A trio of horror feats

Discussing all roleplaying games
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

A trio of horror feats

Post by Steve Miller »

I threw out a couple of game design ideas during a conversation with L.L. Hundal, and she turned them into three feats that may be of interest to Ravenlfot gamers.

Click here to check them out on the NUELOW Games blog. Any feedback you care to offer will be appreciated.

Steve Miller
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: A trio of horror feats

Post by alhoon »

No offence but I think survivor is overpowered.

How about a feat that if an attack would drop you to less than half your hp, you reduce damage by 1/lvl +con modifier, with a minimum of 1, once per combat and that's that. I.e if you're 6th lvl with 15 con and have max 45 hp, and you're targeted by a fireball dealing 26 hp, you reduce the damage by 8hp, so you take 18 hp of damage instead. If you were at 24 hp left and you got stabbed for 3 hp, you would still get 1 hp damage though.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A trio of horror feats

Post by Steve Miller »

alhoon wrote:No offence but I think survivor is overpowered.

How about a feat that if an attack would drop you to less than half your hp, you reduce damage by 1/lvl +con modifier, with a minimum of 1, once per combat and that's that. I.e if you're 6th lvl with 15 con and have max 45 hp, and you're targeted by a fireball dealing 26 hp, you reduce the damage by 8hp, so you take 18 hp of damage instead. If you were at 24 hp left and you got stabbed for 3 hp, you would still get 1 hp damage though.
It certainly explains why Jason Vorhees takes a licking and keeps on ticking!