Javenloft

Online roleplaying at the Café
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Javenloft

Post by Metaflux »

Well...isn't this peculiar...Time for a change of eyes...

Switching out of the black and white hues of darkvision, the scenery instantly changed to golden hues of varying light and dark. Grass, weeds, and other assorted plants hummed with a dim glow, while their roots seemed to thrumb the ground with a deep amber tone. His deathly gaze, thought not quite useful in the public's eye, granted many an advantage when hiding from the corrupted ones. Many a time had he woken up to a shambling corpse almost upon his throat.

While this was going on, Null figured it safe to assume a wolf who wore a crown was at least somewhat intelligent. Rolling through the four base languages and what little dialects he knew within them, the cleric repeated, "My name is Null. You have come upon my presence in a very inconvenient portion of my life. Please, leave me in peace for I have business I must attend to." Adding to the end of his segmented speech, Null pitched in an additional wolfentongue mannerism that meant something similar to go away.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Metaflux wrote:"My name is Null. You have come upon my presence in a very inconvenient portion of my life. Please, leave me in peace for I have business I must attend to." Adding to the end of his segmented speech, Null pitched in an additional wolfentongue mannerism that meant something similar to go away.
Getting the message from Null, the strange wolf stands motionless for a moment, before scampering off. By its rolled eyes and slouchy body language, Null can clearly see that the creature is disappointed.

...Once the wolf is completely out of sight, it begins howling somewhere under the bright and waxing moon...
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

A disturbing thought came to Null as the wolf took off. Why would an intelligent creature come to visit me if not to harm me? Especially at night...what...wait...I'm so confused... Such a perplexing event was it that the cleric couldn't make sense of it. Yet, maybe the creature was...no...What just happened?

"Wait! Why did you come?!" Null yelled. Instantly burst into a sprint to follow the creature, the cleric figured it'd be best to chase it down, or at least find it again. Thankfully, with his deathly vision in use, he was able to watch the path the wolf took. Once the wolf was clearly out of sight, he had almost given up hope, but hearing the howl restored it once more. Renewing his stride, Null assumed all answers would be provided if he followed. Still...he had to outrun a wolf...a wolfish crowned...creature...This is most perplexing..
Grimquest
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Grimquest »

As the party progresses Grim utilizes his translator a great deal. Not only is she a skilled translator but her knowledge of the aristocracy, customs, and even the lay of the land proves invaluable to Grim. He smiles shyly as he realizes she saves him from several possible blunders yet manages to maintain his composure in front of the nobles. He targets the rich as investors and those that own businesses as having to do with distribution or those with bars or connections to bars in the city or surrounding towns.
He breaks into the best of The Brew he has. He offers samples to those he is trying to entice first then sends the rest out to the rest of the party goers. After everyone has had a taste he makes an announcement with the help of his translator. Grim states "i hope u are enjoying The Brew.... u are enjoying just a sample of what is to come. Since coming to this land 2 new recipes have come to me and I plan to share them with all of u. The first will b called dread rook with the symbol of the 3 headed raven to remember and or commemorate this day and the vanquishing of the foul beast... Lol no pun intended.. The other even more refined brew will be named to honor this land and its great tradition of horse culture. It will be called horse piss.....So all those from other lands will say... Wow,even the horse piss takes good from nova vasa. .....As a roar erupts from the crowd Grim smiles as he knows that even if his previous talks with the nobles wasn't enough the overwhelming response from the common man ensured his success and financial backing if nothing else.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Metaflux wrote:A disturbing thought came to Null as the wolf took off. Why would an intelligent creature come to visit me if not to harm me? Especially at night...what...wait...I'm so confused... Such a perplexing event was it that the cleric couldn't make sense of it. Yet, maybe the creature was...no...What just happened?

