Javenloft

Online roleplaying at the Café
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Javenloft

Post by Metaflux »

The presence of night was felt everywhere as Null's feet heavily touched earth. Stars could be seen behind swiftly moving clouds, and once the moon was covered by one of them, the cleric began his trek. Glancing around to make sure he was not seen, and noticing soldiers on their routes through the mansion's exterior grounds, Null sat and waited behind a rose bush of considerable size. Luckily, there was ample space between the bush and the structure from which he had fallen, or else the cleric of the moon would surely be a cleric of thorns.

A few moments was all it took for a leather armored lad to turn the corner of the house, and begin marching in Null's direction. Pulling back the yellow glow of his eyes, and reacquainting himself with the pain of an eternity, the archer readjusted his cowl and mouth covering so that no lights would reflect off of his teeth. A second passed and the soldier drew closer. Seven paces away and the cleric was preparing himself. As soon as the guard continued his path past Null and had just approached the third bush down his route, the cleric made a move.

A soft rustle of leaves and pattering of feet made the guard turn immediately to sense the danger approaching his backside, but nothing was found. The rose bush he had approached not moments ago had sent a chill down his spine, but seeing as he was always feeling a chill, the soldier had ignored it. Still, something had caught his attention, and by his honor he would investigate it. Unsheathing his sword slowly so as to slightly mute the sound of blade on metal, the guard took one step, then another, all measured in sequence. Eventually, he was within sword's reach of the shrub, and still he heard rustling from it, but nothing made an attempt to strike at him.

With a swift thrust, the guard's sword penetrated the foliage of thorns and bramble, only to hear a loud yip as a dog ran full sprint between the guard's legs and out toward the plains.

A yell echoed across the grounds to the guard, "Tim, are you smacking shrubberies, again? What did I tell you about our lord's plants! Leave them be! There is no danger from a thorn that stands still!"

Swearing under his breath that he'd heard something, the guard took one more glance at the rose bush, and returned to his duty.

Off in the distance leaves and grass fell before unseen feet as the cleric ran away from the stronghold and out to the endless fields...
Last edited by Metaflux on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

The further he was from Steiner's home, the better Null felt. Thoughts had escaped him as he let instinct control him once more. Having reached the territory outside of the nobleman's lands, the cleric's eyes allowed starlight and moonlight to govern his sight. Pale grass could be seen for miles, and hiding among the brush, Null could see rare hints of red where animals or unknowable critters were hiding. Onward he charged and finally his cloaking spell had worn off. Seeing his gloves and legs pump his body forward, Null sent a quick prayer to the sky that he still would not be seen.

After a time of the moon's rising arch into the sky, the cleric finally sat down in a clearing that held a tall tree of some kind he could not tell. Not familiar he was with trees, and Null sorely wished he was. Some of them could even be used for shelters, though he knew not which. Still, it would suffice for now.

After a moment's rest, the cleric rose and began whispering, almost melding his voice with the gentle breeze that made its own sound through the tree's limbs. Giving a wide birth of the lone vigilance, Null started to pace, slowly, around it, all while continuing his chanting. Pulling a small vial of water he had stolen from many a wandering through Steiner's halls, the cleric poured a drop every step he took, until he had completed a circle around the tree. Then, lifting from his coin pouch, Null dropped a gold coin on top of each drop's location, making sure not to miss its mark.

Once both preparations had been made, Null reached under his tunic and exposed the wolf's head amulet he kept hidden. Lifting it to eye level, and ceasing the chant for a moment, the cleric stared into the silver, blank eyes that reflected back at him. So many times had he searched for answers, and so many times had it come through, but this time, he was not so sure his words would be heeded.

Walking over to the base of the tree, Null placed the amulet face up on one of the tree's roots, and after kneeling down before his deity's symbol, completed the incantation.

Instantly, a ring of bright light materialized before the ground around the tree. A web of such pattern and design wove itself from the outer rim inwards, revealing a mosaic of greens, reds, blues, and yellows. As it approached the foot of the tree, the colors became brighter and brighter until a pearlescent white engulfed everything that existed in the center. Such a bright light was it that Null had to shield his eyes from behind his cowl, or else be blinded by the sudden change in luminosity.

