Birthright Tuornen Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright Tuornen Chapter Four

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"I suspect that Captain Ghonalisson's guardsmen are in more need of training than the palace guard, Sir Rory. So it would probably be best if I put to work with his men. If he is willing to have me, that is."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Reese laughs at Clyde's antics.

''Hah, what? Oh, yeah, dwarfs. I've heard you guys eat rocks. Is that true?"
"Yeah it be true, Reese. I kinn show ye how. Tis good fer ye, full o iron n minerals."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE GORGON'S CROWN
tarlyn wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Reese laughs at Clyde's antics.

''Hah, what? Oh, yeah, dwarfs. I've heard you guys eat rocks. Is that true?"
"Yeah it be true, Reese. I kinn show ye how. Tis good fer ye, full o iron n minerals."
''Oh, okay. I don't think they serve rocks here, though."
The boy reaches into his pouch and withdraws several copper coins.
"Maybe we could get a roast chicken and some other good stuff here. Or at the ordinary down the street, and eat it here. You interested?"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Renn nods at Roald's suggestion. "That would be most useful. The final battle took its toll on my men, and even if I use the brute squads to replenish my ranks, they'll need training and order. Plus we could use a hand training the prisoners who'd rather join the armies than the gallows."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:THE GORGON'S CROWN

''Oh, okay. I don't think they serve rocks here, though."
The boy reaches into his pouch and withdraws several copper coins.
"Maybe we could get a roast chicken and some other good stuff here. Or at the ordinary down the street, and eat it here. You interested?"

"Awright.... We kin go ta the ordinary n git some chicken." Torthurs stomach grumbles loudly which makes Clyde growl/say something.

"Yeah, I bring ye a jar of honey n some nuts, ye pig. Keep an eye out i case there's trouble. An no killin. Ye kin sit on tha ne'erdo-well however. C'mon Reese, I'll show ye how to really eat a chicken. Bring back somethin fer Magga too!"

On the way out he grins at Magga "We be back in a few, gonna show the boy how to eat a chicken."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Reese laughs and follows the dwarf, toting a partly full set of saddlebags over his shoulder.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Safana smiles. looking impressed by the big man.

"I am sure with you at their head, your only trouble will be forcing the goblins to stand and fight long enough to be killed! I am Safan of the Silver Ring, and I am very pleased to meet you. If my skills can be of any aid in your missions you have only to say. Anything I can do to frustrate the Goblins i will most certainly do, and you don't seem to have many magicians around here."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

kintire wrote:Safana smiles. looking impressed by the big man.

"I am sure with you at their head, your only trouble will be forcing the goblins to stand and fight long enough to be killed! I am Safan of the Silver Ring, and I am very pleased to meet you. If my skills can be of any aid in your missions you have only to say. Anything I can do to frustrate the Goblins i will most certainly do, and you don't seem to have many magicians around here."
"Well we when attack them, I don't plan on leaving them much choice in the matter considering the kind warfare I will be waging on them . We will ambush and kill any patrols we find to the last goblin and wargs if they are also with the patrol ."Gunnar says with a wolfish smile at the future carnage he plans for any goblin patrols that he attacks .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Safana looks even more impressed.

"I can see these goblins and...uh... wah rugs... will rue the day the dared to enter these lands! Please do avail yourself of my assistance as well. I can turn people invisible... among other things. Useful for an ambush, yes?"
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Yes that would be useful in the least . I was wondering at your total capabilities that is if you had the time to prepare magics that could help us attack and/or scout if needed . And if you have any protective spells that are long lasting, since most of these men do not have much armor to speak of ."Gunnar goes on to ask for specifics details like how long the person turned invisible would stay that way etc . And how many men could she turn invisible at once, etc .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Safana seems flattered by his attention, and happily discusses her abilities. Unlike many wielders of magic she does not seem reticent about revealing her capabilities... although that might be because she is aware that the success of these people is all that stands between her and a goblin horde!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

CORMAC, FOERDE, AND COMPANY

Riding, and walking where the terrain is rough, Cormac leads his little band higher into the foothills.The way to the poacher’s cave takes the party down a deer-trail that runs through a valley thick with pine...

Rounding a sharp bend in the trail Cormac spots a hunched shadowy thing moving in the shrubs just a dagger’s toss ahead of his position. The wind shifts, blowing back towards Cormac and his friends, carrying the reek of stale sweat, a sharp tang of oiled iron, and a mangy kennel-stink. Growls from the tree line, deep and rumbling.

Cormac and his men have just enough time to grab weapons and then two great shaggy wolves with glowing eyes burst out of the dark forest, followed by a small gang of goblins waving spears and screaming! One the huge wolves bites Cormac’s horse--but the frightened mare jerks away in time to only suffer deep scratches rather than a killing bite. Two greasy little gobbers hop up and jab Cormac with spears, trying to dislodge him from his saddle. Another demon-wolf and his goblin partner lunge at Foerde and one of the poachers.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Pausing in her account of her magic she eyes the big man curiously.

"But perhaps I can ask for some information in return. Whence come these goblins? I ran across a raiding band and fled to the nearest authority seeking to have them put down, but you nd the others talk as if they are here in much greater numbers... the squire spoke of hiding the manor from them. Just how many of them are there? why are they here?"
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:CORMAC, FOERDE, AND COMPANY

Riding, and walking where the terrain is rough, Cormac leads his little band higher into the foothills.The way to the poacher’s cave takes the party down a deer-trail that runs through a valley thick with pine...

Rounding a sharp bend in the trail Cormac spots a hunched shadowy thing moving in the shrubs just a dagger’s toss ahead of his position. The wind shifts, blowing back towards Cormac and his friends, carrying the reek of stale sweat, a sharp tang of oiled iron, and a mangy kennel-stink. Growls from the tree line, deep and rumbling.

Cormac and his men have just enough time to grab weapons and then two great shaggy wolves with glowing eyes burst out of the dark forest, followed by a small gang of goblins waving spears and screaming! One the huge wolves bites Cormac’s horse--but the frightened mare jerks away in time to only suffer deep scratches rather than a killing bite. Two greasy little gobbers hop up and jab Cormac with spears, trying to dislodge him from his saddle. Another demon-wolf and his goblin partner lunge at Foerde and one of the poachers.
"Cormac, there are more circling around to get behind us! I suggest we press forward and leave them in our dust for now." Foerde says.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Rally!" Cormac shouts, turning his mare. "Get outta the ambush, then we'll turn an' fight 'em!"

He spurs his horse and leads a charge towards a likely clearing.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."