Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: Chapter Seven

Post by ewancummins »

FOERDE

RocEter wrote:

Foerde rides back to Fhylie. "I saw another, this a time a rider on horse back. Do you want me to try and track him or shall we press on?"

"You try and track him while I lead the main party to safety.This part of the country seems to be crawling with watchers; and I don't trust that they are all friendly."
She hands a hunting horn to Foerde.
"Signal me if you need my aid, old friend."
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:LORD FILBERT
ewancummins wrote: ''Oh, what, Tuornen? Ah, sorry my friend. "

Old Henryk drives on. After a bit, he says,
"Our Archduke is a great lord, the greatest in all Anuire! He protects the people in this realm, nobles and commoners too.. He even helps protect your land of Tuornen from the Manslayer’s pointy eared bandits, isn’t that right?”

The woman rider slows her steed’s gait, dropping back a bit to ride beside the wagon near Filbert.
“Excuse me, Good Sir, but did I hear you correctly—you are a messenger from the Duke of Tuornen?’
Filbert nods at old Henryk's words.

"Indeed is very important for a leader to protect his realm, all of them not only the nobles. And yes he does help us as well, people of Tuornen are grateful to have such a powerful and wise ally.

At woman's words Filbert nods again and says proudly:

"Indeed I'm a messanger. His Grace Duke Flaertes send me to talk to Archduke Aeric, that's where I'm heading to Seaharrow."

"Ah, then we are headed the same place, good sir."

The woman smiles.

"I'm going to see my husband, Martin of Blackhill. He does business in the city, selling coal to the smithies. My name is Idele--what's yours?"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

LORD FILBERT

Filbert smiles at the woman really happy he doesn't have to do the trip alone. Since he will travel with them he prefers not saying he is a lord, he enjoys the company of these people and he doesn't want to sound arrogant.

"I'm glad to hear that Idele. My name is Filbert and I'm Duke's Devlin Flaertes ambassador thus I'm going to Seaharrow to get a message to His Grace Archduke Aeric. It's really nice that we will do the rest of these trip together."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:FOERDE

RocEter wrote:

Foerde rides back to Fhylie. "I saw another, this a time a rider on horse back. Do you want me to try and track him or shall we press on?"

"You try and track him while I lead the main party to safety.This part of the country seems to be crawling with watchers; and I don't trust that they are all friendly."
She hands a hunting horn to Foerde.
"Signal me if you need my aid, old friend."

Foerde

Nodding Foerde takes the horn. "Be careful." He says and then rides off south by south-east.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:LORD FILBERT

Filbert smiles at the woman really happy he doesn't have to do the trip alone. Since he will travel with them he prefers not saying he is a lord, he enjoys the company of these people and he doesn't want to sound arrogant.

"I'm glad to hear that Idele. My name is Filbert and I'm Duke's Devlin Flaertes ambassador thus I'm going to Seaharrow to get a message to His Grace Archduke Aeric. It's really nice that we will do the rest of these trip together."

Idele laughs in a a pleasant, friendly sort of way.

"Yes, indeed! Not that Master Henryk and my two minders aren't good company."

Henryk grunts. The two bodyguards don't respond, but keep their eyes aimed towards the sides of the road, scanning the hedgerows, stone fences, and the stump-stubbled fields beyond.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert notices that the bodyguards look around and asks in low voice:

"Is it anything wrong? Is this a place where can be an ambush?"

He also checks the surroundings for anything out of the ordinary.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Filbert notices that the bodyguards look around and asks in low voice:

"Is it anything wrong? Is this a place where can be an ambush?"

He also checks the surroundings for anything out of the ordinary.

The younger-looking of the two bodyguards replies-

''These roads are supposed to be safe, but it's best to keep an eye out, just in case.''

Idele tells Filbert,
''We had a larger party, but my maid-servant fell ill and so we had to leave her at the last inn. Henryk's 'prentice boy stayed with her.''