Moments passed, and after waiting patiently for his second spell to take affect, a wisp of pale mist coalesced from space behind the tree. Null could not tell where it had originally approached from, but seeing as Mother's capabilities were pondersome in their own right, and also seeing as his own mind was a fortress barely held together by morality itself, he felt best to ignore such a question, and let the spirit approach.

Still kneeling before the tree, Null rose his arm up and reached out towards the spirit, so that his hand could make contact with the mist. As soon as their presences met, a vision of warmth and comfort enveloped him. Such a pleasant vision it was that the cleric almost gasped from the surprise of it. After finally adjusting himself to it, Null let the shields of his mind down, and a woman's voice filled his mind, as if speaking from the very depths of it. "Yes, little one, I am here once more. Do not fret, for I may yet be able to assist you," and with that, Null could no longer hold back his anguish.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Felix looked to grim and the woman following him. Apparently he had gotten tired of his translations and hired another one. Well good for him! Though while she was listening to the man who spoke a language he thought sounded familiar, he thought maybe they had been speaking a similar language back when they passed through Tepest.

Poking Grim in the side and then briefly pointing towards the translator. “Picked up a translator, seems she’ll be very useful. Around here listening to most of the people talk it seems like the common folk are stuck in a state of poverty… especially the non human population,” said Felix before listening to the translated words back. He grinned at the man’s name, and at his own fierce grin. There was something about the man’s name and personality that radiated confidence. It really helped him having said it twice as he was able to replay both times in his head quickly before responding.

“Hail and well met Ragnar of Midgard,” said Felix trying to make sure he said the man’s name correctly. He was pretty good with his voice. He attempted to reverse engineer Ragnar’s sentence guessing the words before his name had meant my name is. With a solid attempt he said “I am Felix Alnaethor of the Wandering Woods.”

The translator retranslated the words just to make sure the emphasis was there before commenting to Felix. “That was a good attempt, for a beginner,” she said and Felix bowed his head slightly.

“I am well versed in languages, and enjoy learning new ones. Perhaps if Grim wouldn’t mind I could learn this language he speaks as well, I find communications one of the most interesting subjects. It is amazing that we can live so close to each other and not be able to understand one another,” said Felix before adding at the end of it. “I would pay for your services of course. May I ask your name?”

“Anna Rostow,” she replied, and Felix added. “It is a pleasure to meet you.”

“Ask him where Midgar is, for I have not heard of that location is it perhaps somewhere south of the core?” asked Felix before she set to translating. He tried to listen and with his notebook in hands he was already taking a few notes on the language right over the journal entry he had been doing.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

CLAIMED BY DARKON
CHAPTER FIVE: A DISH BEST SERVED COLDLY (PART ONE: THE ELENDIGHEDMARK) Continued...

Nova Vaasa, Mid-Spring of 730 BC

Steiner's Ranch, The Celebration, 11:20 AM

To All

You watch as guests approach from the South and from the East... Most of these men, women and children are on foot, but a few are being transported in wagons, or on the backs of horses. Distinguished by their colorful coats of arms, the Nova Vaasan nobles have begun to arrive as well. By their insignias, Anna Rostow is able to identify a total of five noble families for you. These families include the Boragaards, the Laruchs, the Tryggaars, the Tuegaards, and of course the hosts, the Hiregaards…

Although Steiner himself hasn’t arrived and introduced you to his guests, many have already identified you as the heroes that vanquished the Dread Rook. Before long, grateful locals offering gifts and praise have crowded around you…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zanros wrote:At this the woman spoke, "I speak a little Tepestani, these men are attempting to talk to you, and give you greeting. Perhaps I could speak for you on behalf of my employer?"

Ragnar's face broke into a huge grin, it had been many moons since he last had been able to talk to someone! "I am Ragnar, a warrior of Midgard. Long it has been, before another's voice I understood. Please pretty gem, tell them my words."

Millicent and Anselm have been acting peculiarly all morning. Where silver tongued Anselm has been avoiding talking as much as possible, Millicent is making small talk with everyone and smiling awkwardly. The barrister and the witch were clearly troubled by last night’s fortune telling, but for now they refuse to breech the subject… Intrigued by the fierce looking stranger attempting to communicate via atrociously mispronounced Tepestani, Millicent approaches Ragnar, and Anslem distractedly follows her. The gaunt but pretty witch flashes her brilliant white teeth at the viking, giving him the warmest crooked smile she can manage before trying to converse with him in Tepestani.

