Come one, come all come to The Carvival: The Woodcutter

Online roleplaying at the Café
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Come one, come all come to The Carvival: The Woodcutter

Post by brilliantlight »

The people going back to the woodcutter see him at work cutting up a tree. He looks up surprised at you and says "What can I do to help you?"
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Come one, come all come to The Carvival: The Woodcutter

Post by Zilfer »

"Actually, we were wondering if there was anything WE could do for YOU." said Grimm confidently, there had to be at least a few tasks that he could do even for his small nature, though his companion was much more suited probably to the work of a wood cutter. He then looked up to his companion. "Ain't that right, friend?"
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Zilfer wrote:"Actually, we were wondering if there was anything WE could do for YOU." said Grimm confidently, there had to be at least a few tasks that he could do even for his small nature, though his companion was much more suited probably to the work of a wood cutter. He then looked up to his companion. "Ain't that right, friend?"
"Outside of chopping wood I don't see how you can help me. Isolde has helped me enough with with her patronage" he replies.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"I see," said Grimm before he saw his friend trying to juggle some axes. Juggling could be dangerous with Daggers or Axes of the sort but he was confident he could show his friend how to juggle, or at least the very basics maybe some of the Woodcutters would be impressed. Grimm walked over to Tirso and offered out his hands to take the axes.

"Well first it would be easier to start with something other than axes, more than one juggler has met an early end." said Grimm as he started to explain. "So the key is to watch your throws when you throw the first one it's key to start the next one at just the right time or it will throw your rhythm off. Right when it gets to the apex of it's height you want to throw the second one."

Grimm started his attempt at juggling the axes waiting for the first one to stop moving up and as it came down started the next one, trying to catch the first and then continuously trying to move them. "Don't throw your items forward or you won't be able to catch them, and don't panic."

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"Ah hah!"

Tirso begins to laugh out loud.

"I never doubted you Grimm!"

He looks around to see the expression on the woodcutter's face.

"My friend has many talents as you can see. I am sure we can entertain you at the very least."
Last edited by Nemesio on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

As Grimm finishes juggling his throwing axes, Tirso claps loudly as he walks over to retrieve them. He walks a safe distance away from any innocent bystanders and then decides to step back a few more paces. He throws the first axe in the air, catches it and tosses up a second. It appears that he may be a natural until the second axe comes down on his head leaving a nice gash over his left eye. He covers his wound immediately with his free hand and smiles.

"I told you he was talented."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:As Grimm finishes juggling his throwing axes, Tirso claps loudly as he walks over to retrieve them. He walks a safe distance away from any innocent bystanders and then decides to step back a few more paces. He throws the first axe in the air, catches it and tosses up a second. It appears that he may be a natural until the second axe comes down on his head leaving a nice gash over his left eye. He covers his wound immediately with his free hand and smiles.

"I told you he was talented."
"Very nice. now is there something I can help you with?" he says
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"We just want to show local folks that we carnies are decent people who want to spread good will in the communities we visit." Tirso picks up a nearby axe good for cutting wood, slings it over his shoulder, and says to the others: "Shall we get to work?"

He looks at Grimm as he say to the woodcutter: "Oh! Do you have an axe for my friend?"
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"Whoa watch out with those axes, don't want to kill yourself." said Grimm before nodding to Tirso's comment. "If your cuttin wood the least we could do since your helping us out is to help you out. I'm no stranger to hard work trust me, plenty of people mistake my size."

(If Grimm can find an ax or is given an ax he will start wood cutting as well. Rolled in OOC topic)

brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Nemesio wrote:"We just want to show local folks that we carnies are decent people who want to spread good will in the communities we visit." Tirso picks up a nearby axe good for cutting wood, slings it over his shoulder, and says to the others: "Shall we get to work?"

He looks at Grimm as he say to the woodcutter: "Oh! Do you have an axe for my friend?"
"Sure, I won't pass up free help. I will certainly spread the word." he replies and gives him an axe.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Tirso, The Spike-Legged Man tears a strip of cloth from the leg of his long pants, further exposing his deformity. He wraps the cloth around his head to stop his gash from bleeding.

The former woodsman chops wood like a novice the day long, not really impressing anyone. At one point he replies: "I guess traveling with the carnival for so long has made me a bit rusty."

The halfling, Grimm on the other hand....
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Grimm tried his best, he was no stranger to hard work. Though which each chop of wood seemed to split most of the logs. He glanced over at his friend every once in awhile and saw he was having more trouble than him.

"If you don't use it you loose it right?" said Grimm cutting another piece of wood. He was sweating from the days work, and wondered how it would be to live here and do this for his life. Maybe it would be peaceful, and fullfilling.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> I post here as well since we are talking to Grimm and Tirso.

"Thank you very much, we will be back soon with good news hopefully."

Boiros bows slightly at the woman and exits the shop. Since he has heard that the others would have headed to the woodcutter he says to Percy:

"Better go and tell to the others where we will be, because they might want to join is or might be worried if they don't see us in an hour."

With that they headed to the woodcutter. Once spotted Grimm and Tirso Boiros waves and getting closer says:

"We have met the woman at the herbalism shop Ms Jazarea, she said she has troubles with 2 dire badgers that are in the woods 4 miles west from here. Me and Percy will go there, do you want to join us?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

OOC: what Van said :P

Percy clutches her leather bag close to her at the mention of Dire Badgers. "H-h-h-o-lly Mother! I, uh I could," she swallows "cast a spell only, Boiros. I c-c- an't f-f-ght with my hands, I'm t-too we-a-ak."

She follows Boiros out and stays behind him, nervous. When they meet the others, she shys away but is glad. She exhales a sigh of relief when Boiros asks if they'd join them.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

"Of course. Once we have finished up here we would be happy to join you."

Tirso looks at the woodcutter and shrugs, a little embarrassed, and says: "I guess we are needed elsewhere in town."