"Wait! Why did you come?!" Null yelled. Instantly burst into a sprint to follow the creature, the cleric figured it'd be best to chase it down, or at least find it again. Thankfully, with his deathly vision in use, he was able to watch the path the wolf took. Once the wolf was clearly out of sight, he had almost given up hope, but hearing the howl restored it once more. Renewing his stride, Null assumed all answers would be provided if he followed. Still...he had to outrun a wolf...a wolfish crowned...creature...This is most perplexing..
After a surprisingly exhilarating chase, Null finds the beast standing on a hill covered in short grass. It is howling passionately at the moon, not seeming to notice Null as he creeps ever closer. Finally, it turns to face the cleric. It stands awkwardly on its hind legs and gives out a painful yelp. Then, under the light of the moon, before Null's very eyes, it begins its transmogrification! Fur retracts and sprouts seemingly at random, muscles and tendons twitch and pop violently, and its entire skeletal structure reconfigures... To Null's surprise, the iron crown on the beast's head remains firmly attached to its skull as it changes... The entire process takes only a few seconds, but it appears excruciating... It is a reminder of to Null, that his curse could have been far worse...

Seemingly exhausted by the change, the creature crouches down on all fours again, breathing heavily for a few moments... Null notices that the hybrid appears equally pathetic as the wolf, but he knows better than to underestimate any werewolf!
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

GrimQuest wrote:As the party progresses Grim utilizes his translator a great deal. Not only is she a skilled translator but her knowledge of the aristocracy, customs, and even the lay of the land proves invaluable to Grim. He smiles shyly as he realizes she saves him from several possible blunders yet manages to maintain his composure in front of the nobles. He targets the rich as investors and those that own businesses as having to do with distribution or those with bars or connections to bars in the city or surrounding towns.
He breaks into the best of The Brew he has. He offers samples to those he is trying to entice first then sends the rest out to the rest of the party goers. After everyone has had a taste he makes an announcement with the help of his translator. Grim states "i hope u are enjoying The Brew.... u are enjoying just a sample of what is to come. Since coming to this land 2 new recipes have come to me and I plan to share them with all of u. The first will b called dread rook with the symbol of the 3 headed raven to remember and or commemorate this day and the vanquishing of the foul beast... Lol no pun intended.. The other even more refined brew will be named to honor this land and its great tradition of horse culture. It will be called horse piss.....So all those from other lands will say... Wow,even the horse piss takes good from nova vasa. .....As a roar erupts from the crowd Grim smiles as he knows that even if his previous talks with the nobles wasn't enough the overwhelming response from the common man ensured his success and financial backing if nothing else.
Grimquest's fae old granny would be so proud of him right now... The formerly cloistered young Verbrecker seemed to have finally found his true calling. As a brewmaster in Nova Vaasa he could change his fortune, and that of his friends! The samples he had distributed among his potential investors were hugely popular, and a scattering of nobles were offering to buy large batches of The Brew in the near future... None though, were quite so generous as Grim's most likely patron, Egil Haaland. The so-called merchant prince had seen just how eager people were to taste of the concoctions of a recently celebrated hero. With a wry smile and a twinkle in his eye, Egil purchased one hundred bridles worth of The Brew from Grim’s wagon. In addition he had promised to rent Grim the large cellar of one of his leased properties. This cellar, he promised, would be an ideal spot fro Grim to create and store his "Brews", due to its close proximity to the Green Grail, one of the most successful inns in Liara!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Felix smiled as he watched from afar. Apparently plenty of people liked Grim’s Brew, and he knew he couldn’t blame them. He reasoned from what he knew of Grim’s upbringing that was one of the few things he was taught to do, and with that much time it was no wonder he was good at it. He made a mental note to check the contents of the book again, it had housed for a few possibilities. Seeing the attention waning away from him he went to look for Sir Hiregaard. There were a few questions from last night still lingering in his mind and though he had been very loud not too long ago he figured now would be a good time to approach and ask questions. He couldn’t be sure he’d get another chance to ask him while the nobles were in a good mood.

Taking a seat across from Hiregaard, he once again noticed the height difference even when sitting down. Internally he frowned realizing he looked much a kid at a table of adults, and despite being dressed finely he hoped after the rook business he was taken seriously. So he did what he always did in these situations he took a look around and smiled, because fate would have it the youngest looking person was the oldest person at the table, and man… did he look good for his age.

“Sir Steiner Hiregaard, you grace us with very high praise. Perhaps too much praise, and I’d like to extend my thanks to you from all of the Dread Rook Slayers,” said Felix before shifting his focus onto matters that interested him more. “You may not know this, but I’m actually a native to the realm of Nova Vassa though it’s been so long that I can’t remember exactly where I originally lived. I left quite some time ago, but it feels good to be back in Vassi.”