“Hello Stranger. My name is Millicent Bracken and this adorable little man by my side is my husband Anselm… I couldn’t help but notice you speaking the language of my ancestors. So you are familiar with the “charmingly” wicked land of Tepest?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obregg is understandably sullen today. By now, everyone in your small band has been informed that his son Kerchak has become a vampire, and despite attempts to comfort the old man, he hasn’t said much all morning…
Last edited by Nemesio on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanros
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Zanros »

Anna Rostow turned to the big man and relayed both his greeting and the now named man's, Felix, questions. Ragnar's reaction however was that of confusion.

Looking between Anna and Felix he gave his reply, "All come from Midgard, it is where you are first tested. How could it be here in Nilfheim? Do its mists cloud the mind and destroy memory?" At that Ragnar quieted, his eyes cast out into the distance as if seeing through time and space. "Perhaps such as thing is both a blessing and curse."

It was here that they were interrupted by a couple who strode up, the woman spoke in Tepestani, bypassing Anna entirely. Her warm crooked smile reminded Ragnar of Morwen.

“Hello Stranger. My name is Millicent Bracken and this adorable little man by my side is my husband Anselm… I couldn’t help but notice you speaking the language of my ancestors. So you are familiar with the “charmingly” wicked land of Tepest?”

"Tepest? I walked through its lands through at least 7 of Máni's dances. The sights I witnessed and the tests I surmounted taught me much of Nilfheim. Though I do the language dishonor; my Tepestani is more akin to a strangled goat."
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Felix took particular notice of his mention of the mists. He got gathered that it wasn't a usual thing from where this man came from, and everywhere he knew of that was the norm. The Mists were a force best left unstudied according to a few while other's endeavored to unlock its secrets. Occasionally there would be a claim of someone that had come from a land where there were no mists. There were few and far in between however the tales that the people could spew and tell with such detail it lacked anything like a classical crazed man or mentally Ill. In fact Felix had more than once suggested to Dimmer perhaps there WERE other worlds out there but Dimmer had asked him why the people couldn't leave anyone back to them?

[hr]

'I don't know Dim.... perhaps they have or maybe once they get here it's the end of the line. I mean we assume when we die we go to another place.... does the Grey Realm have to be the only other realm of existence? Perhaps everything isn't so black and white as the Eternal Order makes it out to be. I mean they aren't the only religion? There are reports of other religions holding some sort of power though they could be rumors I'm inclined to believe there may be more than one form of afterlife. This could be the difference between even common species like you and me. You sleep, and I go into a trance to recollect my thoughts. Have you ever wondered why that is? Perhaps my or your ancestors came from a far away place where that is NORMAL and not an adaptation.... or maybe I'm just special.'

'Yer special all right,' came Dimmer's retort as they both burst out laughing.

[hr]

"Tell him if he should try and get a change to taste Grim's brew and maybe we could see an arm wrestle, I'm sure it would attract a modest crowd like we have gathering around us now," said Felix as he looked to Grim. Felix wasn't blind, he could see Grim was planning for something here, and he was probably going to be laying the ground work for his future here. He wanted to see however if perhaps this was another man they could add to their circle, he had to make sure anyone that was added to what he considered the circle was tough. Perhaps they could hire this man on? Felix had money to throw around despite looking like a child. Felix wondered if he should be thinking of implimenting a plan for after Baukis' 1 year servitude, though he imaged with the appearance of being just a boy that would be hard. People would usually judge him anywhere from 12-16 at most. At the age of 65(I think?) he quiet a many years before anyone started to see him as a full adult. He still had plenty of time to think about that later compared to Grim, though he made a note to check on it later when he checked the bounty board in Liara to see if anyone had come to collect the 1,000 gold bounty he had put up. He had thought about asking the Eqauur if they had come across any of Dimmer's items but it hadn't seemed right at the time and he had already placed the bounty up so he'd at least give them a chance to look.

"I fear the Mists that not only cloud, but they can also grab people from other worlds. I've not heard of a way to get back to your home of Midgard nor have I heard of its existence but perhaps there is a way," said Felix wondering how this man felt being far away from his homeland and possibly lost.... forever?