Henryk grunts something like 'good lad', 'or maybe that was 'good load.'

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Safana looks a little uneasy as she assesses the enemy army: it seems to be larger than the friendly one. She is no military genius but she believes that is bad...

She hen begins assessing areas for flammability and tries to observe if there is any tension between the Goblins and the Knights...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SAFANA
kintire wrote:Safana looks a little uneasy as she assesses the enemy army: it seems to be larger than the friendly one. She is no military genius but she believes that is bad...

She hen begins assessing areas for flammability and tries to observe if there is any tension between the Goblins and the Knights...
She sees that the horses have been corraled to the south, near the tents of the Alamiens, while the great wolves and goblins keep mostly to the north.
Goblins and Men do mix a bit in the camp, but not as much as one might expect in a friendly sort of environment. At this distance, a long bowshot from the main camp, she can't make out things like conversation or facial expressions.

All over the camp, Alamiens and goblins are either on patrol or working to roll up tent cloth, hitch wagons, load baggage, and so on.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

DEVLIN

The knights and men-at-arms of Tuornen, and their steeds, rest in a wooded, shady glen where a little stream flows, located about a mile south of the last reported position of the larger enemy force.

''Any closer and we will surely be spotted by their pickets, Your Grace, even in these hills and with some timber for concealment'', Count Robin tells Devlin. "The scouts and skirmishers, led by my son, should be moving into position about now. "

Hotspur concurs.

Devlin may recall his boyhood lessons in warcraft. Based on those, his plan should work, and the advice he’s getting now should be sound. But he may recall the first lesson old Sir Rory taught him; the plan is very often the first casualty of a battle.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

SKIRMISHERS

Renn crouches low, his longbow strung and in his hand. Keeping close to the ground, he moves over to Cormac.

"Gotta hit them fast, disorient them before the cav arrives. Got any tricks to spook those horses? Or does the witch have any?"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Cormac nods. "Aye, I got somethin' that'll spook 'em good, an' drive 'em through their camp."

He considers for a moment. "Prolly spook the men quite a bit, too."

He looks at Renn. "Jus' say the word an' it'll be ready."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Renn gives a lupine grin, then turns to his sergeants. "Rain iron on my signal. Concentrate on the riders and the wargs." He doesn't relish the thought of one of those wolf's getting into the ranks of his skirmishers.

Returning to Cormac, he says, "Do it, and once they're distracted let's perforate 'em."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

GORGON'S CROWN

A fatter, larger man approaches and enters the makeshift wrestling area. Torthur nods at him. This one is tougher and rushes Torthur, at the same time the dwarf rushes him. The man nearly makes Torthur trip, but he remains standing, though his toe aches now. Surprising for a dwarf, his fists fly out twice, only one really connects with the man, a nasty haymaker. He staggers back, clearly affected by the dwarf's blow. The man tries again to grab Torthur and toss him, but fails. Torthur now demonstrates his knowledge and technique as to why he wins often. He grabs the man by the crotch and neck. lifting him over his head, before slamming him down on the floor, and elbowing him for good measure, knocking the wind out of him and the fat man lays breathing, beaten.

Torthur smiles and helps him up. "Good fight there, lad. Next one is on me. Thanks fer tha spar, yer not bad at all!" He claps the man on the shoulder and goes to get an ale. "Reese, let Clyde fight one or two. Imma go git an ale n watch o'er tha place." He walks over to Clyde the bear and scratches his behind the ears. "Tis yer turn, ye lush. Go an win a few, so ye kin get some a me ale!" He rubs his nose against
Clydes in affection and heads for the bar, taking a seat and accepting an ale from Lora.

"So, Lora, how ye bin doin? Everythin awright?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

FOERDE

Following the fresh trail for over an hour, riding and walking over hills and through scraggly woods, Foerde never regains sight of the mysterious rider.

Pausing to more carefully go over a patch of stony ground where the trail sign seems to vanish, the priest hears indistinct, but fairly loud, noises borne on the wind from the south.