“I was told by the Seer who foretold our coming and slaying of the Dread Rook, that I might find interest in two people around here in Nova Vassa. The first was, Duke Bevis Vistin. I wonder what is your opinion of him? I would trust your opinion above all other nobles that might share of him, your judge of character seems to be quite acute,” said Felix before mentioning the second person. “The second she mentioned I’m not sure you would know…. She mentioned an Ilairam? I have a feeling he might be a weaponsmith… and it is in regards to elven weapon smithing so they might be an elf if that helps matters.”

He thought for a moment before daring his next question at which perhaps he could glean a bit of outside information form Steiner, and he decided to go the round about way. Perhaps he could see why Steiner might resent Mistress Baukis…. Did he already know her… condition?

“After a year, I’ll be free agent in Nova Vassa along with my companions. I was wondering what your opinion of our current… “employer” was? Miss Baukis has saved us from a few situations of mortal danger including one that claimed a few of my friends along the road. I suppose bandit’s along the road are to be expected but I was surprised that we were attacked so close to Nova Vassa’s borders! You must do a good job to keep vagrants off your land,” Said Felix as he noted the disappearance of their fin furred friend. ‘I wonder where Null wandered off too…? I guess public events just aren’t his thing… Can’t blame him.’

“We’ve heard the prior people sent here met a curious end… you wouldn’t know anything about that would you?” asked Felix finally done beating around the bush.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Fear and wonder flooded him as the spectacle played itself out. Knowing a fair bit about werewolves, Null knew that none of his weapons would work against this creature, and though he possessed small cantrips, none of them would suffice against a greater beast such as this. In fact, the only possession he had that might assist him in this event was his lineage. Also, a whispering came to the forefront of his thoughts.

...one of their own...

You have got to be kidding, Null thought to himself. It can't be that easy. He will surely tear me to shreds, or hopefully, bite my head off first so I don't feel the pain from him eating through to my spine...

A bead of sweat began to meander its way down the side of his cheek, though, Null was glad his spell still hid such signs of fear. Beyond the obvious warnings that played before his mind, the cleric knew he had to at least converse with the man, for that is what a werewolf is; once a normal race, now altered into another. There might even be an alternative to my curses...

Scenarios played before him once more, and suddenly, the stars shown just a little brighter that night. Still unsure of how to speak to the crowned lycanthrope, Null took tentative steps forward, and stopped within a few yards of the creature. "I recognize that I assumed your nature as that which might seek to harm me. I also realize you have every opportunity to eat me alive, but you haven't, which means something entirely different. You came here with some other purpose, and I was wrong to assume my doom lay in your claws. Forgive me for my...um...assumptions. I wish to at least speak with you, for you are the first of my kind that I have met in...ages. I do not know which tongue you speak, and I have limited capabilities when speaking with creatures of nature's creation. Therefore, I have some ideas how we could fix that. One, you could teach me how to bring my ancestral powers to light, or two, you could turn into a form that I could speak with...or maybe you can already speak in this form...oh...I feel similar to a idiot at the moment."
Grimquest
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Grimquest »

Grim wanted to thank his host for the great party. Before he left for the funeral he made sure to donate a few barrels of The Brew to the party and give thanks to his host in person. First the funeral of his dear friend Frinkelo then to the castle. After that was taken care of Grim was looking forward with great anticipation to seeing his new brewing space in town. It would be his first priority to get to town and get to business ASAP
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Metaflux wrote:"I recognize that I assumed your nature as that which might seek to harm me. I also realize you have every opportunity to eat me alive, but you haven't, which means something entirely different. You came here with some other purpose, and I was wrong to assume my doom lay in your claws. Forgive me for my...um...assumptions. I wish to at least speak with you, for you are the first of my kind that I have met in...ages. I do not know which tongue you speak, and I have limited capabilities when speaking with creatures of nature's creation. Therefore, I have some ideas how we could fix that. One, you could teach me how to bring my ancestral powers to light, or two, you could turn into a form that I could speak with...or maybe you can already speak in this form...oh...I feel similar to a idiot at the moment."
The hybrid casually walks towards Null, pausing a few times to identify scents, both from the air and on the ground...