Zanros
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Zanros »

"A test of strength? After a drink? Now this sounds like a proper Viking past-time! I warn you stranger, I am strong."

Ragnar didn't even ponder the man's words about the Mists taking one from one's world. He had already known this, after all this was Nilfheim! Not Midgard! He wasn't sure the what the man had been attempting to imply, but it mattered little. Ragnar was here because he failed, no more no less. He had however been given a chance, one that he would not allow himself to waste.

"Come! A good drink is best served alongside food." Grabbing one of the mugs he turned to walk back to the pits, eager to fill his stomach with more meat.

He took a look at the young man and his friend, the youngling would be no match for him he suspected thought he other fellow seemed more likely to be able to hold his own. Ragnar smiled, it felt good to find people to test himself against in a friendly manner.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

“Well I think we’ve made a new friend,” said Felix to Grim nudging him jokingly again before following and sitting down. He looked to the Equar came in the distance seeing that they were still preparing for the wake. While some of the crowd still seemed to keep eye on their special and honored guests they remained at least a respectful distance.

Food and drink were the last things from Felix mind at the moment. He did eat a few bites while smiling at Grim and Ragnar. He gave a thought wondering where their ‘fine fluffy friend’ had wandered off to. He hadn’t see him all day in fact, though he passed it off as him being shy and not wanting to reveal his nature to a large amount of people. He could understand that on some level. There were places he had heard you would get lynched just being elf, hell! Throughout Tepest he had worn a cap just to conceal his fey nature! Distracting himself from those thoughts he continued to write about the Equar and what he could observe form this distance in their preperation for the wake.

He was drawn back out of his journal by the urgings of the crowd, getting ready to see Grim Vs Ragnar, and Felix though he had no ill will towards Ragnar, he hoped Grim would win. It would go much further to the his claim that no man was stronger than Grim if the public saw Grim power a large man like Ragnar, which was partly why Felix had suggested it.

Felix pondered for a moment that this man Ragnar was a lost just as much as them in this land that perhaps they could be friends. No doubt having two strong men as a team would make anyone that thought to doing them harm to second guess themselves or at least give them pause.

“Anyone want to make a wager on the winner?” asked Felix who couldn’t help but grin in meriment.

Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

Before the nobles of Nova Vaasa begin to assemble for the feast, a wagon laden with goods - including a seamstress and her apprentice - arrives for Laura.

The carter, a merchant's man from Liara begins swiftly unpacking a prodigiously large pile of carefully stacked boxes, containing goods of all kinds - two different types of perfume, paper and a leather container holding different types of ink, a cloak of fine grey wool, and no less than three extravagant outfits that might suit a member of court in any palace in the world - two cut in the Nova Vaasan fashion, and one in the Darkonese, laden with silver chains, and all three with individual sets of matching jewellery, as well as a plainer dress for travelling. Laura vanishes into her room for several hours with the seamstress and her apprentice to make the final adjustments to the gowns, before re-emerging for the celebration washed, perfumed, bedecked in silk and gold, her hair carefully coiffed - a far cry from the bedraggled hair, dirty face and torn gown that others might have grown used to.

Eventually, Laura is drawn to the commotion around the arm wrestle. One eyebrow raised, she watches the men clearing a table for the contest to take place, and then shrugs.

"Grim!" She kisses the barbarian lightly on the cheek, leaving behind the scents of rose and lavender. "For good luck," she explains.
Grimquest
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Grimquest »

Grim feels he has nothing to gain and much to lose by the proposed arm wrestling match. He had come to the party in their honor dressed as a noble to try to get find investors and distributers for The Brew. Talking business being his intention he felt an arm wrestling contest may give off the wrong impression of him being a dumb brute and if he lost make him look weak to his potential business associates in a land driven by power. The emotional barbarian felt put on the spot and very uncomfortable. Not wanting to disappoint his friends Grim reluctantly accepts. With a shrug and a soft spoken I guess if my friends here think this serves some purpose...but arm wrestling is not really something i have ever done before. Slaying monsters and making The Brew is what i do not arm wrestle. What are the rules? what is won ?what is the purpose? When Laura kisses him he turns a bright shade of red rarely seen... Besides his Granny this is the first kiss he has ever received
Last edited by Grimquest on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

“Contests aren’t uncommon at celebrations, and there all in good fun. If you’d rather not that’d be fine Grim,” said Felix before explaining the basic concept of an arm wrestling match. Usually it was a test of strength between two people, to see who could slam the other one’s hand to a table, tree stump or whatever was available at the time. After which he stood back, wondering at the reluctance of Grim over a friendly match? Perhaps he was worried everyone would only ever see him as a big brute if he kept that up. He figured he’d just have to cut back on his boastful nature.

