off. Who wants to pair up with me then? I'm good at hunting and chopping wood. What say we help out some of the village elders. Survival is tough enough for young folk, and most elders are too proud to trouble them for help. That's gotta be one way to make a difference."

Tirso crosses his arms over his chest and smiles...Proud of himself.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:Tirso scratches his head for a moment. Then he clenches his fist and shakes it as he yells:
"We just gotta show em what us "freaks" can do! We'll earn their trust with our deeds or to the Hells with em!"

He looks to the cleric surprised and a little embarrassed by his outburst.
"Pardon the expression."
He says "Understandable, I would be swearing in your shoes. I wish things were different but lying to you wouldn't have helped. Your idea has merit. Most people here are the decent sort, for the most part. In fact I will do a sermon on the stupidity of prejudice."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Nemesio wrote:"Yes. We should split up and walk about the village, lending a hand to those who don't chase us off. Who wants to pair up with me then? I'm good at hunting and chopping wood. What say we help out some of the village elders. Survival is tough enough for young folk, and most elders are too proud to trouble them for help. That's gotta be one way to make a difference."

Tirso crosses his arms over his chest and smiles...Proud of himself.
"I'll go, maybe we can put those chopping arms to good use with the wood cutters if we can't find any elder's to help. Careful though, some of them may just want us to get into trouble, remember not everyone has a kind heart," warned Grimm before walking up to Tirso. The halfing then rubbed his hands together to get the blood flowing into them before speaking again. "Alright lets go see if we can find someone to assist."

Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

Valentin glances back at the temple. "Well, if we're going our separate ways for a while. Call me if you need me. I'd like to help out at the temple for a while. I've never really had the opportunity to spend time at a temple to the Morninglord."

He scratches the back of his neck for a moment. "Maybe we should set a time to meet up again. Near sunset perhaps? That should give us some daylight to find a place to rest."