With a better view of the iron crown, the cleric can see that it includes several small spikes at its base which literally bore into its wearer's head...

Stopping mere feet away, the beast begins speaking. Although its strange accent is unidentifiable, its guttural and unnatural voice is all too familiar, bringing back mostly bad memories for Null...

"Your scent is known to me boy but I must smell you to be sure... Do not be afraid. I know what you are... I will not harm you."
Last edited by Nemesio on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Musing's of Felix Alnaethor:

What is it to BE someone? Am I what I believe myself to be? If there were true than we wouldn't have heroes and villains would we? Nay, we'd only have heroes of varying degrees. Though one man's hero is another man's enemy. If everyone was what they believed to be... that is most I tend to think would believe they are "Just" and "Good" though those are subjective. So am I to believe that the world is made of people who are Just and Good? A foolish notion at best and navie beyond measure. I fear the answer does not come easy to this question.

Perhaps I am what people think of me. A personality can be shaped and nudged along a track by social interaction. If the town drunkard believes he is not a drunkard who are you likely to believe? Him? Or the fifty or so people that have known him for his drunken stupor? Thus do we get more honest answers from those who are not our selves? Then why so many conflicting extremes when it comes to rulerships, merchants, and even neighbors. Perhaps it is the human condition to like so much and to hate the rest. I should amend my previous statement of “Human” condition and broaden it to “Sentient Condition” for lack of a better term.

This Sentient Condition (SC) then might be the reasons for all the wars, fights, arguments, and disputes. Does this somehow shape our personality? Is there a limit to our capacity to love and hate? I’ve never known anyone to like and be able to tolerate everyone they’ve ever met. Even those that have big hearts will find those people that they cannot or will not care for.

If we consider this however, we run into the fact that my own race is considered strange and think differently than humans who are generally considered to be the ‘norm’ shall we say when it comes to comparison with other races. As much as this is a flaw in how the world thinks, I cannot help but change it. So Elves as we are known by the common tongue, generally don’t have the same linear thinking path and most think of us as flighty that we aren’t fully ‘in the moment’ which can be true some times. What we do makes little sense to humans sometimes but I believe that is because our race comes to think long term the longer we live, what may be a nuisance today will seem like nothing tomorrow in our eyes. If believe being however is judged by others than most things NOT human are Inhuman at least that is where most assume we lie on the humanity scale.

If people know me as the book worm that never speaks to anyone who are they to know? Perhaps they are right? Or maybe I speak only to close friends? Is the Monster I see hitting their family members in abuse the human he pretends to be? Who am I to judge what another is when I am incapable of determining myself?

Then perhaps we should equate what a person is to the soul? Is such a thing exist? With what I’ve seen from personal experience I must believe there is a soul, though what that actually means remains an illusive possibility. For if the soul does exist what does it do? Does the soul die? When it leaves where does it go? Every religion has a place for it to go, and everyone is convinced that is the right place? What it is no such place? What if the soul dies with the body? Shiver at such thoughts, for they lead you no where you want to be.

For the matter if one were to lose a soul what does that hinder them? Would it effect the very core of their personality? This…. Incorporeal thing? Does it really mean that much? Can this thing be pokes and prodded? Split and cut in two? Such dark stories filter through the magical community of such, and warnings in tales further the taboo of the study of Necromancy. Things that deal with the alteration of life force.

Many have the misconception that Necromancy just means bringing back the dead no… it has a broader array of applications. Things like increasing ones vigor… (False life) or exhausting someone at the mere touch. I’ve heard of spells that alter the strength of those nearby mostly negative… (Ray of Enfeeblement) and even those darker that restore the bodies movement and sometimes soul. Then we take a look at the… Divine side of things and see similar feats being done such as strengthening one’s self or bringing the dead. Leaves one to question but that is one for another time.

Alas I think WHO we are is even more mysterious than that. If I bring myself to believe that the soul is who we are then there are plenty of Souls out there that are no good, and they were doomed since birth to be the way that they are. No I cannot believe that, and thus must chalk the most defining thing of who we are is what we STRIVE to BE. I guess this must be part of the SC, and for all I know perhaps I am far off from the answer.