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

CLAIMED BY DARKON
CHAPTER FIVE: A DISH BEST SERVED COLDLY (PART ONE: THE ELENDIGHEDMARK) Continued...

Nova Vaasa, Mid-Spring of 730 BC

Steiner's Ranch, The Celebration, 11:40 AM

To All

Evidently, the arm wrestling match between Grim and Ragnar has frenzied the more boisterous male guests, who continue to test their might via wrestling matches, throwing contests, and tug of wars in the rain and slick mud… Due to Felix’s boasting, the two titans had drawn quite a crowd before they had even begun their contest, and true to the young elf’s claims, and to the chagrin of Grim and Ragnar, it was a match that would not soon be forgotten… Almost immediately after locking arms, both men were grunting and sweating profusely, neither seeming overly confident in their reputedly “prodigious” strength… Finally Ragnar strained so hard against Grim that he let loose a loud fart! A touch embarrassed, the Viking must have relaxed for a moment, because Grim pinned his arm before he had even crinkled his nose…

1:30 PM

To All

Despite steady rainfall, and coinciding with an Equaar wake, Steiner’s celebratory feast has appeared hugely successful thus far... A rarity in Nova Vaasa, the rich and poor alike had patiently gathered together and were equally joyful. Oddly enough though, one of the last to arrive had been Lord Steiner himself. Accompanying him were his beautiful wife and their two young daughters, along with an entourage of personal attendants... Many began cheering as Steiner and his family took their place among their guests...

By now, everyone was good and hungry. The army of servants preparing the day's feast had been instructed to wait until after their master's arrival before unburying whole cooked animals and heaps of vegetables, and raising them from their cooking pits. Once this was done, the food was arranged on long tables under the shelter of the pavilions. Many kegs of ale were tapped as well, and large ceramic steins were handed out to all… Bad timing aside, you have been left with little doubt of the Hiregaards’ charisma, generosity, and skill as hosts…

Once settled in, Steiner calls for everyone's attention. He then motions for you to join he and his family as they face the crowd.

As you approach Steiner, an impeccably dressed nobleman calls out from the crowd:
"WILL THE DUKE BE ARRIVING TODAY!?"

At this Steiner shakes his head, and regrettably informs the man that his uncle, the Hiregaard family’s beloved patriarch, Duke Tristan Hiregaard, declined his invitation… Then, in a loud voice, he continues:
“GREETINGS! I AM YOUR HUMBLE HOST, LORD STEINER HIREGAARD! BY NOW, YOU ALL KNOW WHY YOU HAVE BEEN GATHERED HERE! MERE WEEKS AGO, A HORRIBLE BEAST CAME TO THE ELENDIGHEDMARK, AND AS THIS ABOMINATION’S SHADOWS FELL UPON US, WE WERE FORCED TO COWER IN OUR HOMES! ALAS! IN A VERY SHORT TIME, IT KILLED THREE MEN AND WREAKED HAVOC ON OUR HERDS, THREATENING OUR VERY LIVELIHOODS! IT SEEMED NONE COULD STOP IT! THE DREAD ROOK WE CALLED IT! WELL MY FRIENDS, LET US FEAR NO MORE! THE DREAD ROOK IS DEAD! BRAVE TRAVELERS FROM THE NORTH ARRIVED AND SEALED THE BEAST’S FATE! THE FEAST BEFORE YOU IS MEANT TO CELEBRATE OUR VICTORY AS A COMMUNITY AND TO HONOR THE EPIC DEED OF THESE KIND STRANGERS THAT STAND BEFORE YOU! PLEASE RAISE YOUR DRINKS NOW AND MAKE A TOAST WITH ME! TO THE BRAVE! TO THE END OF FEAR! THE DREAD ROOK IS DEAD!!!"