I take solace in this, that I strive to be what I want, and take endeavors in what I find to be most rewarding. It doesn’t matter what others think the value of reasoning, for that is who I am. Labels will just clutter up my sense of Self and perhaps I shall be remembered as one way, but at least I know for now in this moment, there is none other than me nor like me. I am what I choose. Thus I choose who I am.

Damn, who knew elves could focus this long?

-Felix Alnaethor

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Steiner is somewhat distracted by the raucous of the other nobles assembled about him, but he seems genuinely interested in what Felix has to say.
Zilfer wrote:“Sir Steiner Hiregaard, you grace us with very high praise. Perhaps too much praise, and I’d like to extend my thanks to you from all of the Dread Rook Slayers,” said Felix before shifting his focus onto matters that interested him more. “You may not know this, but I’m actually a native to the realm of Nova Vassa though it’s been so long that I can’t remember exactly where I originally lived. I left quite some time ago, but it feels good to be back in Vassi.”
Steiner smiles and shakes his head, saying: “You underestimate the value of your deed my boy! You have protected the Vaasi people where their own leaders could not. You deserve every bit of praise!”
Zilfer wrote:“I was told by the Seer who foretold our coming and slaying of the Dread Rook, that I might find interest in two people around here in Nova Vassa. The first was, Duke Bevis Vistin. I wonder what is your opinion of him? I would trust your opinion above all other nobles that might share of him, your judge of character seems to be quite acute,” said Felix before mentioning the second person. “The second she mentioned I’m not sure you would know…. She mentioned an Ilairam? I have a feeling he might be a weaponsmith… and it is in regards to elven weapon smithing so they might be an elf if that helps matters.”
Steiner perks up at the mention of the Seer, and ignoring another nobleman's antagonizing theories about his uncle the Duke's frequent absence from court, he springs to his feet, saying: “I ask everyone’s pardon, but I must have a moment alone with the boy.”
The crowd appears slightly offended by Steiner's insolent gesture, yet not a one protests outwardly as he walks over to Felix, puts a hand on the young elf’s shoulder, and leads him outside into the rain…
“I apologize for saying so Felix, but your inquisitive ways may get you into trouble here… Many present disapprove of my relationship with the Equaar, whom they consider to be nothing but horse thieves and charlatans. Antonina is an old friend of mine, so I can attest to her prophetic abilities, but our relationship is not common knowledge... Nonetheless, Antonina told me that your company would come and slay the Dread Rook, and so it was… She also told me that we would be allies, but you should know that I am not fond of Darkonians, nor do I trust Azalin’s traders, diplomats, and sorcerers. Unfortunately your band isn't exactly welcome with the rest of the nobility either. Like me, they are suspicious of Azalin's motive in sending another diplomat so soon after what became of the last one... I am trying to convince the others that you are merely pawns of the King of Darkon, despite certain facts… I will do whatever I can to protect you, but you will have to watch yourselves as well. Beware Liara Felix... Enemies lurk there in the allies and shadows. Ironically, you may be safest staying with Mistress Baukis for now…
...Oh and Felix, it intrigues me that Antonina mentioned those two men to you. I don't know this Ilairam fellow but I have heard that Duke Vistin employs an elf by that name as his personal bodyguard... The Duke of Blacktower Heights is a serious man, and very busy, but he is an honest and reasonable fellow... I will do what I can to aid you in gaining an audience with him...”

Zilfer wrote:“After a year, I’ll be free agent in Nova Vassa along with my companions. I was wondering what your opinion of our current… “employer” was? Miss Baukis has saved us from a few situations of mortal danger including one that claimed a few of my friends along the road. I suppose bandit’s along the road are to be expected but I was surprised that we were attacked so close to Nova Vassa’s borders!"
“That is great news Felix. I hope Mistress Baukis keeps good her promise... I find her very disturbing and I do not trust her, yet for some reason I cannot get her off my mind, as I anxiously await our next meeting... I have never been unfaithful to my wife, but... I don't even know why I'm telling you this... Please forget I mentioned it Felix... She is a vile sorceress and I don't trust her!..”
Zilfer wrote:“We’ve heard the prior people sent here met a curious end… you wouldn’t know anything about that would you?” asked Felix finally done beating around the bush.
No Felix, I honestly don't know who was responsible for what happened, but I would not be surprised if history tried to repeat itself. Beware my boy!"
Last edited by Nemesio on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Relief swelled within him, yet a feeling of dread and fear remained. Very rarely had he met one who understood the affliction he bore. For decades, he had wandered the land, hoping that there might be someone out there with empathy enough to understand who he was, rather than what he was; a cursed mongrel. Realizing that his ancestry was still within him gave him hope that he might be able to find friends amongst the people his parents had ran away from. Yes, there was a reason why he left, and he knew full well why they did, but still, there had to be someone like him amongst the clans; someone like him who bore the same curse, and wasn't fettered into malignant decent. If there was ever a time that Null knew he had to take a risk in order to accomplish anything, it was now.