As Steiner speaks, his personal bodyguards, Philip and Vegaard, walk back outside, and over to a mysteriously covered cart. There in the rain, they pull away a large tarp, revealing an enormous pile of scorched bones, along with several sacks full of black giant black feathers!

MEANWHILE...

The Equaar Camp, 1:30 PM

After Kamose finishes his work, Dame Antonina walks over and holds out a wooden stake...

"I cannot thank you enough for your efforts dear Kamose. You have done a great kindness for the dead on this day, and the dead wish to reward you with a kindness of their own... Keep this stake on your person at all times. One day it may save your life..."

As Dame Antonina passes Kamose the stake, mourners begin arriving at her tent, and she turns to great them...

MUCH LATER...

Steiner's Ranch, A Tree Near Steiner's Home, 9:37 PM

A loud howl rings out for somewhere nearby, rousing Null from his sobs of utter misery...
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Hairs rose on the back of his neck, and already Null felt like he might not have enough time. "Wolves out in the planes, that is not natural. The nearest forest is not for leagues away. Surely I am hearing things." As the cleric spoke, his shift from feral to civil mind made the use of speech rather difficult, and so, spent extended moments trying to articulate the words. Pulling back the anguish he'd been holding back for so long, Null brought his mind to the forefront, adding, "Please tell me they are associates of your's."

Having gone too far from the safety of the ranch, the archer unclasped the side compartment of his quiver and brought both arrow and bow to hand, knowing fully the danger of darkened wilds at night. Many times had he encountered hordes of wolves who's gaping maws dripped with a thirst for his flesh. Often enough, he'd escaped by climbing a tree, but even then, having traversed many territories, you never knew what the future might hold. There was even rumor from one band of adventurers he'd encountered, that the wolves were intelligent enough to forge fire, and blessed with the skill of tree-scaling, and in even rarer cases, migrated to other lands and regions, but all hunters of the wilds knew such things were never true. Still, it was best to be prepared for such things. In this case, Null was not.

"Give me but a few moments, Mother. I wish to encounter these beasts before they encounter me." Placing his quiver on the soft grass at his feet, Null unclasped the cloak and cowl he wore, and placed them in a pile at the foot of the tree. Reassessing the leather armor he wore, Null adjusted the straps and parts so that they firmly meshed with his figure rather than leaving flaps to wave about with his movement. After casting a spell with gestures mirroring those of the fluid river, the archer's clothing, armor, and skin began to take on the appearance of a wolfish-figure. Hair coated every bit of his figure till it seemed he was a mass of bulky black fur. His nose began to darken further, making the already wolfish facial appearance look even more menacing. Bringing his quiver back between his shoulder blades, and the bow back to his hand, Null began to set off through the tall grass in an effort to discover his possible enemies before they made a mess of things. "Do not worry, Mother. I will be back shortly," said Null as he left the sanctuary of the tree. In all honesty, fury raged within him for the beast that interrupted his ritual.
Rexleith
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rexleith »

Looking at the stake in his hands, Kamose quickly hides it on his person. Thank you Antonina, with this gift I may be able to save my friends.

Kamose is really struck by the gift he's been given. He is humbled by the Equaar Vistani.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Metaflux wrote:After casting a spell with gestures mirroring those of the fluid river, the archer's clothing, armor, and skin began to take on the appearance of a wolfish-figure. Hair coated every bit of his figure till it seemed he was a mass of bulky black fur. His nose began to darken further, making the already wolfish facial appearance look even more menacing. Bringing his quiver back between his shoulder blades, and the bow back to his hand, Null began to set off through the tall grass in an effort to discover his possible enemies before they made a mess of things. "Do not worry, Mother. I will be back shortly," said Null as he left the sanctuary of the tree. In all honesty, fury raged within him for the beast that interrupted his ritual.
Before long, Null spots the beast that has been stalking him. It cautiously steps out of hiding several yards away from Null... It appears to be an old wolf with an iron circlet or crown on its head. It is a pathetic looking creature, afflicted with mange, in addition to being scrawny and starved. As it cautiously pads closer to Null, the cleric notices the reason for the wolf's strange gait... Disturbingly, both of its front paws are backwards, turning inward towards its body!