Bending his legs so that his body was in a sitting position, but still ready to move if the need arose, Null bowed his head forward, all the while keeping as close of an eye on this beast as he could. For so long had he ran that the disguise spell he had sown dissipated, leaving him as open to judgement as ever.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

“No, no you shouldn’t risk your standing on something as frivolous as my curiosity, I have a sneaking suspicion that the body guard that the Duke Employee’s is my father. I cannot be certain however with you confirming the bodyguard’s name, and I have a strong feeling that this blade is a family heirloom. With Little Nina telling me that he might know more about it… I have a feeling he must be,” said Felix trailing off towards the end but quickly snapping back. “I’m afraid I don’t know what twenty plus years apart does, and my memory isn’t the best with what I’ve seen on the road. Please do not do this if it would inconvenience your station. I’m afraid I may have already in front of your noble friends. Especially since my primary reason is curiosity, secondary is that I am slowly researching the arts of enchanting. I’m slowly getting the feeling Magic is not welcome here.”

Felix then shifted his attention over to Baukis. He realized that many viewed Vampirism as a perversion of nature. Though he could debate they mostly served a purpose in the Ecosystem somewhere though they’d be hard to place. His loyalties were split here on one hand he liked Stiener however he was meant to serve Baukis for one year and couldn’t betray her trust either.

“On the subject of Baukis, don’t eat or drink anything she might have prepared. I cannot tell you more but something off the food might hold sway over you, I’ve seen it happen to a few of more my ‘rowdy’ companions,” said Felix as he shrugged. “She might have some magical talent to be a sorceress however I hadn’t considered that. I doubt she would try to seduce you, though she does have quiet the alluring presence. I think one of our younger members is quiet infatuated with her, so much to think that I the youngest looking person of our party poses a threat. Ha! That sounds like a fairy tale in the making, two slaves fighting over their mistress’ hand all the while trying to overcome the social standings that greatly encompass them all.”

“Thank you for your time, I will be headed to the wake now, and I wish the rest of the party goes well for you,” said Felix and then he shifted into a slight blessing in Elven. “May the winds of Luck blow your way, and your horses breed numerous and strong. Fend from you any curses that may follow you, and die for a cause you believe in.”

With a bit of a sly smirk Felix turns and goes skipping off through the place heading towards the Equaar…

Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

CLAIMED BY DARKON
CHAPTER FIVE: A DISH BEST SERVED COLDLY (PART ONE: THE ELENDIGHEDMARK) Continued...

Nova Vaasa, Mid-Spring of 730 BC

Equaar Camp, The Funeral Pyre, 4:20 PM

To All

Upon arriving at the Equaar camp, you see vardos and an impressive collection of pack animals being readied for departure. At the center of the camp, several tents have been broken down to make room for Frinkelo’s funeral pyre. In fact, this heap of things lies in the exact spot where Dame Antonina’s pavilion had once stood. Boris and other men are on top of the pile, carefully stacking pieces of what must have been Frinkelo's wagons. A few mourners stand around a pine box at the base of the pile. After taking a moment to say goodbye a teenage boy and his mother toss a few trinkets into the coffin…

As you approach the mourners, you are greeted by Kamose, Mikhailov, and Dame Antonina. The "sightless" raunie pushes past the others to get to you, and is the first to speak.

I knew you would return. We have been waiting... Now if you would be so kind as to place Frinkelo's remains at the top of the mound, we will light the pyre...

Mikhailov motions towards the coffin...
Last edited by Nemesio on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.